RemedySpot.com

New member intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

My name is and we moved to GA back in July with three horses, a dog and a cat. We have since added 6 Nigerian Dwarf goats, 2 Boer's, 4 rabbits, 3 silver laced wyandottes, two dogs, and another kitten! For the record, I don't want anymore animals. I am learning a lot about my dairy goats and plan on milking in Feb after our oldest doe has her first freshening. I grew up on raw cows milk as a child, b/c my grandma use to milk her cow everyday and night. We use to sit in front of the T.V in the evenings, shaking a jar of cream that we skimmed off the top of the milk, to make butter. The milk was the best tasting as well as the butter. My siblings and I were healthy as horse. My grandparents lived to ripe old ages of 90 and 92. They lived off their farm and we rarely went to the store for anything. (Those were the days!)

I now have three Children myself and want the chance to provide that kind of natural way of life. I am not a tree hugger or liberal (in fact I am very conservative) and actually work for a county government and see how much waste there is. As a mature adult, I am now feeling that the government is putting to many regulations on farmers, big and small. I want to make decisions for my family and my home and I don't want the government telling me what I can and can't put in my body without their approval first.

I believe that the government is out to make as much money as possible on people who are already struggling. The government needs to stick to providing infrastructure and leave the small/home farmer out of their scope of concern. Its time to get back to the basics. It doesn't matter how many restrictions you place on raw milk or any product, the product can be tainted by an outside source, whether its by accident or on purpose. (Tylenol learned that the hard way several years ago).

I am also against NAIS. Next the government will want to tag our children.

Okay, I'll step down from my soap box. Can I still be in your group?

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!