RemedySpot.com

January Plan and My New Planner System

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, all this talk of rotations for January and what everyone uses for tracking was just the kick in the butt I needed to plan my stuff for next month. I am totally burnt out on my videos with having to do all of them this year, so once I complete these last three days of December, I'm going to do my own thing for a while. I may throw in a video for a component of the workouts, but I'm not going to be a slave to my videos in January. I'm just feeling like I can't do what I want because I have to do whats left and don't have time for a well rounded routine (because I apparently left too many pilates and yoga workouts until the end!) so it is making me feel trapped by the plan. I don't want to feel trapped by the plan, but I do want to have a plan, ya know. Anyway, I'm basically just scheduling that I'll do weights for this body part, cardio, stretch, etc. but not specifically picking a video or writing out a workout so that I have the flexibility to do my own thing or pick a video or go catch a class at a friends gym or whatever. In planning my routine, though, I also realized that I was getting frustrated with having one spiral notebook for my nutrition and exercise log and another planner for my daily routine and classes and stuff and a third notebook where I track my measurements, goals, and stuff. (Because the planner I bought last year didn't have all that in it.) There's not a lin Covey store here for me to get a planner I liked and I didn't like their forms for exercise and nutrition logging anyway, so I was going to keep being frustrated with whatever I bought, so I spent last night making my own planner pages for daily to do, appointments, etc., plus my values, mission statement, and goals pages, and I'm adding in my measurement/assessment, nutrition and workout log pages that I use for my clients. I've put it all in one big binder so that I can keep track of everything together. I'll just have to change out my daily pages every couple of months because a 1 1/2 inch binder only holds two months of 3 pages a day plus all the goals and stuff and my food exchange list. So now, I have this pretty blue flowery binder with a years worth of monthly calendars, 2 months worth of daily pages, a section for my values, roles, and mission statement, a section for goals, a section for assessments, a section for my monthly plans, and a section for my food exchange list. All with a zipper bag in the front for my pens and highlighters. I have a system of highlighting things as they get done. Yellow if done on time, Orange if done in that week, and Pink if it gets postponed to a new week. Yeah, I know I'm anal retentive! LOL

Anyway, here is my plan for January, and yes, it's already in the binder waiting for Thursday!

1--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

2--Chest & Back, Cardio, Stretch

3--Biceps & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

4--Abs & Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

5--Long Cardio

6--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

7--Chest & Back, Cardio, Stretch

8--Biceps & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

9--Abs & Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

10--Long Cardio

11--Rest, Light Stretch

12--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

13--Chest & Back, Cardio, Stretch

14--Biceps & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

15--Abs and Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

16--Long Cardio

17--Short Cardio, Stretch

18--Circuit, Stretch

19--Abs & Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

20--Cardio, Stretch

21--Biceps & Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

22--Long Cardio

23--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

24--Rest, Light Stretch

25--Chest & Back, Cardio, Stretch

26--Long Cardio

27--Abs & Shoulders, Cardio, Stretch

28--Legs, Cardio, Stretch

29--Rest, Light Stretch

30--Back & Chest, Cardio, Stretch

31--Biceps and Triceps, Cardio, Stretch

Again, all with flexibility to switch them if necessary.

Tonya