RemedySpot.com

Self Introduction-- Cindy--- Benton City, Washington

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi !My name is , my email address is Ninthstreetdesigns@..., I live in Benton City, Washington. I am a 2 dairy goat farmer, I have one registered Nigarian Dwarf doe due Feb 27th and one dry, unbred Nubian doe. We have 30 acres total, with a variety of fruit based agriculture crops and livestock we sell off farm, and at farmer's markets. I have been attempting to experiment with raw goat milk products for our own personal use. Had hoped to build toward a dairy/milking parlor/goat milk product sales, but still trying to figure out dairy laws/requirements, licensing, and waiting on government changes for us tiny farmers. Also, waiting for a million dollars to appear under a rock. I choose to raise dairy goats, mostly because of their size, and my age. lolIn Washington state it is legal to sell raw milk in retail stores. Also, as of Spring 2011, Legislation had been introduced that would exempt from regulation on-farm raw milk sales if the farm has no more than two producing cows,

nine producing goats, or nine producing sheep. Current law allows the sale of raw milk only by licensed dairies. Also, I am newer to drinking raw goat milk, but not so new drinking raw cows milk. Our farm, was my grandparent's farm originally; my grandparents operated a smaller licensed dairy cow operation/milking parlor back in the early 60's and prior for over 25 years. Our whole family drank raw milk from our cows, sold raw milk off the farm, and shipped the remaining to pay the farm bills back when our dairy was operating. I have never known one of our 3 generations of family who drank the raw milk to suffer any health issues due to raw milk consumption. So far, most of us have died from natural causes at a very old age. Never heard of milk intolerance then, but have kid's that are lactose intolerant now. Heard about your group while doing research on the internet for goat milk cheese recipes. Thanks for allowing me to join !!!