RemedySpot.com

Re: Measuring fitness progress/

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,Resting heart rate tends to go down as you become more fit. It's a pretty simple thing to measure and track, too. Come to think of it, I haven't done this in a while.

I'm working on my 2009 goals and one of the things for me is especially to improve my aerobic/cardio fitness level, especially long-term stamina. Can anyone suggest a simple but at least semi-accurate way to measure that? When I do goals I want to not just say " improve aerobic fitness level " but especially how much I want to improve it and how I'm going to measure it. I know about the step test, is that the best way? I'll use the sitting down and reaching measurement test for flexibility unless someone has a better one for that and will do number of crunches in a minute to measure core strength and number of pushups in a minute to measure overall strength. Those are the tests the personal trainer did with me a few months ago so, especially since my workouts have been really scattered in the last couple of months, I'll probably just use the measurements from that as a baseline and set goals for improvement based on them (unless someone here has easier or better ideas)