RemedySpot.com

Shefa's Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All & Happy New Year!I am a new member and DC Chapter leader of WAPF. Don't quite remember how I stumbled into all of this and NT but I do remember how my love affair with raw milk started. Though I live in DC now, I am from NY and was living in Litchfield County CT when my work commute had me passing a dairy farmer who advertised raw milk for sale. I hadn't really understood what was meant by 'raw' at the time and decided one late night ride home to pick up a gallon. I mean, it felt right to be purchasing milk straight from the dairy farmer himself anyway. I went in and the honor system of purchasing the produce was also quite touching and I thought, "yes, I want to be a part of a community that supports our neighboring farms AND trusts each other". I

decided I would buy my milk, even at $8 per gallon (!) from them all the time. I momentarily questioned the yellow tint to the milk and picked up the Real Milk brochure on my way out. Immediately upon opening the container, I knew there was something so very different; a difference I felt my ancestral cell's recognized as familiar. The cream that somewhat 'clogged' the opening fascinated me and just the fact that I was spending so much thought and awe over milk let me know I had stumbled onto a special find, liquid gold in a way. I read the brochure and everything simply made sense. Now I have a daughter in her doctoral program for water-born and infectious diseases at Tufts and she's a germ-geek. She was very opposed to my consumption of raw milk but, on a visit home, dared to drink it and was blessed by the magic of the milk. When I moved away to DC,

worry about finding raw milk again was paramount on my head. I mean, of all the things to worry about! I've found some Amish farms I was buying from initially and the milk was good too. Their cows were grass fed but they were also fed a corn-mix meal. So the search for local (and reasonably priced) raw dairy goods is on! I thought joining this group would also provide helpful resources, hints and discussions. Peace to you,Shefa