RemedySpot.com

Quick question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Josh

It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to have a cast applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what will take place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast is applied you may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would also go on the internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare for that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if you can get the xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.

Darrell

Quick question

For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?ThanksJosh

Hi Josh,

My daughter and I just went to SLC for a first appointment two weeks ago. It was just a consultation and the entire appointment only lasted about an hour.

You will meet with the doctor and they will examine , try and make sure she is fed and happy if you can so the exam is easy for everyone! After that the took an xray (no waiting time we just walked down the hall and got the xray), we looked at it together they gave me the measurements and we agreed to come back when Violet is 10 months old to cast if her curve has not started to decrease on it's own. her cuver is about 27 degrees and her RVAD is "minimal" we have a chance that she will grow out of her scoliosis. anyway in our case the docs said they'd like to wait until she can sit up and crawl before we cast.

if you have more specific questions please send me an email, msjanet23@...

good luck!

Janet

Subject: Re: Quick questionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM

Josh

It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to have a cast applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what will take place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast is applied you may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would also go on the internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare for that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if you can get the xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.

Darrell

[infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question

For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?ThanksJosh

Thank you Janet for the information. This is what I am worried about though, I

know her

COBB angle is 30 degrees but no idea what her RAVD is. So I wonder if it will

just be self

resolving, and then I would have wasted every ones time.

I went to is PT today and man is great. She was so happy the

information I gave

her. She said for the past 25 years they have been using serial casting for a

club foot, and

it really has helped so many, so she said she never heard of this technique for

scoliosis,

but she is thankful for the information, so that she can tell other parents. She

also is going

to write the doc at SLC, not just about development, but about reflection and

deflection.

She also wants to know if gets the cast how she can help her, so she is

going to

include this question in her letter. She thinks that since ALex is not crawling

yet that she

will help her walk instead, but if she gets the cast after the cast said she

would help with mobility such as twisting and turning.

She says she can still help stretch her back to make it straight, and showed us

with her

hands how she thinks they might cast to help it become straight. She said she is

still flexible, and that she believes this is very important. So she is glade we

are doing this

early.

I also talked to pediatrician today. I gave her a copy of the article, and

she was

amazed by what she read. She was telling me she has never heard of this, and is

happy

that I am giving her information. She says that she wants to learn along with

us, so that

she can help other kids that may come to her with similar situation.

She also told me to go to my Ortho appointment this week at UNM, giving him the

same

information. She dose not think many people know about this, at that they should

be

informed. She thinks that this maybe helpfull and told me to call when we get

back around

the 26th to tell her how it wnet and to give her info.

Well thanks every one for your help,

Josh

>

>

> Subject: Re: Quick question

> To: infantile_scoliosis

> Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Josh

>  

> It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to

have a cast

applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what

will take

place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast

is applied you

may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would

also go on the

internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare

for

that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if

you can get the

xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with.

>  

>   Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.

>  

> Darrell

>

> [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question

>

>

>

> For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?

>

> Thanks

>

> Josh

>

Thank you Janet for the information. This is what I am worried about though, I

know her

COBB angle is 30 degrees but no idea what her RAVD is. So I wonder if it will

just be self

resolving, and then I would have wasted every ones time.

I went to is PT today and man is great. She was so happy the

information I gave

her. She said for the past 25 years they have been using serial casting for a

club foot, and

it really has helped so many, so she said she never heard of this technique for

scoliosis,

but she is thankful for the information, so that she can tell other parents. She

also is going

to write the doc at SLC, not just about development, but about reflection and

deflection.

She also wants to know if gets the cast how she can help her, so she is

going to

include this question in her letter. She thinks that since ALex is not crawling

yet that she

will help her walk instead, but if she gets the cast after the cast said she

would help with mobility such as twisting and turning.

She says she can still help stretch her back to make it straight, and showed us

with her

hands how she thinks they might cast to help it become straight. She said she is

still flexible, and that she believes this is very important. So she is glade we

are doing this

early.

I also talked to pediatrician today. I gave her a copy of the article, and

she was

amazed by what she read. She was telling me she has never heard of this, and is

happy

that I am giving her information. She says that she wants to learn along with

us, so that

she can help other kids that may come to her with similar situation.

She also told me to go to my Ortho appointment this week at UNM, giving him the

same

information. She dose not think many people know about this, at that they should

be

informed. She thinks that this maybe helpfull and told me to call when we get

back around

the 26th to tell her how it wnet and to give her info.

Well thanks every one for your help,

Josh

>

>

> Subject: Re: Quick question

> To: infantile_scoliosis

> Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Josh

>  

> It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to

have a cast

applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what

will take

place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast

is applied you

may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would

also go on the

internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare

for

that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if

you can get the

xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with.

>  

>   Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.

>  

> Darrell

>

> [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question

>

>

>

> For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?

>

> Thanks

>

> Josh

>

-

You are not wasting anyone's time by getting a medical opinion at SLC. I was in a similar circumstance, where my son's curve at 7months old was 19*, then 17* at 9 months old, then 23 degrees at 12 months old, then 30 degrees at 14 months old and at SLC they did a standing xray (different from all the supine, lying down xrays) that measured 47 degrees at 15 months old. He is now in a cast from SLC. This email is not to panic you, only to inform you, that every doctor measures differently and there is a 5 degree +/- in every measurement. Your daughter's curve very well may improve but please do not think that a measurement of 30 degrees is wasting a Dr.'s time, they will be please that you found it and are getting help! I agree with the other parents; when you go in for your appt. bring EVERYTHING that you have; xrays, copy of the MRI report, the actual MRI CD, any doctors notes, whatever you can

put together do. If you do not have....use this time before the appt. to start getting all of this medical information. I put together a "make shift medical chart" with Dr.'s notes from every MD office, and copies of xrays...etc. The MD found this information extremely helpful. Your family is in good hands. ~Krista

Subject: Re: Quick questionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:25 PM

Thank you Janet for the information. This is what I am worried about though, I know her COBB angle is 30 degrees but no idea what her RAVD is. So I wonder if it will just be self resolving, and then I would have wasted every ones time.I went to is PT today and man is great. She was so happy the information I gave her. She said for the past 25 years they have been using serial casting for a club foot, and it really has helped so many, so she said she never heard of this technique for scoliosis, but she is thankful for the information, so that she can tell other parents. She also is going to write the doc at SLC, not just about development, but about reflection and deflection. She also wants to know if gets the cast how she can help her, so she is going to include this question in her letter. She thinks that since ALex is not crawling yet that she will help her walk instead,

but if she gets the cast after the cast said she would help with mobility such as twisting and turning.She says she can still help stretch her back to make it straight, and showed us with her hands how she thinks they might cast to help it become straight. She said she is still flexible, and that she believes this is very important. So she is glade we are doing this early.I also talked to pediatrician today. I gave her a copy of the article, and she was amazed by what she read. She was telling me she has never heard of this, and is happy that I am giving her information. She says that she wants to learn along with us, so that she can help other kids that may come to her with similar situation. She also told me to go to my Ortho appointment this week at UNM, giving him the same information. She dose not think many people know about this, at that they should be informed. She thinks that this maybe

helpfull and told me to call when we get back around the 26th to tell her how it wnet and to give her info. Well thanks every one for your help,Josh> > > Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com> Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM> > > > > > > > Josh> > It depends on what your going

for is it just a consult or are you going to have a cast applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what will take place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast is applied you may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would also go on the internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare for that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if you can get the xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with. > > Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.> > Darrell> > [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question>

> > > For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?> > Thanks> > Josh>

-

You are not wasting anyone's time by getting a medical opinion at SLC. I was in a similar circumstance, where my son's curve at 7months old was 19*, then 17* at 9 months old, then 23 degrees at 12 months old, then 30 degrees at 14 months old and at SLC they did a standing xray (different from all the supine, lying down xrays) that measured 47 degrees at 15 months old. He is now in a cast from SLC. This email is not to panic you, only to inform you, that every doctor measures differently and there is a 5 degree +/- in every measurement. Your daughter's curve very well may improve but please do not think that a measurement of 30 degrees is wasting a Dr.'s time, they will be please that you found it and are getting help! I agree with the other parents; when you go in for your appt. bring EVERYTHING that you have; xrays, copy of the MRI report, the actual MRI CD, any doctors notes, whatever you can

put together do. If you do not have....use this time before the appt. to start getting all of this medical information. I put together a "make shift medical chart" with Dr.'s notes from every MD office, and copies of xrays...etc. The MD found this information extremely helpful. Your family is in good hands. ~Krista

Subject: Re: Quick questionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:25 PM

Thank you Janet for the information. This is what I am worried about though, I know her COBB angle is 30 degrees but no idea what her RAVD is. So I wonder if it will just be self resolving, and then I would have wasted every ones time.I went to is PT today and man is great. She was so happy the information I gave her. She said for the past 25 years they have been using serial casting for a club foot, and it really has helped so many, so she said she never heard of this technique for scoliosis, but she is thankful for the information, so that she can tell other parents. She also is going to write the doc at SLC, not just about development, but about reflection and deflection. She also wants to know if gets the cast how she can help her, so she is going to include this question in her letter. She thinks that since ALex is not crawling yet that she will help her walk instead,

but if she gets the cast after the cast said she would help with mobility such as twisting and turning.She says she can still help stretch her back to make it straight, and showed us with her hands how she thinks they might cast to help it become straight. She said she is still flexible, and that she believes this is very important. So she is glade we are doing this early.I also talked to pediatrician today. I gave her a copy of the article, and she was amazed by what she read. She was telling me she has never heard of this, and is happy that I am giving her information. She says that she wants to learn along with us, so that she can help other kids that may come to her with similar situation. She also told me to go to my Ortho appointment this week at UNM, giving him the same information. She dose not think many people know about this, at that they should be informed. She thinks that this maybe

helpfull and told me to call when we get back around the 26th to tell her how it wnet and to give her info. Well thanks every one for your help,Josh> > > Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com> Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM> > > > > > > > Josh> > It depends on what your going

for is it just a consult or are you going to have a cast applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what will take place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast is applied you may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would also go on the internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare for that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if you can get the xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with. > > Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.> > Darrell> > [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question>

> > > For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?> > Thanks> > Josh>

So a standing x-ray is better? When I went to go see a chiropractor here in town

they

asked if they had taken a standing x-ray, all they told me was that it gives

more

information. has a laying down x-ray, front to back. I have also heard that

laying

down x-rays due not fully show how bad a curve is, is this true? Due standing

x-rays not

only show more but also give a more real curve angle?

I am truing to get copy of her whole medical records, of every thing, including

her early

intervention paperwork. The cardio gave me all his paper work, and PT gave me a

recent

evale paperwork, plus she is typing her own note. Should I ask this from all my

docs?

Thanks for your faith and encouragement,

Josh

> >

> > From: Darrell McMow <dmcmow@>

> > Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question

> > To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com

> > Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Josh

> >  

> > It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to

have a cast

> applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what

will take

> place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a

cast is applied

you

> may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would

also go on the

> internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should

prepare for

> that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if

you can get the

> xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with.

> >  

> >   Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.

> >  

> > Darrell

> >

> > [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question

> >

> >

> >

> > For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it

take?

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > Josh

> >

>

So a standing x-ray is better? When I went to go see a chiropractor here in town

they

asked if they had taken a standing x-ray, all they told me was that it gives

more

information. has a laying down x-ray, front to back. I have also heard that

laying

down x-rays due not fully show how bad a curve is, is this true? Due standing

x-rays not

only show more but also give a more real curve angle?

I am truing to get copy of her whole medical records, of every thing, including

her early

intervention paperwork. The cardio gave me all his paper work, and PT gave me a

recent

evale paperwork, plus she is typing her own note. Should I ask this from all my

docs?

Thanks for your faith and encouragement,

Josh

> >

> > From: Darrell McMow <dmcmow@>

> > Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question

> > To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com

> > Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Josh

> >  

> > It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to

have a cast

> applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what

will take

> place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a

cast is applied

you

> may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would

also go on the

> internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should

prepare for

> that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if

you can get the

> xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with.

> >  

> >   Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.

> >  

> > Darrell

> >

> > [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question

> >

> >

> >

> > For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it

take?

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > Josh

> >

>

The xray that is best is: "age appropriate and most weight baring", that is from a radiologist at SLC. If you dtr is able to stand on her own, SLC most likely will want to view, if not...my son was lying down for most of the xrays until he was able to stand unassisted. As for your question about records. Any MD that my son had an appt with..after the appt. I called and asked for a copy of the medical records. After any xray, I either got a copy on a disc before I left the office or I got a disc mailed to me. Ancillary services like PT notes are probably helpful, but I know that MD notes would be most helpful. Hope I answered the ? if not email back. ~Krista

Subject: Re: Quick questionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 12:02 AM

So a standing x-ray is better? When I went to go see a chiropractor here in town they asked if they had taken a standing x-ray, all they told me was that it gives more information. has a laying down x-ray, front to back. I have also heard that laying down x-rays due not fully show how bad a curve is, is this true? Due standing x-rays not only show more but also give a more real curve angle? I am truing to get copy of her whole medical records, of every thing, including her early intervention paperwork. The cardio gave me all his paper work, and PT gave me a recent evale paperwork, plus she is typing her own note. Should I ask this from all my docs?Thanks for your faith and encouragement,Josh> > > > From: Darrell McMow <dmcmow@>> > Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> > To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com> > Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > Josh> > > > It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to have a cast > applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what will take > place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast is applied you > may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would also go on the > internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare for > that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if you can get the > xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with. > > > > Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.> > > > Darrell> > > > [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> > > > > > > > For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?> > > > Thanks> > > > Josh> >>

The xray that is best is: "age appropriate and most weight baring", that is from a radiologist at SLC. If you dtr is able to stand on her own, SLC most likely will want to view, if not...my son was lying down for most of the xrays until he was able to stand unassisted. As for your question about records. Any MD that my son had an appt with..after the appt. I called and asked for a copy of the medical records. After any xray, I either got a copy on a disc before I left the office or I got a disc mailed to me. Ancillary services like PT notes are probably helpful, but I know that MD notes would be most helpful. Hope I answered the ? if not email back. ~Krista

Subject: Re: Quick questionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 12:02 AM

So a standing x-ray is better? When I went to go see a chiropractor here in town they asked if they had taken a standing x-ray, all they told me was that it gives more information. has a laying down x-ray, front to back. I have also heard that laying down x-rays due not fully show how bad a curve is, is this true? Due standing x-rays not only show more but also give a more real curve angle? I am truing to get copy of her whole medical records, of every thing, including her early intervention paperwork. The cardio gave me all his paper work, and PT gave me a recent evale paperwork, plus she is typing her own note. Should I ask this from all my docs?Thanks for your faith and encouragement,Josh> > > > From: Darrell McMow <dmcmow@>> > Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> > To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com> > Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > Josh> > > > It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to have a cast > applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what will take > place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast is applied you > may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would also go on the > internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare for > that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if you can get the > xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with. > > > > Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.> > > > Darrell> > > > [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> > > > > > > > For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?> > > > Thanks> > > > Josh> >>

Hi Josh,

I would bring all his medical records from all the docs you have seen so far, comfy clothes if he's casted, mylicon drops if he's casted for gassiness.... Also, bring some Poise pads for diapering or diaper doublers to give added absorbency to diapers if he does get the cast.... Helps a lot to prevent leaks. And, of course, any favorite lovey!

Steph

Subject: Quick questionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:50 AM

Hi Josh,

I would bring all his medical records from all the docs you have seen so far, comfy clothes if he's casted, mylicon drops if he's casted for gassiness.... Also, bring some Poise pads for diapering or diaper doublers to give added absorbency to diapers if he does get the cast.... Helps a lot to prevent leaks. And, of course, any favorite lovey!

Steph

Subject: Quick questionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:50 AM

I would try to get all the medical info. that is available of your child.... Standing x-rays are always a bit worse due to the weight bearing nature of the body. Right now, Mehta docs are trying to come up with a standard for taking x-rays. In very small children, a supine or sitting x-ray may only be possible. As children age, your doc may request one of each, just the supine or just the standing.... If you have concerns or a preference, you should discuss them with your doc till you are comfortable.

Steph

So a standing x-ray is better? When I went to go see a chiropractor here in town they asked if they had taken a standing x-ray, all they told me was that it gives more information. has a laying down x-ray, front to back. I have also heard that laying down x-rays due not fully show how bad a curve is, is this true? Due standing x-rays not only show more but also give a more real curve angle? I am truing to get copy of her whole medical records, of every thing, including her early intervention paperwork. The cardio gave me all his paper work, and PT gave me a recent evale paperwork, plus she is typing her own note. Should I ask this from all my docs?Thanks for your faith and encouragement,Josh> > > > From: Darrell McMow <dmcmow@>> > Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> > To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com> > Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > Josh> > > > It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to have a cast > applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what will take > place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast is applied you > may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would also go on the > internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare for > that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if you can get the > xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with. > > > > Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.> > > > Darrell> > > > [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> > > > > > > > For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?> > > > Thanks> > > > Josh> >>

I would try to get all the medical info. that is available of your child.... Standing x-rays are always a bit worse due to the weight bearing nature of the body. Right now, Mehta docs are trying to come up with a standard for taking x-rays. In very small children, a supine or sitting x-ray may only be possible. As children age, your doc may request one of each, just the supine or just the standing.... If you have concerns or a preference, you should discuss them with your doc till you are comfortable.

Steph

So a standing x-ray is better? When I went to go see a chiropractor here in town they asked if they had taken a standing x-ray, all they told me was that it gives more information. has a laying down x-ray, front to back. I have also heard that laying down x-rays due not fully show how bad a curve is, is this true? Due standing x-rays not only show more but also give a more real curve angle? I am truing to get copy of her whole medical records, of every thing, including her early intervention paperwork. The cardio gave me all his paper work, and PT gave me a recent evale paperwork, plus she is typing her own note. Should I ask this from all my docs?Thanks for your faith and encouragement,Josh> > > > From: Darrell McMow <dmcmow@>> > Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> > To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com> > Date: Sunday, December 7, 2008, 11:31 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > Josh> > > > It depends on what your going for is it just a consult or are you going to have a cast > applied. I think if you talk to Angie in SLC she will help you understand what will take > place. If its for casting prepare yourself to be there a couple days. If a cast is applied you > may also want clothes that are a little bigger to fit over the cast. I would also go on the > internet and check out the weather it can get cold in SLC so you should prepare for > that. Also for the first visit I would bring all medical records and xrays if you can get the > xrays on a disc thats better and easier to travel with. > > > > Good luck and I hope all goes well for your little one.> > > > Darrell> > > > [infantile_scoliosi s] Quick question> > > > > > > > For my baby first consultation what should I bring? And how long dose it take?> > > > Thanks> > > > Josh> >>