RemedySpot.com

Re: Advair

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Al:

Exactly - you just click that little lever and breathe

in as deeply as you can. I do it really quickly -

snap that lever fast and breathe deep in when I do.

You don't even know that you are getting anything,

except I have noticed a slight little gritty sensation

on my tongue at times. The pharmacist said that you

would not be able to really tell that you are getting

anything, but you are. He also said to rinse your

mouth out afterwards or you could get thrush

infection. I hope that it helps you - it already seems

with me that I have to use the inhaler less.

Kathe in CA

Guest guest

Hi Kathe,

Thanks for the information. I was wondering if I was taking an air

placebo LOL!

Thanks also for letting me know about the thrush. Knowing me, I would

get it.

Hope you're having a great day.

Al in IL

> Hi Al:

>

> Exactly - you just click that little lever and breathe

> in as deeply as you can. I do it really quickly -

> snap that lever fast and breathe deep in when I do.

> You don't even know that you are getting anything,

> except I have noticed a slight little gritty sensation

> on my tongue at times. The pharmacist said that you

> would not be able to really tell that you are getting

> anything, but you are. He also said to rinse your

> mouth out afterwards or you could get thrush

> infection. I hope that it helps you - it already seems

> with me that I have to use the inhaler less.

>

> Kathe in CA

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I think that I was mis-diagnoised with COPD by the doctor responsible

for my RA. I wonder if my breathing problems are BECAUSE of my RA?

I've been on ADVAIR 500 since last November and an emergency inhaler

too. I have a lot of problems breathing. Guess I'd better get ahold

of the Rummy again.

Susie in MN

> > Hi Al:

> >

> > Exactly - you just click that little lever and breathe

> > in as deeply as you can. I do it really quickly -

> > snap that lever fast and breathe deep in when I do.

> > You don't even know that you are getting anything,

> > except I have noticed a slight little gritty sensation

> > on my tongue at times. The pharmacist said that you

> > would not be able to really tell that you are getting

> > anything, but you are. He also said to rinse your

> > mouth out afterwards or you could get thrush

> > infection. I hope that it helps you - it already seems

> > with me that I have to use the inhaler less.

> >

> > Kathe in CA

> >

> > __________________________________________________

> >

Guest guest

Al and Kathe and everyone else who posted on Advair-

THANK YOU! Never occured to me that the extra prednisone

in the advair could be causing some of my additional

summer swelling. My feet and ankles look like water

baloons and finding shoes in the am is a challenge. Am

on enough pred already. Have been on the 250 Advair

twice a day since late May. I developed a mycoplasmal

pneumonia -was treated with AB's and the advair and then

was kept on it. I did feel more alert on the

advair...thought maybe it helped the blues because I was

finally breathing and getting a little more oxygen. Just

a theory. Right now I am going through a massive bout

with fatigue ( I understand Tess...effort even to sleep

sometimes LOL) Unfortunately work is not allowing me

much R & R time. Thanks for advice also on rinsing mouth

after...never been told to do that... all I need is a

thrush infection. Have mild COPD as a result of 2

pulmonary embolism a couple years ago...so have had fun

with breathing ever since.

Gentle hugs to everyone,

• 8 years later...

Does any one else take advair for their breathing problems? It says don't take it you have liver diease. Just wondering

From: mightysmom <mightysmom@...>Subject: [ ] Re: Hep C types - MightysMom Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 1:36 PM

Hi Don,Here's what I understand at this point. The C/C refers to a relatively new genetic test (subtype of a subtype??). Some fairly new research is showing that of genotype 1 certain genetic groups have receptors for either interferon or ribavirin (I think interferon)which increase chances of success. I was told C/C has a 70-80% chance of cure compared to T/T where there is a less than 25% chance of a cure. I don't know what the letters stand for. I'm wondering if the traditional 50-60% chance of a cure with genotype 1 is an average of people who actually have very different response potentials. I'm not sure if there are other types than C/C and T/T but I have a vague memory that there might be.M's blood had to be sent to the Mayo Clinic for typing, so I'm guessing the research is from there.For us, it is the one glimmer of hope/bit of good news

in all of this.Thanks,MM> > > From: mightysmom <mightysmom@...>> Subject: [ ] Hep C types - what does the letter after genotype mean?> > Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 4:34 PM> > > Hi,> Mighty's Hep C is type 1b. Is the "b" a subtype? If so, what is the further genetic testing that revealed type "C/C" called (I thought that was the subtype). I know C/C is good, but I don't know what the "b" means.> Thanks!!!!!!!> MM> > > > > ------------------------------------> >

BethSometimes things like this, a person just has to laugh about. While I was in the hospital recouping from my liver cancer surgery, I had a whole lot of trouble with my breathing. However, they brought me a few puffers and one of them was Advair!! I can only think that if it was really bad for one's liver, then what was in doing on the hospital floor for liver problems?I never did get a script for the Advair; but, it wouldn't have been accepted by our Pharmacare system anyway and it's one that is far too expensive to buy.Gloria

Does any one else take advair for their breathing problems? It says don't take it you have liver diease. Just wondering

From: mightysmom <mightysmom@...>Subject: [ ] Re: Hep C types - MightysMom Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 1:36 PM

Hi Don,Here's what I understand at this point. The C/C refers to a relatively new genetic test (subtype of a subtype??). Some fairly new research is showing that of genotype 1 certain genetic groups have receptors for either interferon or ribavirin (I think interferon)which increase chances of success. I was told C/C has a 70-80% chance of cure compared to T/T where there is a less than 25% chance of a cure. I don't know what the letters stand for. I'm wondering if the traditional 50-60% chance of a cure with genotype 1 is an average of people who actually have very different response potentials. I'm not sure if there are other types than C/C and T/T but I have a vague memory that there might be.M's blood had to be sent to the Mayo Clinic for typing, so I'm guessing the research is from there.For us, it is the one glimmer of hope/bit of good news

in all of this.Thanks,MM> > > From: mightysmom <mightysmom@...>> Subject: [ ] Hep C types - what does the letter after genotype mean?> > Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 4:34 PM> > > Hi,> Mighty's Hep C is type 1b. Is the "b" a subtype? If so, what is the further genetic testing that revealed type "C/C" called (I thought that was the subtype). I know C/C is good, but I don't know what the "b" means.> Thanks!!!!!!!> MM> > > > > ------------------------------------> >

so what do you use?

Hi Don,Here's what I understand at this point. The C/C refers to a relatively new genetic test (subtype of a subtype??). Some fairly new research is showing that of genotype 1 certain genetic groups have receptors for either interferon or ribavirin (I think interferon)which increase chances of success. I was told C/C has a 70-80% chance of cure compared to T/T where there is a less than 25% chance of a cure. I don't know what the letters stand for. I'm wondering if the traditional 50-60% chance of a cure with genotype 1 is an average of people who actually have very different response potentials. I'm not sure if there are other types than C/C and T/T but I have a vague memory that there might be.M's blood had to be sent to the Mayo Clinic for typing, so I'm guessing the research is from there.For us, it is the one glimmer of hope/bit

of good news in all of this.Thanks,MM> > > From: mightysmom <mightysmom@...>>

Subject: [ ] Hep C types - what does the letter after genotype mean?> > Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 4:34 PM> > > Hi,> Mighty's Hep C is type 1b. Is the "b" a subtype? If so, what is the further genetic testing that revealed type "C/C" called (I thought that was the subtype). I know C/C is good, but I don't know what the "b" means.> Thanks!!!!!!!> MM> > > > > ------------------------------------> >