RemedySpot.com

Boys with Idiopathic Infantile Scoliosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

all of " The studies " point to True Idiopathic Infantile scoliosis

being rare in Boys in the US. Who knows about this topic? Do you have

a son with Idiopathic infantile scoliosis, have they had a MRI?

My name is Cassie my son he has a 38 degree thoracic curve

diagnosed at 9 months with a 32 degree curve he is almost 5. FYI I

have scoliosis too. has been under the care of a Pediatric

orthopedist as well as a Orthotist since he was 9 months.

I have been apart of the group for a long time now, I don't post much.

But I read your posts & the information & encouragement in the group

has been great!

Thanks

I understand that it is the opposite, that IIS is more common in boys, adolescent scoliosis is more common in girls. Infantile scoliosis is rare in the US, more common in the UK. My son is now 17 months old, in a cast, he has had an echo cardiogram, renal ultrasound and an MRI; all totally normal. There is no none cause for his scoliosis. No one in my or my husband's family has scoliosis an we were told that this can be from a very distant recessive gene. ~Krista

Subject: Boys with Idiopathic Infantile ScoliosisTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 10:03 PM

all of "The studies" point to True Idiopathic Infantile scoliosis being rare in Boys in the US. Who knows about this topic? Do you have a son with Idiopathic infantile scoliosis, have they had a MRI? My name is Cassie my son he has a 38 degree thoracic curve diagnosed at 9 months with a 32 degree curve he is almost 5. FYI I have scoliosis too. has been under the care of a Pediatric orthopedist as well as a Orthotist since he was 9 months.I have been apart of the group for a long time now, I don't post much. But I read your posts & the information & encouragement in the group has been great!Thanks

I have heard that also, Krista. Noelle's geneticist also told me that children have an increased chance of scoliosis when the mother has a history of it.... Just my 2 cents... Steph

From: jasonandcas <clp4jlpaol (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] Boys with Idiopathic Infantile ScoliosisTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 10:03 PM

all of "The studies" point to True Idiopathic Infantile scoliosis being rare in Boys in the US. Who knows about this topic? Do you have a son with Idiopathic infantile scoliosis, have they had a MRI? My name is Cassie my son he has a 38 degree thoracic curve diagnosed at 9 months with a 32 degree curve he is almost 5. FYI I have scoliosis too. has been under the care of a Pediatric orthopedist as well as a Orthotist since he was 9 months.I have been apart of the group for a long time now, I don't post much. But I read your posts & the information & encouragement in the group has been great!Thanks

I have heard that also, Krista. Noelle's geneticist also told me that children have an increased chance of scoliosis when the mother has a history of it.... Just my 2 cents... Steph

From: jasonandcas <clp4jlpaol (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] Boys with Idiopathic Infantile ScoliosisTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 10:03 PM