RemedySpot.com

Re: January Plan and My New Planner System

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I use excel and print on the individual sheets, fill them out then type them into the spreadsheet that way I keep track of it better.1/2 computer geek, Jen

>>So now, I have this pretty blue flowery binder with a years worth

> of monthly calendars, 2 months worth of daily pages, a section for my

> values, roles, and mission statement, a section for goals, a section for

> assessments, a section for my monthly plans, and a section for my food

> exchange list. All with a zipper bag in the front for my pens and

> highlighters.

OMG that sounds so freaking awesome tonya!! i also struggle to

find journals that suit my purposes... so ive fallen into the

problem of having 3 books -- daily schedule, food log and workout

log. it works for me, but it does get to be a pain to have 3

different ones. it must feel so good to be all organized and

ready to go, good for you!!

:*carolyn.

WOW Tonya, you are a TRUE visual learner, aren't you?That's really cool. I may get a binder to hold my ChaLEAN Extreme stuff in since I will need to track my pics, measurements, my weight each cycle of the rotation, weights used for each exercise and reps done for each exercise...PLUS I have to write down info for her fit test to see how much I've improved...I was thinking of taking every month before starting a new

cycle. JenSubject: January Plan and My New Planner SystemTo: exercisevideos , CatheFans Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 1:20 PM

Well, all this talk of rotations for January and what everyone uses for tracking was just the kick in the butt I needed to plan my stuff for next month. I am totally burnt out on my videos with having to do all of them this year, so once I complete these last three days of December, I'm going to do my own thing for a while. I may throw in a video for a component of the workouts, but I'm not going to be a slave to my videos in January. I'm just feeling like I can't do what I want because I have to do whats left and don't have time for a well rounded routine (because I apparently left too many pilates and yoga workouts until the end!) so it is making me feel trapped by the plan. I don't want to feel trapped by the plan, but I do want to have a plan, ya know. Anyway, I'm basically just scheduling that I'll do weights for this body part, cardio, stretch, etc. but not specifically picking a video or writing out a workout so that I have the flexibility to do my own thing or pick a video or go catch a class at a friends gym or whatever. In planning my routine, though, I also realized that I was getting frustrated with having one spiral notebook for my nutrition and exercise log and another planner for my daily routine and classes and stuff and a third notebook where I track my measurements, goals, and stuff. (Because the planner I bought last year didn't have all that in it.) There's not a lin Covey store here for me to get a planner I liked and I didn't like their forms for exercise and nutrition logging anyway, so I was going to keep being frustrated with whatever I bought, so I spent last night making my own planner pages for daily to do, appointments, etc., plus my values, mission statement, and goals pages, and I'm adding in my measurement/ assessment, nutrition and workout log pages that I use for my clients. I've put it all in one big binder so that I can keep track of everything together. I'll just have to change out my daily pages every couple of months because a 1 1/2 inch binder only holds two months of 3 pages a day plus all the goals and stuff and my food exchange list. So now, I have this pretty blue flowery binder with a years worth of monthly calendars, 2 months worth of daily pages, a section for my values, roles, and mission statement, a section for goals, a section for assessments, a section for my monthly plans, and a section for my food exchange list. All with a zipper bag in the front for my pens and highlighters. I have a system of highlighting things as they get done. Yellow if done on time, Orange if done in that week, and Pink if it gets postponed to a new week. Yeah, I know I'm anal retentive! LOL

Anyway, here is my plan for January, and yes, it's already in the binder waiting for Thursday!

1--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

2--Chest & Back, Cardio, Stretch

3--Biceps & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

4--Abs & Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

5--Long Cardio

6--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

7--Chest & Back, Cardio, Stretch

8--Biceps & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

9--Abs & Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

10--Long Cardio

11--Rest, Light Stretch

12--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

13--Chest & Back, Cardio, Stretch

14--Biceps & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

15--Abs and Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

16--Long Cardio

17--Short Cardio, Stretch

18--Circuit, Stretch

19--Abs & Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

20--Cardio, Stretch

21--Biceps & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

22--Long Cardio

23--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

24--Rest, Light Stretch

25--Chest & Back, Cardio, Stretch

26--Long Cardio

27--Abs & Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

28--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

29--Rest, Light Stretch

30--Back & Chest, Cardio, Stretch

31--Biceps and Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

Again, all with flexibility to switch them if necessary.

Tonya