RemedySpot.com

still in brace

Rate this topic

Guest guest

went today for his check-up/xray. Just to remind you, went from wearing his brace 23 hrs a day to wearing it just at night in July. This was after wearing for 10 months full time and his curve was down to about 8 degrees. Today the xray shows he is back up to 14 degrees. The xray actually looked better than July, but the measurement was not better. His doctor and associates kept telling me to remember the variance of 5 degrees.For now he will continue to wear his brace at night and we will go back in 6 months. His doctor did say if it is in the high teens he would have to go back to wearing it full time.I am not shocked, but of course disappointed. The good thing is nothing has changed for . He will continue to do exactly what we have been doing. He still likes

his brace and does not seem bothered by wearing it. I just thought we were done. Do you think waiting 6 months is too long for another xray?Should I press for a shorter time?Anyway I have been busy today and tried not to get bummed about it. God knows it could be much worse. And for that I am very thankful. We are truly blessed.Any comments would be appreciated.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas