RemedySpot.com

Re: A bonus workout yesterday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How fun, Darcy!!! Great workout too!! You are building special memories of a fun and loving mom with your boys!! I'm so glad too, after all the stuff you've all been through lately that everyone is healthy and able to enjoy times like this. Thanks for sharing it with us!

A bonus workout yesterday

So after dragging my feet for most of the day, I finally told the boys they could go outside and play in the snow. It's so much work to get the three of them bundled up and out the door! Actually, this is the FIRST I have ever done it (all 3)..LOL.. With Kaysar being just a bit over a year old, he's never enjoyed snow before. Anyway, I ended up giving them rides in my husband's giant sled. It was great! I had all 3 of them in the sled. I figure it was a bit over 100 pounds. Anyway, I lugged them all over. I put the rope around my waist, and worked like a horse :) Mostly up a hill we have in our yard (we have a big yard). I would lug them up it, and then they would sled down.. I'd go down to the bottom and lug them back up. We also made a few loops around the yard (which is about 1 acre). I was thinking the whole time I'd never be able to do this if I weren't in tip-top shape :)Anyway, just had to share. I suppose it was close to an hour when we were all done.. Darcy

You're so kind - thank you! It is great to know that we have a sled that works to pull them in. I'll have to get out there again on a warmer day...Darcy

How fun, Darcy!!! Great workout too!! You are building special memories of a fun and loving mom with your boys!! I'm so glad too, after all the stuff you've all been through lately that everyone is healthy and able to enjoy times like this. Thanks for sharing it with us!

So after dragging my feet for most of the day, I finally told the boys they could go outside and play in the snow. It's so much work to get the three of them bundled up and out the door! Actually, this is the FIRST I have ever done it (all 3)..LOL.. With Kaysar being just a bit over a year old, he's never enjoyed snow before. Anyway, I ended up giving them rides in my husband's giant sled. It was great! I had all 3 of them in the sled. I figure it was a bit over 100 pounds. Anyway, I lugged them all over. I put the rope around my waist, and worked like a horse :) Mostly up a hill we have in our yard (we have a big yard). I would lug them up it, and then they would sled down.. I'd go down to the bottom and lug them back up. We also made a few loops around the yard (which is about 1 acre). I was thinking the whole time I'd never be able to do this if I weren't in tip-top shape :)Anyway, just had to share. I suppose it was close to an hour when we were all done.. Darcy

I need a warm day and my boots to go out and play with my kids! I loved it when they were little and still do it with them now when I don't think I'll freeze to death (I hate being cold). But, DS forgot his boots on the bus the last day of school before vacation and there was a snow storm the next day (which was a scheduled school day) so I couldn't get his boots before the vacation started. Lucky for him, he and I wear the same shoe size now so he's been borrowing my boots when he plays in the snow! All of our 12" melted thanks to rain and above freezing temps) but there's more on the way tonight!