RemedySpot.com

Re: The Art of Walking

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I love to take my time and really "walk". As many times a week as possible I drive to the mountains with my and we off road, and hike just to enjoy mother Gaia. I always come back refreshed and balanced. Yesterday we took a drive. We parked the car in a little nook hidden in the trees. And we noticed a baby tree that was ripped out of the ground and dying. It was still alive, but barely. Anyway we dug a hole for it and placed it in the ground. I put some fertilizer (coyote scat) in the hole with the tree, and I gave it some Reiki (which it soaked up like a sponge). It ended up raining directly after we planted it. I knew somehow, that Gaia was watching out for the tree and was aware of what we did. The point of this story is that if and I weren't out walking and being mindful of our surroundings then we never would have saw what was happening directly around us. Loveness,Stefanie>> > Have you noticed these days how many souls are out on walks wearing> headphones and trucking along, heads down and focusing with intense> intent upon some unseen something or other, as they wipe perspiration> from their brows? I have often joked that these serious souls are> likely listening to a CD entitled something like, "The Art of Nature:> Natural Sounds". *grin*> > How many seek out natural habitats to walk in anymore? Or do most still> just squeeze that power walk in during lunch in order to say, "I've done> my walk today."?> > The point here is that I believe too many have lost one of the key> reasons why we are meant to walk - beyond weight loss or weight and> cardiac maintenance. I think too many have gone the way of the working> world where everything is rushed, made efficient and thus neither> savored nor enjoyed. Have we stopped making time to nourish our souls> and connect with the Mother Earth in any way that is tangible and not> just part of a meditation?> > > Where is the pleasure of beholding the mysteries and magick nature> displays so wondrously, graciously and generously for us all, each> moment of each day,while we are taking a beautiful, long, slow walk in> as much of a natural environment as we can get to? Where is the> appreciation of the melodious communication of the various species of> birds all singing different songs for us; their brief audience? Where> is our laughter at taking time to note the silly antics of squirrels> (young and old), running hither and fro, gathering nuts or simply> playing chase/tag with one another?> > Slow down, breathe, enjoy life and walk for pleasure – for the gift> of being able to walk – and let nature unfold before you that you> may again reconnect with Gaia, her mysteries and her beauty. Your soul> is calling, will you listen? *soft smile*> > From my blog on MySpace (Eternally A Seeker) Original Composition by> Alison Kain 2007>