The pictures are of oats, turnips, Japanese millet, sorghum sudan,

rye, and pasture. We have used the annuals to fill in and extend our

grazing season. We actually have a lot of pasture, but I show a lot of

annuals because many farmers are interested in that. These slides are

from a grazing conference in VA and they put them online so others

could see.

http://www.files.vaes.vt.edu/SPAREC/Cheyenne_Christianson-Handout.pdf

Cheyenne

what absolutely beautiful pictures of your farm and family!!!  I wouldn't hesitate to drink raw milk right out of the field.....yum...I'd like to share some photos from my farm in northern WI in thehopes that others with animals may be able to get some ideas on thingsto try to cut down on feed costs. We have a certified organic 100%pasture/forage dairy. It's been 9 years since we fed grain and we havehad very good results. I caution anyone getting off grain to make sureyou have good quality pasture and hay and take it slow. Focus on soilfertility for nutrient dense forage. My goal is helping anyone lookingto grow better feed and become more self sufficient. I want to see anation of small farms once again.The pictures are of oats, turnips, Japanese millet, sorghum sudan,rye, and pasture. We have used the annuals to fill in and extend ourgrazing season. We actually have a lot of pasture, but I show a lot ofannuals because many farmers are interested in that. These slides arefrom a grazing conference in VA and they put them online so otherscould see.http://www.files.vaes.vt.edu/SPAREC/Cheyenne_Christianson-Handout.pdfCheyenne

Thank you for sharing, what wonderful pictures. For us in the dry west, it is so amazing to see such lush pasture!

Barb

Colorado

Farm Pictures of a Grassfed Dairy

I'd like to share some photos from my farm in northern WI in thehopes that others with animals may be able to get some ideas on thingsto try to cut down on feed costs. We have a certified organic 100%pasture/forage dairy. It's been 9 years since we fed grain and we havehad very good results. I caution anyone getting off grain to make sureyou have good quality pasture and hay and take it slow. Focus on soilfertility for nutrient dense forage. My goal is helping anyone lookingto grow better feed and become more self sufficient. I want to see anation of small farms once again.The pictures are of oats, turnips, Japanese millet, sorghum sudan,rye, and pasture. We have used the annuals to fill in and extend ourgrazing season. We actually have a lot of pasture, but I show a lot ofannuals because many farmers are interested in that. These slides arefrom a grazing conference in VA and they put them online so otherscould see.http://www.files.vaes.vt.edu/SPAREC/Cheyenne_Christianson-Handout.pdfCheyenne