RemedySpot.com

Re: sour milk replies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I get my cultures there too..And one other

place too..I can find the other link if anyone

is interested..

sour milk replies

Thanks . I learned to make cheese many years ago, and did it with a book called Cheesemaking made easy. It is by Ricky and Carrol, and it is a storey book. I get all my cultures from New England Cheesemaking supply. I was just so shocked when I read that post. It is not something that I would eat, but if it works for others, that is fine.Happy cheese making all. Afrank

People have been making sour cream, butter, buttermilk, cottage cheese,

etc. from naturally clabbered milk for eons. Where do you think they

would have gotten cultures? Clabbered milk itself is often eaten.

(similar to yogurt)

E.

in the past i always left my milk out to sour for as long as a week

and it always separated and made delicious cheese. but i never got

orange/red spots in it. maybe because this time i didn't cover it

tightly? and also this time instead of separating into curds and

whey, the milk just turned really thick, sort of like yogurt. maybe

this milk had different bacteria in it. i don't know......

>

> I get my cultures there too..And one other

> place too..I can find the other link if anyone

> is interested..

> sour milk replies

>

>

> Thanks . I learned to make cheese many years ago, and did it

with

> a book called Cheesemaking made easy. It is by Ricky and

Carrol,

> and it is a storey book. I get all my cultures from New England

> Cheesemaking supply. I was just so shocked when I read that post.

It is

> not something that I would eat, but if it works for others, that is

> fine.

> Happy cheese making all.

> Afrank

>

please share the other link. thanks.

>

> I get my cultures there too..And one other

> place too..I can find the other link if anyone

> is interested..

> sour milk replies

>

>

> Thanks . I learned to make cheese many years ago, and did it with

> a book called Cheesemaking made easy. It is by Ricky and Carrol,

> and it is a storey book. I get all my cultures from New England

> Cheesemaking supply. I was just so shocked when I read that post. It is

> not something that I would eat, but if it works for others, that is

> fine.

> Happy cheese making all.

> Afrank

>

ok.............after all that, here's what happened......after leaving my milk out for a week, the cream that was at the top turned sort of almost solid and developed orangish/red spots on it, which i still have no idea what that was. the milk underneath the cream turned into the consistency of yogurt. so i skimmed off all the cream (what a shame!) to get the weird orange spots out, and then i put the "yogurt" in a cheese cloth and drained the whey out of it for almost 24 hours. what was left was about 2 cups of a softish cream cheese, and i combined it with some ricotta that i had made earlier, put some coconut palm sugar and a couple eggs in it, with some cacao powder, and made an awesome chocolate cheesecake!! it all worked out! and it turned out to be delicious!> >> > I get my cultures there too..And one other> > place too..I can find the other link if anyone> > is interested..> > sour milk replies> > > > > > Thanks . I learned to make cheese many years ago, and did it> with > > a book called Cheesemaking made easy. It is by Ricky and > Carrol, > > and it is a storey book. I get all my cultures from New England > > Cheesemaking supply. I was just so shocked when I read that post.> It is > > not something that I would eat, but if it works for others, that is > > fine.> > Happy cheese making all.> > Afrank> >>

Wonderful, how innovative of you! I will remember this in case it happens to me. Congratulations :-D

ok.............after all that, here's what happened......after leaving my milk out for a week, the cream that was at the top turned sort of almost solid and developed orangish/red spots on it, which i still have no idea what that was. the milk underneath the cream turned into the consistency of yogurt. so i skimmed off all the cream (what a shame!) to get the weird orange spots out, and then i put the " yogurt " in a cheese cloth and drained the whey out of it for almost 24 hours. what was left was about 2 cups of a softish cream cheese, and i combined it with some ricotta that i had made earlier, put some coconut palm sugar and a couple eggs in it, with some cacao powder, and made an awesome chocolate cheesecake!! it all worked out! and it turned out to be delicious!

> >> > I get my cultures there too..And one other> > place too..I can find the other link if anyone> > is interested..> > sour milk replies

> > > > > > Thanks . I learned to make cheese many years ago, and did it> with > > a book called Cheesemaking made easy. It is by Ricky and > Carrol, > > and it is a storey book. I get all my cultures from New England

> > Cheesemaking supply. I was just so shocked when I read that post.> It is > > not something that I would eat, but if it works for others, that is > > fine.> > Happy cheese making all.

> > Afrank> >>

-- Warmly, Verderaime RVT,RN,DHerbwww.mtairyfolkmedicinecenter.comThe whiter the bread, the sooner you're dead.

" I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of theConstitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, onobjects of benevolence, the money of their constituents... " Madison (Author of the Constitution)

" I've seen the village, and I don't want it raising my child. " Autumn Burke " No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human

spirit. " Helen Keller

thank you maria! i was traveling back home today from visiting my brother, which is where i made the cheesecake, and he doesn't really have a sweet tooth, plus he doesn't care about the quality of his food (raw grassfed dairy, pastured eggs, etc), so i brought the cheesecake home with me in a little cooler, and i ate a huge piece of it during my connection! mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! it was so yummy! > > > >> > > > I get my cultures there too..And one other> > > > place too..I can find the other link if anyone> > > > is interested..> > > > sour milk replies> > > >> > > >> > > > Thanks . I learned to make cheese many years ago, and did it> > > with> > > > a book called Cheesemaking made easy. It is by Ricky and > > > Carrol,> > > > and it is a storey book. I get all my cultures from New England> > > > Cheesemaking supply. I was just so shocked when I read that post.> > > It is> > > > not something that I would eat, but if it works for others, that is> > > > fine.> > > > Happy cheese making all.> > > > Afrank> > > >> > >> > > >> > > > -- > Warmly, Verderaime RVT,RN,DHerb> www.mtairyfolkmedicinecenter.com> > The whiter the bread, the sooner you're dead.> > "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the> Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on> objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents..." > Madison (Author of the Constitution)> > "I've seen the village, and I don't want it raising my child."> Autumn Burke> > "No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an> uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human> spirit." Helen Keller>