RemedySpot.com

Last few days

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Sorry I haven't been posting much -just busy w/ holidays and such. I was back at work today, off tomorrow, back Wed and then off on Thurs/Fri. So I'm sort of out of my routine! :)

Anyway, Saturday, I did the 15 minute pyramid walk from Freytag's audio (that came w/ the Prevention DVD I borrowed from the library - something w/ walking in the title!) It was a good little warm-up for me and w/ the warm-up and cool down I think I covered around 2 miles. After that I did Suzanne Deason's Pilates for Weight Loss. A very nice and gentle Pilates routine. Classical mat work, filmed outdoors (nice for the winter!). My back was having fits on Xmas day, the day after and Saturday. I think it was leftover tightness from my injury the week or so before w/ the Exhale workout and just general stress from the cleaning, cooking and baking that comes w/ the holidays. It finally settled down yesterday (yay!) but I didn't workout b/c we had guests and then I was too pooped from all the activities of the holidays!

Today, I got up early and, since my back was feeling decent, I did Cardio Coach Volume 1 on the TM. I upped my speeds from the last time I did it - amazing that the impact of a run/walk program doesn't hurt my back (yay!) but a couple of ab moves can mess me up for a week! :) Since I was fairly close to 4 miles when Volume 1 ended, I stayed on the TM and listened to the "coaches notes" until I hit the 4 mile mark (total time was around 45 minutes). Then, I did Ana Caban's Beginning Mat work. I just adore Ana! This one was classical Pilates mat work - nothing fancy. Good for my back.

Not sure what is up for tomorrow - I'm aiming for a longer Pilates session, but I wouldn't mind some cardio either. Something short for cardio, I'm thinking of trying something from Voight, and if I do, I may do her Pilates ring workout (sticking with the theme!). I've been eating a ton of junk food lately.

I haven't really set any firm plans for 2009 for fitness or anything else - but I do know I want to get back into regular stair climbing (M, W, and F - the days I'm usually in the office), and I want to get back to the push-up challenge (I decided I'm taking it very slow - I'm starting w/ column 1 and just advancing from there - I think huge part of why I didn't keep up w/ it was b/c I felt like I couldn't advance at the pace of the program - so if I start w/ Column 1 I will at least get instant gratification on my advancement for a few weeks. :) I know I also want to resume training w/ weights (although I haven't gained weight, in fact, I seem to have lost a pound or two - likely from not being as hungry since my workouts aren't as demanding - but I feel flabby, which I hate. And, I want to finish up my exercise list for my chiro so that we can go over it and I can have a better idea of what I can/can't do and what

I may not be able to do now, but can do someday. Also, I want to declutter my DVD/video collection to "purge" the "bad-back" workouts! And, I know I want to continue to organize and declutter my house and office.

Sorry to ramble on! :)

Take care,

Donna