RemedySpot.com

re: i hate my workout space

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ug, this is a tough one. Giving up a room with the mirror for

checking out form would be difficult to give up, but I can see how DS

by a certain age would need his own room.

You say you have a big house. Are there two rooms that can be

consolidated in any way? Outside of everyone's bedrooms and the

office, what other non-bedroom rooms are there?

Is there a basement with free space? It's amazing what a fresh coat

of bright paint and something to cover a cement surface can do for a

room/gym!

I feel for you, Cola Pop. Let us know if you come up with a solution!

Hugs,

Don't feel bad Carolyn, at least you do have a room you can call your "workout" room. I used the front room and it's pretty small because I live in a little townhouse that I share with my mom and two crazy Siamese cats! Isn't there any way you can get them to let you have the space and time to workout? You need time to yourself too! Jen

forgive me while i vent a bit... (it is exercise related,

anyway...lol)

but, i HATE my workout space :(

i used to have most of a spare bedroom for my video workouts...

one wall was mirrored and it was roomy and secluded.

however ds#2 eventually grew up enough to want his own bedroom,

so i recently moved out and into one end of our large, and quite

public, office space.

this brings alot of extra challenge to my video workouts --

either people are making too much noise and i cant hear the

instructor, or my workout is bothering someone who is trying to

work quietly on the computer. the kids and pets are running

around and under me. i cant see my form anymore (lots of windows

but no mirrors). there is not a good place to store my

rebounder, and everything is crammed into a corner. right now

there is a xmas tree (since dec 1) AND an air hockey table (since

xmas) in the workout space. needless to say, i didnt do very

many videos in december.

i just cant think of anyplace else in this house that i can claim

as my own space, especially for working out. and this is a huge

house! but it seems that everyone has their space except for

me... wahhhH!

the good things are that the windows give alot of natural light

and scenery, which my old workout room lacked. also it is just

big enough to workout in... bigger would be nice, but it will

suffice. so it isnt all bad... just presenting some issues

right now.

:*carolyn.

carolyn,

kids and their stuff take up a lot of space! somtimes i think every

room in my house is a playroom! i have sent most of the boy's toys to

their rooms but they drag them to other rooms. i'm sure, in time, you

will figure out a way to make it a workout space that is right for you.

maybe you can set a time for exercise and tell the boys you would like

privacy while you workout. i'm not sure if the animals will obey the

rule, lol.

stacey

Hi Carolyn!

I feel for you - I'm not thrilled w/ my space either. Our house is pretty small so I'm pretty much stuck w/ what I have. I do my videos/DVDs in the family room, but there isn't a ton of space (mostly due to the shape of the room and where the TV is), and it seems like there is always something to crowd me out (right now it is outdoor plants that are indoors, and the bunny's exercise ring.....) As it is, I have to move a chair out of the way to have enough room. It hasn't bugged me much this year b/c I'm mostly doing Pilates or for my video/DVD workouts, but if I were doing more complex cardio I'd be ticked big time.

The TM and bike are in the unfinished part of the basement which is pretty depressing b/c it is where the cat box is, all the storage is there and the laundry is there (although it is convenient to have a load going while exercising!).

I hope you can get at least the tree and hockey table out - sorry you got kicked out of your room!

Donna

Subject: i hate my workout spaceTo: "ExercisevideosYahoogroups (DOT) Com" <exercisevideos >, firmies4life Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 6:34 PM

forgive me while i vent a bit... (it is exercise related, anyway...lol)but, i HATE my workout space :(i used to have most of a spare bedroom for my video workouts... one wall was mirrored and it was roomy and secluded.however ds#2 eventually grew up enough to want his own bedroom, so i recently moved out and into one end of our large, and quite public, office space.this brings alot of extra challenge to my video workouts -- either people are making too much noise and i cant hear the instructor, or my workout is bothering someone who is trying to work quietly on the computer. the kids and pets are running around and under me. i cant see my form anymore (lots of windows but no mirrors). there is not a good place to store my rebounder, and everything is crammed into a corner. right now there is a xmas tree (since dec 1) AND an air hockey table (since xmas) in the workout space.

needless to say, i didnt do very many videos in december.i just cant think of anyplace else in this house that i can claim as my own space, especially for working out. and this is a huge house! but it seems that everyone has their space except for me... wahhhH!the good things are that the windows give alot of natural light and scenery, which my old workout room lacked. also it is just big enough to workout in... bigger would be nice, but it will suffice. so it isnt all bad... just presenting some issues right now.:*carolyn.

My workout area has changed several times over the past few years. I am currently using my master bedroom which doesn't give me much space, but I manage. I have an area under one of our windows where I store my DVDs and tapes in two plastic storage containers. On top of the containers I have my Firm Transfirmer step which has the shorter step nested into the higher one upside down. I put my stability ball into the steps. My weights, bands, etc are neatly stored under my TV tray. I definitely would like a new space, but just can't do it right now.

Kathy

From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ] On Behalf Of Donna M-PSent: Monday, December 29, 2008 5:38 PMTo: exercisevideos Subject: Re: i hate my workout space

Hi Carolyn!

I feel for you - I'm not thrilled w/ my space either. Our house is pretty small so I'm pretty much stuck w/ what I have. I do my videos/DVDs in the family room, but there isn't a ton of space (mostly due to the shape of the room and where the TV is), and it seems like there is always something to crowd me out (right now it is outdoor plants that are indoors, and the bunny's exercise ring.....) As it is, I have to move a chair out of the way to have enough room. It hasn't bugged me much this year b/c I'm mostly doing Pilates or for my video/DVD workouts, but if I were doing more complex cardio I'd be ticked big time.

The TM and bike are in the unfinished part of the basement which is pretty depressing b/c it is where the cat box is, all the storage is there and the laundry is there (although it is convenient to have a load going while exercising!).

I hope you can get at least the tree and hockey table out - sorry you got kicked out of your room!

Donna

From: Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser <pvissercyg (DOT) net>Subject: i hate my workout spaceTo: "ExercisevideosYahoogroups (DOT) Com" <exercisevideos >, firmies4life Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 6:34 PM

forgive me while i vent a bit... (it is exercise related, anyway...lol)but, i HATE my workout space :(i used to have most of a spare bedroom for my video workouts... one wall was mirrored and it was roomy and secluded.however ds#2 eventually grew up enough to want his own bedroom, so i recently moved out and into one end of our large, and quite public, office space.this brings alot of extra challenge to my video workouts -- either people are making too much noise and i cant hear the instructor, or my workout is bothering someone who is trying to work quietly on the computer. the kids and pets are running around and under me. i cant see my form anymore (lots of windows but no mirrors). there is not a good place to store my rebounder, and everything is crammed into a corner. right now there is a xmas tree (since dec 1) AND an air hockey table (since xmas) in the workout space. needless to say, i didnt do very many videos in december.i just cant think of anyplace else in this house that i can claim as my own space, especially for working out. and this is a huge house! but it seems that everyone has their space except for me... wahhhH!the good things are that the windows give alot of natural light and scenery, which my old workout room lacked. also it is just big enough to workout in... bigger would be nice, but it will suffice. so it isnt all bad... just presenting some issues right now.:*carolyn.

thankyou everyone for telling me about your workout spaces.

obviously ive been spoiled in having my very own workout room.

thanks for listening to my venting about losing my space and

trying to find somewhere else to workout. things will get a bit

better when the kids go back to school (one more week to go...ugh!)

:*carolyn.