RemedySpot.com

Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome! I graduated from Brookings, SD. I also homeschool and garden. This is a great group, have you checked the rawmilk.org site for more info on your state? I'm wondering if there is something that would be helpful there.

Barb

Eastern CO

Introduction

We live on a 10-acre farm near Viborg, SD (about 45 miles from Sioux Falls). Loren works at the local ethanol plant which isn't the most popular place right now. home schools the kids and manages the farmstead. Along with a large garden, we raise about 35 ewes, currently 2 horses, chickens, rabbits, 3-4 pigs per year. We have 1 Jersey cow - Daphne - who we have had for 4 years and just got a jersey heifer. We are also considering buying another Jersey for our 11 yr old. We drink our milk and make butter and ice cream. We sell a few gallons a week but would like to increase this. There is getting to be a larger group in Sioux Falls that would be interested in raw milk. We are looking to expand our market and would like to be able to advertise but the laws aren't very clear in SD.Looking forward to participating in this group.Loren & Viborg, South Dakota

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm from Oneonta Alabama living on 26-27 acres. We have Paso Fino horses, miniature donkeys, Boer and Boer/kiko meat goats and Abby my 'giving goat'. Oh and 3 great pyrenese guard dogs to look out after everyone! When we moved up here we came with only the horses and donks, the farm we settled on raised meat goats and because of Kudzu we felt maybe we have a "few" to keep in down/in control. Oh Yeah, goats do multiply and grow on you! We got Abby becuase the mini donks, which had lived platonically and happily together for 9 years decided to bless us with a foal - Stan was a slow learner or Viv was a reluctant mate - Vivian was an older mother and didn't know what that thing was and care to find out either, thank you. So we bottled raised Sid, the spitting immage of his Dad. It was just a fluke right? Nope, the next year Spring came along and again Vivie said, I did my part and that's all I'm going to do, she's yours! I didn't want to use milk replacer again so enter Abby. Abby is a wonderful grade Nubian that gives wonderfully rich milk. After Spring was weaned, we got to use all of her milk for ourselves. I have learned a litlle cheese making - what fun and tasty to boot - and also soap making. I don't sell only share as raw milk can only be sold in Alabama "for pet use only" and I have heard that it is supposed to be tinted blue.

I look forward to learning a lot from this group and thank you for allowing me to join

Vicky culley from Alabama

Self-introduction:

My name is Kay C. and I live on a farm in the central piedmont area of Georgia. My daughter, Lawrence and I raise Nigerian Dwarf goats under the name of Yellow Rose Farm. I live in Spalding County, Georgia and am President of the Georgia Dairy Goat Breeders Association in 2009. Our GDGBA is committed to promoting the sale of raw goat milk in the state of Georgia and the United States. At this time, there is a very large group of people who are against the sale of raw milk, whether goat or cow, in the State. The Georgia House will be considering the sale of raw milk in the 2009 Legislature.

I am currently a raw milk consumer and a farmer.

Kay C.

yellowrosefarm@...

www.yellowrosefarm.comGet a free MP3 every day with the Spinner.com Toolbar. Get it Now.