Guest guest

Hi Les,

I can't tell you about getting " pain free " , because I haven't gotten

there yet, except for rare days.

I _can_ tell you that it can get a lot better. But it can take a

L-O-N-G time to work out the right meds. And the improvement on a

new med can be so slow that you hardly notice that you are

improving. I think the recommendation is that you try each drug for

at least 3 months before deciding whether it is working or not.

I didn't THINK I saw any improvement with MTX, but when I had to

reduce it (due to liver problems caused by Arava, not the MTX

directly) I could definitely tell that I got worse again.

For some people, MTX by itself does the job. For me (and a lot of

people) MTX by itself isn't enough. But most docs seem to feel that

using some amount of MTX with any of the biologics make the

biologics more effective. I am currently on MTX and Enbrel. That

has helped more than anything other than MTX & Arava (which I can't

take anymore) but doesn't seem to be the full answer either.<sigh>

It _IS_ a long, frustrating process. But I guess the good news for

most people with RA is that my doc says that I am a frustrating

case.<g> I guess for most people, it's possible to find something

that works well sooner. I hope you are one of those!

--- In , " " <leslielick777@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> I have another question that I am sure has already been addressed,

but

> since I'm relatively new here I wanted to ask about expectations.

I

> am now 5 weeks post MTX injection treatments since being diagnosed

> with RA 8 weeks ago.

>

> Can anyone let me know what my expectations should be with regard

to

> pain relief and relief from stiffness as well. After sitting for

> periods of time, I get up and I feel like I'm 90 years old. This

is

> true after rising in the mornings after sleeping. Will I get

complete

> pain free? I know that there may be periods of flare ups, but so

far,

> I have had no evidence of anything. No real improvement, and

> certainly no pain relief. It may be helping as far as medically

goes

> in prevention of erosion, but that's something I can't determine

> without the doctor doing tests, etc. I basically want to know if I

> have better days ahead, or if I am to expect continual pain from

here

> on out.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Les

>

Hi Les,

I can't tell you about getting " pain free " , because I haven't gotten

there yet, except for rare days.

I _can_ tell you that it can get a lot better. But it can take a

L-O-N-G time to work out the right meds. And the improvement on a

new med can be so slow that you hardly notice that you are

improving. I think the recommendation is that you try each drug for

at least 3 months before deciding whether it is working or not.

I didn't THINK I saw any improvement with MTX, but when I had to

reduce it (due to liver problems caused by Arava, not the MTX

directly) I could definitely tell that I got worse again.

For some people, MTX by itself does the job. For me (and a lot of

people) MTX by itself isn't enough. But most docs seem to feel that

using some amount of MTX with any of the biologics make the

biologics more effective. I am currently on MTX and Enbrel. That

has helped more than anything other than MTX & Arava (which I can't

take anymore) but doesn't seem to be the full answer either.<sigh>

It _IS_ a long, frustrating process. But I guess the good news for

most people with RA is that my doc says that I am a frustrating

case.<g> I guess for most people, it's possible to find something

that works well sooner. I hope you are one of those!

--- In , " " <leslielick777@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> I have another question that I am sure has already been addressed,

but

> since I'm relatively new here I wanted to ask about expectations.

I

> with RA 8 weeks ago.

>

> Can anyone let me know what my expectations should be with regard

to

> periods of time, I get up and I feel like I'm 90 years old. This

is

> true after rising in the mornings after sleeping. Will I get

complete

> pain free? I know that there may be periods of flare ups, but so

far,

> certainly no pain relief. It may be helping as far as medically

goes

> have better days ahead, or if I am to expect continual pain from

here

> on out.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Les

>

Hi Les,

Everybody reacts differently to methotrexate. It took 6 weeks for me to

see any difference at all.

However it only helped a bit and now I am on that and Enbrel. You might

want to talk to your doctor about a pill

called Arava. I took that and I could actually get out of bed by myself

and get dressed. It helped alot with the stiffness.

I am the same when I sit...LOL I am 45 but feel like a hundred when I

have to get up and move....

Hope you get this thing under control......I have to say that even

though I take all this medication that I am still in pain.

I think (for me) that the meds stop the disfiguration or slow it down at

least but my pain meds sorta make me not care all that much about the pain.

Corinne

wrote:

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> I have another question that I am sure has already been addressed, but

> since I'm relatively new here I wanted to ask about expectations. I

> with RA 8 weeks ago.

>

> Can anyone let me know what my expectations should be with regard to

> periods of time, I get up and I feel like I'm 90 years old. This is

> true after rising in the mornings after sleeping. Will I get complete

> pain free? I know that there may be periods of flare ups, but so far,

> certainly no pain relief. It may be helping as far as medically goes

> have better days ahead, or if I am to expect continual pain from here

> on out.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Les

>

>

• 10 months later...

Beautiful Stef!! Thanks! In my own humble offering I would agree whole-heartedly and cannot thank you enough for bringing much needed attention back to a topic many do not consider on a typical day because we all get caught in moments of "Where's my java or tea?" or "Do the kids have their baths taken?" Mundane life can easily remain the greatest distraction from personal growth I can think of! *grin* I would add that with "great expectations" we find ourselves often set up to undergo suffering through denial or loss or rejection (aka suffering) into the state of being "very disappointed", yet if we exchange Hope & Gratitude for expectation, there is less hurt, less disappointment. It is our choice and we DO have the power to make that change within ourselves. That, to me, is such great news! Consider what changes in our relationships if we have hopes first (baby-stepping our way here) towards final release of expectation en total? Expectation becomes a self-created and perpetuated way for us to use another to fulfill our own needs. As Stef so beautifully and wisely stated/queried, "What would happen if we all gave up having expectations of others?" (SUCH an excellent and sage question, in me humble opinion, me darlin!!)Next, on the topic of self-expectation, we have, as a society - especially in the West and especially in spiritual groups as I have discovered - set a precedent filled with duality. Duality cannot allow for peace for there is no balance there. *soft smile* How many of us have two sets of standards? (I often do even though I work constantly to give them up.) I think, feel and wish things for me to be completed by me in a manner which is unforgiving and near-unto-impossible to appease let alone achieve! With others, I am softer, kinder, gentler. Why do we do this? I believe we are programmed in some ways by our society to do this, but also because there is a flicker burning within that says, "You can control this part of you and if you do not achieve X than you are a failure, self." Most of us would NEVER think to set those standards for others. This then, too, perpetrates both suffering and a separation for us from the unity we hope and are working so very hard for, in my most humble offering for contemplation and/or consideration.Lastly, Stef, honey? If you put toilet papers as a #1 for expectations I have to say that, as women, we DO need to expect to have toilet paper after we make #1 or we are in a very not happy zone! *teasing and very bad humor...sorry! ahem with a blush* Thanks again as I babbled your eyes off here this morning adding to what I see as an amazingly wise and beautiful offering from our esteemed, cherished and beloved, Stefanie! I love you so much, Sis! Love to one and all, cherished Family, and your loved ones and their loved ones and so on, and so on, and so on. Namaste. Metta.~Ali~>> Hello family. :) I have something on my mind that I would like to share.> I feel compelled, and when I'm struck with the mood to share the written> word, there's no stopping me! *giggles* my love, I'm sure you> would agree!> > I want to say something about expectations. It's not something that's> addressed too often. Usually we're busy thinking about other thoughts> and emotions. Whether or not an expectation is an emotion, I couldn't> tell you. It certainly FEELS that way. And just like any other emotion,> expectation needs a balance. It needs a harmony.> > Let's look at some of the material things we expect:> > -Toilet paper (sorry couldn't help but make that # 1 hehe)> -Pay check> -Transportation> -Good movies> -Clean food and water> -Shelter> -Protection> -Telephone> -Coffee> -Comfort> -Internet> > Emotionally we expect:> > -Reaction from others> -Love from our family> -Respect from our peers> -Comfort from our pets> -Enlightenment from our books> -Happy times with our friends> -Relief from a shower> -Entertainment from conversation> > The list could go on and on..............but you get the point.> > Now, look at these two lists, and take them all away. No more toilet> paper, coffee, phone, shower, books, friends, family, job, conversation.> (Really, stop and think about it) No more expectation, EVER. That's> enough to drive someone crazy!!! No more relying on other things. No> more expecting from outside influences. Now imagine that EVERYONE in the> world took away these expectations (especially the emotional ones). How> would we communicate? How would we live day to day?> > Do you feel lost? Maybe a bit unsure now? *smile*> > Expectation is a brother of ego. It's a form of self-control to protect> ourselves, and trick our brains into knowing "how it is". Because when> we "know" how it is, or how people are, then there's no nasty surprises,> we can then "re-act properly". Expectations can be bred without intent> by simply just getting used to something. Like having clean water from a> faucet. We then lose our connection with it, and our appreciation for it> is numbed. It's always there, unchanging....> > One thing we forget to acknowledge is the expectation of ourselves. We> all live in a world of perception that teaches us to be separated from> ourselves. To constantly look for something outside of us. To expect> EVERYTHING from the outside. From other people. I know that I've hurt> others with my expectations, and I've hurt myself with them. I know that> I have a lot of walls up because of expectations. It's like a game we> play with ourselves, and we don't even realize it!> > To truly have no limits is to not expect ANYTHING. Be grateful, be> surprised, be childlike and innocent. Release and let the unknown> GO....drop that dead weight.> The ONLY expectations you should ever have are the ones you have of> yourself. And if you can't reach them, then don't "expect" to be upset> about it! Move on and be grateful for every single person, and thing you> have in your life. See them in a new light without your expectations> wedged in between them keeping everything at arms length.> Give the un-suspecting a hug for the first time, and see their> "expectations" melt. *warm smile* Tell some one you love them without> expectation of hearing it back. Help someone out with out expectation of> recognition.....> > Pure love to you all.......with out expectation from any of you.......> [:x] [:*]> Stefanie>

ROFL...wonderful, ! (And, Lady T? Many kudos for your amazing attitude and action/s taken when faced with arduous and highly-charged emotional issues in your place of work which shared with us all in another post yesterday - I think it was yesterday anyway! lol) MUCH Love, Respect & Joy to you both and your beautiful family! ~Ali~ <knightsintention@...> wrote: expectation: error: code

5603-4595-34595b system: run scanning disk.... ... .. . no error found scanning folders.... ... .. . no error found scanning files.... ... .. . no error found boot sequence: safe mode: checking.... ... .. . system clear safe mode w/ networking: checking.... ... .. . reboot: normal: system: normal returning: to windows expectations as expected transmission: clear system: mointoring no errors found lololololololololololololololololololololo oppppppppppps > > Hello family. :) I have something on my mind that I would like to share. > I feel compelled, and when I'm struck with the mood to share the written > word, there's no stopping me! *giggles*

my love, I'm sure you > would agree! > > I want to say something about expectations. It's not something that's > addressed too often. Usually we're busy thinking about other thoughts > and emotions. Whether or not an expectation is an emotion, I couldn't > tell you. It certainly FEELS that way. And just like any other emotion, > expectation needs a balance. It needs a harmony. > > Let's look at some of the material things we expect: > > -Toilet paper (sorry couldn't help but make that # 1 hehe) > -Pay check > -Transportation > -Good movies > -Clean food and water > -Shelter > -Protection > -Telephone > -Coffee > -Comfort > -Internet > > Emotionally we expect: > > -Reaction from others > -Love from our family > -Respect from our peers > -Comfort from our pets >

-Enlightenment from our books > -Happy times with our friends > -Relief from a shower > -Entertainment from conversation > > The list could go on and on..............but you get the point. > > Now, look at these two lists, and take them all away. No more toilet > paper, coffee, phone, shower, books, friends, family, job, conversation. > (Really, stop and think about it) No more expectation, EVER. That's > enough to drive someone crazy!!! No more relying on other things. No > more expecting from outside influences. Now imagine that EVERYONE in the > world took away these expectations (especially the emotional ones). How > would we communicate? How would we live day to day? > > Do you feel lost? Maybe a bit unsure now? *smile* > > Expectation is a brother of ego. It's a form of self-control to protect > ourselves, and trick our brains into

knowing "how it is". Because when > we "know" how it is, or how people are, then there's no nasty surprises, > we can then "re-act properly". Expectations can be bred without intent > by simply just getting used to something. Like having clean water from a > faucet. We then lose our connection with it, and our appreciation for it > is numbed. It's always there, unchanging.... > > One thing we forget to acknowledge is the expectation of ourselves. We > all live in a world of perception that teaches us to be separated from > ourselves. To constantly look for something outside of us. To expect > EVERYTHING from the outside. From other people. I know that I've hurt > others with my expectations, and I've hurt myself with them. I know that > I have a lot of walls up because of expectations. It's like a game we > play with ourselves, and we don't even realize it! > >

To truly have no limits is to not expect ANYTHING. Be grateful, be > surprised, be childlike and innocent. Release and let the unknown > GO....drop that dead weight. > The ONLY expectations you should ever have are the ones you have of > yourself. And if you can't reach them, then don't "expect" to be upset > about it! Move on and be grateful for every single person, and thing you > have in your life. See them in a new light without your expectations > wedged in between them keeping everything at arms length. > Give the un-suspecting a hug for the first time, and see their > "expectations" melt. *warm smile* Tell some one you love them without > expectation of hearing it back. Help someone out with out expectation of > recognition..... > > Pure love to you all.......with out expectation from any of you....... > [:x] [:*] > Stefanie >

Stefanie,

WOW! Now that was awesome! After I read this, out loud, I said,

Wow and then the thought of a lightbulb over my head appeared,

hehe... Thank you so much! I was soooo wondering, OMG, I don't have

toilet paper? hehe...Then I read the wisdom you shared and it is

just beyond words...Humbly the best I can say is, you have really got

my wheels spinnin...It is so refreshing to learn some new way of re-

connecting with myself with the help of a wonderful sister as

yourself! I thank you and send you big hugs!!! I am saving soooo

many posts of wisdom, this is definitely one of them! I think my

folder for HH is chock full, but you know, Stefanie, my sweet, I LOVE

IT!!! Namaste,my sister, LUNA

--- In , " Stefanie " <diddiejar@...>

wrote:

>

> Hello family. :) I have something on my mind that I would like to

share.

> I feel compelled, and when I'm struck with the mood to share the

written

> word, there's no stopping me! *giggles* my love, I'm sure you

> would agree!

>

> I want to say something about expectations. It's not something

that's

> addressed too often. Usually we're busy thinking about other

thoughts

> and emotions. Whether or not an expectation is an emotion, I

couldn't

> tell you. It certainly FEELS that way. And just like any other

emotion,

> expectation needs a balance. It needs a harmony.

>

> Let's look at some of the material things we expect:

>

> -Toilet paper (sorry couldn't help but make that # 1 hehe)

> -Pay check

> -Transportation

> -Good movies

> -Clean food and water

> -Shelter

> -Protection

> -Telephone

> -Coffee

> -Comfort

> -Internet

>

> Emotionally we expect:

>

> -Reaction from others

> -Love from our family

> -Respect from our peers

> -Comfort from our pets

> -Enlightenment from our books

> -Happy times with our friends

> -Relief from a shower

> -Entertainment from conversation

>

> The list could go on and on..............but you get the point.

>

> Now, look at these two lists, and take them all away. No more toilet

> paper, coffee, phone, shower, books, friends, family, job,

conversation.

> (Really, stop and think about it) No more expectation, EVER. That's

> enough to drive someone crazy!!! No more relying on other things. No

> more expecting from outside influences. Now imagine that EVERYONE

in the

> world took away these expectations (especially the emotional ones).

How

> would we communicate? How would we live day to day?

>

> Do you feel lost? Maybe a bit unsure now? *smile*

>

> Expectation is a brother of ego. It's a form of self-control to

protect

> ourselves, and trick our brains into knowing " how it is " . Because

when

> we " know " how it is, or how people are, then there's no nasty

surprises,

> we can then " re-act properly " . Expectations can be bred without

intent

> by simply just getting used to something. Like having clean water

from a

> faucet. We then lose our connection with it, and our appreciation

for it

> is numbed. It's always there, unchanging....

>

> One thing we forget to acknowledge is the expectation of ourselves.

We

> all live in a world of perception that teaches us to be separated

from

> ourselves. To constantly look for something outside of us. To expect

> EVERYTHING from the outside. From other people. I know that I've

hurt

> others with my expectations, and I've hurt myself with them. I know

that

> I have a lot of walls up because of expectations. It's like a game

we

> play with ourselves, and we don't even realize it!

>

> To truly have no limits is to not expect ANYTHING. Be grateful, be

> surprised, be childlike and innocent. Release and let the unknown

> GO....drop that dead weight.

> The ONLY expectations you should ever have are the ones you have of

> yourself. And if you can't reach them, then don't " expect " to be

upset

> about it! Move on and be grateful for every single person, and

thing you

> have in your life. See them in a new light without your expectations

> wedged in between them keeping everything at arms length.

> Give the un-suspecting a hug for the first time, and see their

> " expectations " melt. *warm smile* Tell some one you love them

without

> expectation of hearing it back. Help someone out with out

expectation of

> recognition.....

>

> Pure love to you all.......with out expectation from any of

you.......

> [:x] [:*]

> Stefanie

>

Dear Stefanie,

You made a Good point. Thank You.

Peace and Love,

Lynn

--- In , " Stefanie " <diddiejar@...>

wrote:

>

> Hello family. :) I have something on my mind that I would like to

share.

> I feel compelled, and when I'm struck with the mood to share the

written

> word, there's no stopping me! *giggles* my love, I'm sure you

> would agree!

>

> I want to say something about expectations. It's not something

that's

> addressed too often. Usually we're busy thinking about other

thoughts

> and emotions. Whether or not an expectation is an emotion, I

couldn't

> tell you. It certainly FEELS that way. And just like any other

emotion,

> expectation needs a balance. It needs a harmony.

>

> Let's look at some of the material things we expect:

>

> -Toilet paper (sorry couldn't help but make that # 1 hehe)

> -Pay check

> -Transportation

> -Good movies

> -Clean food and water

> -Shelter

> -Protection

> -Telephone

> -Coffee

> -Comfort

> -Internet

>

> Emotionally we expect:

>

> -Reaction from others

> -Love from our family

> -Respect from our peers

> -Comfort from our pets

> -Enlightenment from our books

> -Happy times with our friends

> -Relief from a shower

> -Entertainment from conversation

>

> The list could go on and on..............but you get the point.

>

> Now, look at these two lists, and take them all away. No more toilet

> paper, coffee, phone, shower, books, friends, family, job,

conversation.

> (Really, stop and think about it) No more expectation, EVER. That's

> enough to drive someone crazy!!! No more relying on other things. No

> more expecting from outside influences. Now imagine that EVERYONE

in the

> world took away these expectations (especially the emotional ones).

How

> would we communicate? How would we live day to day?

>

> Do you feel lost? Maybe a bit unsure now? *smile*

>

> Expectation is a brother of ego. It's a form of self-control to

protect

> ourselves, and trick our brains into knowing " how it is " . Because

when

> we " know " how it is, or how people are, then there's no nasty

surprises,

> we can then " re-act properly " . Expectations can be bred without

intent

> by simply just getting used to something. Like having clean water

from a

> faucet. We then lose our connection with it, and our appreciation

for it

> is numbed. It's always there, unchanging....

>

> One thing we forget to acknowledge is the expectation of ourselves.

We

> all live in a world of perception that teaches us to be separated

from

> ourselves. To constantly look for something outside of us. To expect

> EVERYTHING from the outside. From other people. I know that I've

hurt

> others with my expectations, and I've hurt myself with them. I know

that

> I have a lot of walls up because of expectations. It's like a game

we

> play with ourselves, and we don't even realize it!

>

> To truly have no limits is to not expect ANYTHING. Be grateful, be

> surprised, be childlike and innocent. Release and let the unknown

> GO....drop that dead weight.

> The ONLY expectations you should ever have are the ones you have of

> yourself. And if you can't reach them, then don't " expect " to be

upset

> about it! Move on and be grateful for every single person, and

thing you

> have in your life. See them in a new light without your expectations

> wedged in between them keeping everything at arms length.

> Give the un-suspecting a hug for the first time, and see their

> " expectations " melt. *warm smile* Tell some one you love them

without

> expectation of hearing it back. Help someone out with out

expectation of

> recognition.....

>

> Pure love to you all.......with out expectation from any of

you.......

> [:x] [:*]

> Stefanie

>

Thank you Ali my love. You are such an incredible mind. "I would add that with "great expectations" we find ourselves often set up to undergo suffering through denial or loss or rejection (aka suffering) into the state of being "very disappointed", yet if weexchange Hope & Gratitude for expectation, there is less hurt, lessdisappointment. It is our choice and we DO have the power to make thatchange within ourselves. That, to me, is such great news!"Exactly! Everything you write here is true. If we learn to tone down our expectations, then our life will be so much more fulfilling! We'll see things we never noticed before about others, and our own behavior. People might be more open to us, we might make friends easier because there is no longer a "wedge" of learned behavior effecting our perception. Disappointment will rarely effect us anymore. My love to you all! *hugs*Stefanie> >> > Hello family. :) I have something on my mind that I would like to> share.> > I feel compelled, and when I'm struck with the mood to share the> written> > word, there's no stopping me! *giggles* my love, I'm sure you> > would agree!> >> > I want to say something about expectations. It's not something that's> > addressed too often. Usually we're busy thinking about other thoughts> > and emotions. Whether or not an expectation is an emotion, I couldn't> > tell you. It certainly FEELS that way. And just like any other> emotion,> > expectation needs a balance. It needs a harmony.> >> > Let's look at some of the material things we expect:> >> > -Toilet paper (sorry couldn't help but make that # 1 hehe)> > -Pay check> > -Transportation> > -Good movies> > -Clean food and water> > -Shelter> > -Protection> > -Telephone> > -Coffee> > -Comfort> > -Internet> >> > Emotionally we expect:> >> > -Reaction from others> > -Love from our family> > -Respect from our peers> > -Comfort from our pets> > -Enlightenment from our books> > -Happy times with our friends> > -Relief from a shower> > -Entertainment from conversation> >> > The list could go on and on..............but you get the point.> >> > Now, look at these two lists, and take them all away. No more toilet> > paper, coffee, phone, shower, books, friends, family, job,> conversation.> > (Really, stop and think about it) No more expectation, EVER. That's> > enough to drive someone crazy!!! No more relying on other things. No> > more expecting from outside influences. Now imagine that EVERYONE in> the> > world took away these expectations (especially the emotional ones).> How> > would we communicate? How would we live day to day?> >> > Do you feel lost? Maybe a bit unsure now? *smile*> >> > Expectation is a brother of ego. It's a form of self-control to> protect> > ourselves, and trick our brains into knowing "how it is". Because when> > we "know" how it is, or how people are, then there's no nasty> surprises,> > we can then "re-act properly". Expectations can be bred without intent> > by simply just getting used to something. Like having clean water from> a> > faucet. We then lose our connection with it, and our appreciation for> it> > is numbed. It's always there, unchanging....> >> > One thing we forget to acknowledge is the expectation of ourselves. We> > all live in a world of perception that teaches us to be separated from> > ourselves. To constantly look for something outside of us. To expect> > EVERYTHING from the outside. From other people. I know that I've hurt> > others with my expectations, and I've hurt myself with them. I know> that> > I have a lot of walls up because of expectations. It's like a game we> > play with ourselves, and we don't even realize it!> >> > To truly have no limits is to not expect ANYTHING. Be grateful, be> > surprised, be childlike and innocent. Release and let the unknown> > GO....drop that dead weight.> > The ONLY expectations you should ever have are the ones you have of> > yourself. And if you can't reach them, then don't "expect" to be upset> > about it! Move on and be grateful for every single person, and thing> you> > have in your life. See them in a new light without your expectations> > wedged in between them keeping everything at arms length.> > Give the un-suspecting a hug for the first time, and see their> > "expectations" melt. *warm smile* Tell some one you love them> without> > expectation of hearing it back. Help someone out with out expectation> of> > recognition.....> >> > Pure love to you all.......with out expectation from any of you.......> > [:x] [:*]> > Stefanie> >>

LMAO!!! Luna, I thought the same when I imagined to never expect to have toilet paper! I was horrified! *smiles* I'm sure ALL of us ladies here understand the importance of toilet paper, and now I never take it for granted. heheI'm very touched that you received some enlightenment and ideas from this post.....I love you too very very much. Metta my love,Stefanie> >> > Hello family. :) I have something on my mind that I would like to > share.> > I feel compelled, and when I'm struck with the mood to share the > written> > word, there's no stopping me! *giggles* my love, I'm sure you> > would agree!> > > > I want to say something about expectations. It's not something > that's> > addressed too often. Usually we're busy thinking about other > thoughts> > and emotions. Whether or not an expectation is an emotion, I > couldn't> > tell you. It certainly FEELS that way. And just like any other > emotion,> > expectation needs a balance. It needs a harmony.> > > > Let's look at some of the material things we expect:> > > > -Toilet paper (sorry couldn't help but make that # 1 hehe)> > -Pay check> > -Transportation> > -Good movies> > -Clean food and water> > -Shelter> > -Protection> > -Telephone> > -Coffee> > -Comfort> > -Internet> > > > Emotionally we expect:> > > > -Reaction from others> > -Love from our family> > -Respect from our peers> > -Comfort from our pets> > -Enlightenment from our books> > -Happy times with our friends> > -Relief from a shower> > -Entertainment from conversation> > > > The list could go on and on..............but you get the point.> > > > Now, look at these two lists, and take them all away. No more toilet> > paper, coffee, phone, shower, books, friends, family, job, > conversation.> > (Really, stop and think about it) No more expectation, EVER. That's> > enough to drive someone crazy!!! No more relying on other things. No> > more expecting from outside influences. Now imagine that EVERYONE > in the> > world took away these expectations (especially the emotional ones). > How> > would we communicate? How would we live day to day?> > > > Do you feel lost? Maybe a bit unsure now? *smile*> > > > Expectation is a brother of ego. It's a form of self-control to > protect> > ourselves, and trick our brains into knowing "how it is". Because > when> > we "know" how it is, or how people are, then there's no nasty > surprises,> > we can then "re-act properly". Expectations can be bred without > intent> > by simply just getting used to something. Like having clean water > from a> > faucet. We then lose our connection with it, and our appreciation > for it> > is numbed. It's always there, unchanging....> > > > One thing we forget to acknowledge is the expectation of ourselves. > We> > all live in a world of perception that teaches us to be separated > from> > ourselves. To constantly look for something outside of us. To expect> > EVERYTHING from the outside. From other people. I know that I've > hurt> > others with my expectations, and I've hurt myself with them. I know > that> > I have a lot of walls up because of expectations. It's like a game > we> > play with ourselves, and we don't even realize it!> > > > To truly have no limits is to not expect ANYTHING. Be grateful, be> > surprised, be childlike and innocent. Release and let the unknown> > GO....drop that dead weight.> > The ONLY expectations you should ever have are the ones you have of> > yourself. And if you can't reach them, then don't "expect" to be > upset> > about it! Move on and be grateful for every single person, and > thing you> > have in your life. See them in a new light without your expectations> > wedged in between them keeping everything at arms length.> > Give the un-suspecting a hug for the first time, and see their> > "expectations" melt. *warm smile* Tell some one you love them > without> > expectation of hearing it back. Help someone out with out > expectation of> > recognition.....> > > > Pure love to you all.......with out expectation from any of > you.......> > [:x] [:*]> > Stefanie> >>

Thank you , you're very kind. boundless love to you!Stefanie> >> > Hello family. :) I have something on my mind that I would like to > share.> > I feel compelled, and when I'm struck with the mood to share the > written> > word, there's no stopping me! *giggles* my love, I'm sure you> > would agree!> > > > I want to say something about expectations. It's not something > that's> > addressed too often. Usually we're busy thinking about other > thoughts> > and emotions. Whether or not an expectation is an emotion, I > couldn't> > tell you. It certainly FEELS that way. And just like any other > emotion,> > expectation needs a balance. It needs a harmony.> > > > Let's look at some of the material things we expect:> > > > -Toilet paper (sorry couldn't help but make that # 1 hehe)> > -Pay check> > -Transportation> > -Good movies> > -Clean food and water> > -Shelter> > -Protection> > -Telephone> > -Coffee> > -Comfort> > -Internet> > > > Emotionally we expect:> > > > -Reaction from others> > -Love from our family> > -Respect from our peers> > -Comfort from our pets> > -Enlightenment from our books> > -Happy times with our friends> > -Relief from a shower> > -Entertainment from conversation> > > > The list could go on and on..............but you get the point.> > > > Now, look at these two lists, and take them all away. No more toilet> > paper, coffee, phone, shower, books, friends, family, job, > conversation.> > (Really, stop and think about it) No more expectation, EVER. That's> > enough to drive someone crazy!!! No more relying on other things. No> > more expecting from outside influences. Now imagine that EVERYONE > in the> > world took away these expectations (especially the emotional ones). > How> > would we communicate? How would we live day to day?> > > > Do you feel lost? Maybe a bit unsure now? *smile*> > > > Expectation is a brother of ego. It's a form of self-control to > protect> > ourselves, and trick our brains into knowing "how it is". Because > when> > we "know" how it is, or how people are, then there's no nasty > surprises,> > we can then "re-act properly". Expectations can be bred without > intent> > by simply just getting used to something. Like having clean water > from a> > faucet. We then lose our connection with it, and our appreciation > for it> > is numbed. It's always there, unchanging....> > > > One thing we forget to acknowledge is the expectation of ourselves. > We> > all live in a world of perception that teaches us to be separated > from> > ourselves. To constantly look for something outside of us. To expect> > EVERYTHING from the outside. From other people. I know that I've > hurt> > others with my expectations, and I've hurt myself with them. I know > that> > I have a lot of walls up because of expectations. It's like a game > we> > play with ourselves, and we don't even realize it!> > > > To truly have no limits is to not expect ANYTHING. Be grateful, be> > surprised, be childlike and innocent. Release and let the unknown> > GO....drop that dead weight.> > The ONLY expectations you should ever have are the ones you have of> > yourself. And if you can't reach them, then don't "expect" to be > upset> > about it! Move on and be grateful for every single person, and > thing you> > have in your life. See them in a new light without your expectations> > wedged in between them keeping everything at arms length.> > Give the un-suspecting a hug for the first time, and see their> > "expectations" melt. *warm smile* Tell some one you love them > without> > expectation of hearing it back. Help someone out with out > expectation of> > recognition.....> > > > Pure love to you all.......with out expectation from any of > you.......> > [:x] [:*]> > Stefanie> >>

• 4 months later...

One more thing I should add, our son became a tummy sleeper after he

got his band so as for the memory foam I'd watch to see if your

little one changes from back to tummy sleeping. If so, then I

probably wouldn't use the foam (fear of sids).

lisa

> >

> > So, We made the decision to band with CT. I'm pretty sure our

RX

> is

> > secured although the doctor is taking FOREVER to complete it.

We

> made

> > the scanning appointment--yikes. I feel in my heart it's the

best

> > thing, but I'm very nervous about it. I asked at CT about

> > complications and they assured us there wasn't any as long as we

> kept

> > things clean. So, I'm wondering from a mom's point of view how

it

> went

> > to have their baby in a band? Should we expect sleeping

> problems?

> > Should we get memory foam? Car seat issues? Play issues?

> Trouble

> > holdind up their head?--CT said no. My daughter is just turning

> > months old.

> > Thank you,

> >

> >

>

I was really worried but my daughter did great and never fussed except

for 5 seconds when we place the band on her head. I did have her wear

a onsie for the first 3 days and followed CT's instructions of checking

and wiping her head. She slept great but I had ordered an amby bed

(www.ambybaby.com) for her and so that hopefully our next child may

avoid this issue altogether. The foam hammock and more weight on her

rear made sense to me. We are 4 weeks into this process and I am so so

glad we made the decision to band and so early :)

5 month old daughter in Doc Band for 4 weeks now - Dallas Texas

>

> So, We made the decision to band with CT. I'm pretty sure our RX is

> secured although the doctor is taking FOREVER to complete it. We

made

> the scanning appointment--yikes. I feel in my heart it's the best

> thing, but I'm very nervous about it. I asked at CT about

> complications and they assured us there wasn't any as long as we kept

> things clean. So, I'm wondering from a mom's point of view how it

went

> to have their baby in a band? Should we expect sleeping problems?

> Should we get memory foam? Car seat issues? Play issues? Trouble

> holdind up their head?--CT said no. My daughter is just turning 5

> months old.

> Thank you,

>

>