Guest guest

Guest guest

Natasha,

You can

ask your orthotist about duration any time and I would continue to ask

throughout the treatment. Of

course, realize that there are many variables including how severe the plagio

is (i.e. are there facial asymmetries to correct, etc.) and how many growth

spurts Aidan will have while in his band.

That’s different for every baby.

I’m no expert in this but your orthotist should be able to give you an

educated guess based on his experience.

So, if you

were casted this week, you should be getting the band week after next, right?

Keep us

posted!

& JD (DOCband since 2/26)

TX

-----Original

Message-----

[mailto:ngubash@...]

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 8:55

AM

plagiocephaly

Subject: expectations

Hi guys!

I noticed that someone posted there their

baby would need to be banded for 3 months. When does CT usually tell you

what to expect for duration of wear? At the initial fitting? We

were casted this week and I have no idea how long Aidan will be expected to

wear his DOCband, maybe because he is older?

Thanks, Natasha

Natasha Gubash

Atlanta, GA

ngubash@...

Do you

?

Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more

For more plagio info

• 4 years later...

Hello family. :) I have something on my mind that I would like to share. I feel compelled, and when I'm struck with the mood to share the written word, there's no stopping me! *giggles* my love, I'm sure you would agree!I want to say something about expectations. It's not something that's addressed too often. Usually we're busy thinking about other thoughts and emotions. Whether or not an expectation is an emotion, I couldn't tell you. It certainly FEELS that way. And just like any other emotion, expectation needs a balance. It needs a harmony. Let's look at some of the material things we expect:-Toilet paper (sorry couldn't help but make that # 1 hehe)-Pay check-Transportation-Good movies-Clean food and water-Shelter-Protection -Telephone-Coffee-Comfort-InternetEmotionally we expect:-Reaction from others-Love from our family-Respect from our peers-Comfort from our pets-Enlightenment from our books-Happy times with our friends-Relief from a shower-Entertainment from conversationThe list could go on and on..............but you get the point. Now, look at these two lists, and take them all away. No more toilet paper, coffee, phone, shower, books, friends, family, job, conversation. (Really, stop and think about it) No more expectation, EVER. That's enough to drive someone crazy!!! No more relying on other things. No more expecting from outside influences. Now imagine that EVERYONE in the world took away these expectations (especially the emotional ones). How would we communicate? How would we live day to day? Do you feel lost? Maybe a bit unsure now? *smile*Expectation is a brother of ego. It's a form of self-control to protect ourselves, and trick our brains into knowing "how it is". Because when we "know" how it is, or how people are, then there's no nasty surprises, we can then "re-act properly". Expectations can be bred without intent by simply just getting used to something. Like having clean water from a faucet. We then lose our connection with it, and our appreciation for it is numbed. It's always there, unchanging....One thing we forget to acknowledge is the expectation of ourselves. We all live in a world of perception that teaches us to be separated from ourselves. To constantly look for something outside of us. To expect EVERYTHING from the outside. From other people. I know that I've hurt others with my expectations, and I've hurt myself with them. I know that I have a lot of walls up because of expectations. It's like a game we play with ourselves, and we don't even realize it! To truly have no limits is to not expect ANYTHING. Be grateful, be surprised, be childlike and innocent. Release and let the unknown GO....drop that dead weight. The ONLY expectations you should ever have are the ones you have of yourself. And if you can't reach them, then don't "expect" to be upset about it! Move on and be grateful for every single person, and thing you have in your life. See them in a new light without your expectations wedged in between them keeping everything at arms length. Give the un-suspecting a hug for the first time, and see their "expectations" melt. *warm smile* Tell some one you love them without expectation of hearing it back. Help someone out with out expectation of recognition.....Pure love to you all.......with out expectation from any of you....... Stefanie

• 4 months later...

Okay Jenn, you sound like me when I first started freaking out about everything. You will be fine. Cranial Tech is the best and we loved them. My son graduated on New Years Eve. He was 6 months 2 weeks upon graduation and was banded at 4 months. Make sure the ortho you will be seeing is experienced. Mine was the senior ortho in NJ and was there over 2 years. I also switched to the level two car seat, mine was a Britax Roundabout to help my son feel more comfortable. The graco infant car seat was causing his head to slump foward. The Britax is rear facing for kids up to 40 to 60 pounds dependant on the model Sleeping was fine, we got the memory foam at target and put it in his crib the night we slept him in the helmet for the first time. He slept right through the night. The foam was the one in the white and green box. It is great. We put a waterproof pad over the foam and then the sheet. You dont

want to get urine on the foam as you will have to discard it. I would also have some hydrocordizone cream handy for heat rash. Less that 1% is reccomended for young babies. We got it at CVS but could not find it at Rite Aid so look around for this before you need it. Also buy some Aquafore it is a chaffing cream by Eucirin. It is made for babies and worked great if I saw a red spot and also great on the cheeks for dryness. We washed the helmet in 70% alcohol scrubbing with a toothbrush. We then dried the helmet in front of an old fan we found around the house. This worked great, it was always dry and ready to go back on in 20 minutes. We had to switch to a very mild shampoo because our son is very fair and the washing everyday started to dry him out. We love and reccommend the California Baby Super Sensitive Body and Shampoo Wash. It is awesome. Organic and mild. s didnt work for us. I wish you luck

and feel free to ask more questions. You are making the right decision and with your child being young like mine the faster you will see the desired results. We are so excited. Just have to keep him up off his head now to make sure we do not see regression. He is doing great sitting up on his own now but that happened in month 6. Stay strong and use us moms as a resource. We have been through it and by trial and error know the right things to do. Number one thing for me was to have the foam in place. That gave me peace of mind. Tammynarniepacella <narniepacella@...> wrote: So, We made the decision to band with CT. I'm pretty sure our RX is secured although the doctor is taking FOREVER to complete it. We made the scanning appointment--yikes. I feel in my heart it's the best thing, but I'm very nervous about it. I asked at CT about complications and they assured us there wasn't any as long as we kept things clean. So, I'm wondering from a mom's point of view how it went to have their baby in a band? Should we expect sleeping problems? Should we get memory foam? Car seat issues? Play issues? Trouble holdind up their head?--CT said no. My daughter is just turning 5 months old.Thank you,

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.