RemedySpot.com

Re: still in brace

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It is so good to see you have such a positive attitude! I'm sorry things didn't go the way you wanted... I would be absolutely so disappointed as well! I am glad to hear that likes his brace as that makes it a bit easier to bear. Keep me posted.... Praying for you, Steph

Subject: still in braceTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 11:24 PM

went today for his check-up/xray. Just to remind you, went from wearing his brace 23 hrs a day to wearing it just at night in July. This was after wearing for 10 months full time and his curve was down to about 8 degrees. Today the xray shows he is back up to 14 degrees. The xray actually looked better than July, but the measurement was not better. His doctor and associates kept telling me to remember the variance of 5 degrees.For now he will continue to wear his brace at night and we will go back in 6 months. His doctor did say if it is in the high teens he would have to go back to wearing it full time.I am not shocked, but of course disappointed. The good thing is nothing has changed for . He will continue to do exactly what we have been doing. He still likes his brace and does not seem bothered by wearing it. I just thought we were done. Do you

think waiting 6 months is too long for another xray?Should I press for a shorter time?Anyway I have been busy today and tried not to get bummed about it. God knows it could be much worse. And for that I am very thankful. We are truly blessed.Any comments would be appreciated.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas

Hi Tasha,

What type of brace is your son wearing at night? Sorry but I haven't been keeping up. My son wears the Providence Bending brace at night and has had great success. He has been wearing it for 4 years.

Hang in there.

Gloria

Hi Tasha,

I am sorry that you didn't gt the results you were hoping for. I know this journey is such a roller coaster ride and we just need to take a deep breath and hold on. Stay positive. I know for a fact about the 5 degree margin of error. You can even get different numbers by just having different doctors do the measuring, especially dealing with a curve so small. I am glad does so well with his brace. Prayers until the next check-up! Keep your chin up,

Jill

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalk>Subject: still in braceTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 6:24 PM

went today for his check-up/xray. Just to remind you, went from wearing his brace 23 hrs a day to wearing it just at night in July. This was after wearing for 10 months full time and his curve was down to about 8 degrees. Today the xray shows he is back up to 14 degrees. The xray actually looked better than July, but the measurement was not better. His doctor and associates kept telling me to remember the variance of 5 degrees.For now he will continue to wear his brace at night and we will go back in 6 months. His doctor did say if it is in the high teens he would have to go back to wearing it full time.I am not shocked, but of course disappointed. The good thing is nothing has changed for . He will continue to do exactly what we have been doing. He still likes his brace and does not seem bothered by wearing it. I just thought we were done. Do you think waiting 6 months is too long for another xray?Should I press for a shorter time?Anyway I have been busy today and tried not to get bummed about it. God knows it could be much worse. And for that I am very thankful. We are truly blessed.Any comments would be appreciated.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Hi Tasha,

I am sorry that you didn't gt the results you were hoping for. I know this journey is such a roller coaster ride and we just need to take a deep breath and hold on. Stay positive. I know for a fact about the 5 degree margin of error. You can even get different numbers by just having different doctors do the measuring, especially dealing with a curve so small. I am glad does so well with his brace. Prayers until the next check-up! Keep your chin up,

Jill

Subject: still in braceTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 6:24 PM

went today for his check-up/xray. Just to remind you, went from wearing his brace 23 hrs a day to wearing it just at night in July. This was after wearing for 10 months full time and his curve was down to about 8 degrees. Today the xray shows he is back up to 14 degrees. The xray actually looked better than July, but the measurement was not better. His doctor and associates kept telling me to remember the variance of 5 degrees.For now he will continue to wear his brace at night and we will go back in 6 months. His doctor did say if it is in the high teens he would have to go back to wearing it full time.I am not shocked, but of course disappointed. The good thing is nothing has changed for . He will continue to do exactly what we have been doing. He still likes his brace and does not seem bothered by wearing it. I just thought we were done. Do you

think waiting 6 months is too long for another xray?Should I press for a shorter time?Anyway I have been busy today and tried not to get bummed about it. God knows it could be much worse. And for that I am very thankful. We are truly blessed.Any comments would be appreciated.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas

Hi Tasha,

has kept his curve at about 35 degrees for 4 years with the Providence brace. He wears it 10 hours every night. It has worked out for him. He is 11 years old. His scoliosis was caused by a chiari malformation when he was 4 years old. The only thing about the Providence is that he can't bend at the waist with it and it slants him over. However it doesn't stop him from running up and down the stairs.lol

Gloria

Hi Gloria, is in a TLSO brace. He has been wearing this same brace for 14 months now. With very few modifications. He had some good correction when he first started wearing it. He went from 15 degrees down to 8 degrees.........wearing it full time. I have wondered about the Providence brace. I hate it because I was blown away yesterday with the fact that his curve was coming back, and now am thinking of all these things I wanted to ask or talk to his doc about.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas is 7.5 degrees and brace free during the day!!!Casting 14 months and bracing 10 months

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] still in braceTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, November 21, 2008, 6:24 PM

went today for his check-up/xray. Just to remind you, went from wearing his brace 23 hrs a day to wearing it just at night in July. This was after wearing for 10 months full time and his curve was down to about 8 degrees. Today the xray shows he is back up to 14 degrees. The xray actually looked better than July, but the measurement was not better. His doctor and associates kept telling me to remember the variance of 5 degrees.For now he will continue to wear his brace at night and we will go back in 6 months. His doctor did say if it is in the high teens he would have to go back to wearing it full time.I am not shocked, but of course disappointed. The good thing is nothing has changed for . He will continue to do exactly what we have been doing. He still likes his brace and does not seem bothered by wearing it. I just thought we were done. Do you think waiting 6 months is too long for another xray?Should I press for a shorter time?Anyway I have been busy today and tried not to get bummed about it. God knows it could be much worse. And for that I am very thankful. We are truly blessed.Any comments would be appreciated.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today! One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Hi Gloria, is in a TLSO brace. He has been wearing this same brace for 14 months now. With very few modifications. He had some good correction when he first started wearing it. He went from 15 degrees down to 8 degrees.........wearing it full time. I have wondered about the Providence brace. I hate it because I was blown away yesterday with the fact that his curve was coming back, and now am thinking of all these things I wanted to ask or talk to his doc about.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas is 7.5 degrees and brace free during the day!!!Casting 14 months and bracing 10 months

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] still in braceTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, November 21, 2008, 6:24 PM

went today for his check-up/xray. Just to remind you, went from wearing his brace 23 hrs a day to wearing it just at night in July. This was after wearing for 10 months full time and his curve was down to about 8 degrees. Today the xray shows he is back up to 14 degrees. The xray actually looked better than July, but the measurement was not better. His doctor and associates kept telling me to remember the variance of 5 degrees.For now he will continue to wear his brace at night and we will go back in 6 months. His doctor did say if it is in the high teens he would have to go back to wearing it full time.I am not shocked, but of course disappointed. The good thing is nothing has changed for . He will continue to do exactly what we have been doing. He still likes his brace and does not seem bothered by wearing it. I just thought we were done. Do you think waiting 6 months is too long for another xray?Should I press for a shorter time?Anyway I have been busy today and tried not to get bummed about it. God knows it could be much worse. And for that I am very thankful. We are truly blessed.Any comments would be appreciated.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Thanks Jill! I think being so well adjusted to his brace helps tremendously! The fact that he does not want to take it off some mornings makes me stay positive. If he is OK with it than I will just go with that. TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas is 7.5 degrees and brace free during the day!!!Casting 14 months and bracing 10 months

Thanks Steph! It does make it easier to bear when he is good with his brace. I am just praying that continues as he gets older.Thanks for the prayers.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 years oldFort Worth, Texas is 7.5 degrees and brace free during the day!!!Casting 14 months and bracing 10 months

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] still in braceTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, November 21, 2008, 11:24 PM

Sorry, to hear that has more brace time.

No doubt he will be free by summer.

I would just keep a very close eye on him….If

you see changes, get back in before the 6 month appt. date.

HRH

From: infantile_scoliosis [mailto:infantile_scoliosis ] On Behalf Of Tasha Fontenot

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008

4:24 PM

To: infantile_scoliosis

Subject:

still in brace

went today for his

check-up/xray. Just to remind you, went from wearing his brace 23

hrs a day to wearing it just at night in July. This was after wearing

for 10 months full time and his curve was down to about 8 degrees. Today

the xray shows he is back up to 14 degrees. The xray actually looked

better than July, but the measurement was not better. His doctor and

associates kept telling me to remember the variance of 5 degrees.

For now he will continue to wear his brace at night and we will go back in 6

months. His doctor did say if it is in the high teens he would have to

go back to wearing it full time.

I am not shocked, but of course disappointed. The good thing is nothing

has changed for . He will continue to do exactly what we have been doing.

He still likes his brace and does not seem bothered by wearing it. I

just thought we were done.

Do you think waiting 6 months is too long for another xray?

Should I press for a shorter time?

Anyway I have been busy today and tried not to get bummed about it. God

knows it could be much worse. And for that I am very thankful. We

are truly blessed.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Tasha

Mommy of twin boys- and 3 years old

Fort Worth, Texas

Hi Tasha, I was just curious as to what brace is wearing? Santi went from a TSLO brace, both the boston and a special "spine extension brace" wearing them 23 hours a day, to a Providence night brace, and we have had more luck with the night brace then we did with the 23 hour braces. In his Boston 23 hour brace his back took a huge jujmp from 23 degrees to 40 in less then 4 months, when he was only 2 years old. Finally, at age 6, even with his huge growth spree, he has been maintaining, and actually decreasing his degree in his Providence ( with no brace on he is at 38 degrees, with the brace on 21 degrees). His nighttime ton brace didn´t do a great job for him either, his back also increased some degrees, not as drastic as it did in the Boston, but it did somewhat. The Providence is proving for us to be his best bet at

the moment at least. Each year is a new story, but for now, and the last 2 years, we have been having great luck with the Providence. Let me know which brace is wearing, just curious.Thanks,Kelli and SantiagoSubject: RE: still in braceTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 9:50 AM

HRH

From: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com [mailto:infantile_ scoliosis@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Tasha Fontenot

To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com

Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s]

still in brace

went today for his

are truly blessed.

Tasha

Fort Worth, Texas

Hi Kelli, is in a TLSO brace. He did have great correction right at first. That was when he was wearing it 23 hrs s day. He went from 15 degrees to 8 degrees. Since only wearing the brace at night he curve seems to be going back.Thanks for all the info about Santi. I have heard a lot of good things about the Providence brace. And have thought about mentioning it to his doctor.I just don't want to loose what we have worked so hard for.Thanks again.TashaMommy of twin boys- and 3 1/2 years oldFort Worth, Texas is currently in a brace at night.Casting 14 months.From: Hyatt <heather@infantilesc oliosis.org>Subject: RE: [infantile_scoliosi s] still in braceTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 24, 2008, 9:50 AM

HRH

From: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com [mailto:infantile_ scoliosis@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Tasha Fontenot

To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com

Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s]

still in brace

went today for his

are truly blessed.

Tasha

Fort Worth, Texas