RemedySpot.com

Re: Right Where You Stand

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ah ...I loved this so very, very much. Thank you beloved Sister-mine and ours for sharing this with us. It (this article - particularly the top portion) again, strongly supports my assertion of how often we as individual humans are challenged to look beyond the surface of another human into the true soul of them; to recognize that each and every one of us holds within us special, unique and undeniably beautiful gifts as well as the potential to be so much more than is easily seen on the surface of our beings or existences. To me, it is the innocent ones who truly hold wisdom to such a degree, in my deeply humbled eyes, as to be the closest to "empiric" truth in their offerings issued without guile or agenda; be they children, the very elderly (who revert

often to a child-like state at the end of life's cycle) and those who have mental challenges. In my view, it is they who set the bar highest for me (us all?) to find true growth for within the gift of innocence lies the seed for joy born of enchantment and wonderment with all that transpires; from eating to a simple walk to a cloud formation. *soft smile* Thank you a thousand times over for this venerable and touching offering. :: humble bow of honor and respect born of Gratitude and Love for you :: Love always,~Ali~ <ASundayInJune@...> wrote: Right Where You Stand by Alan Cohen I saw an inspiring video about a young man with Downs Syndrome who worked as a bagger in a supermarket. In addition to enjoying connecting with customers, wanted to contribute to their day. So he wrote down his favorite inspiring quotations, had them photocopied and each day he slipped a different quote in each customer's bag as they were checking out. After a while the supermarket manager noticed that the line for checkout at 's station was three times the length of the other lines. The manager dispatched more clerks to equalize the lines, but the customers in 's line refused to move. They wanted their daily quote. (Some of them came into the store daily just to get it.) In a world that is become increasingly dehumanized,

people are craving connection. As technology has reduced most business interactions to digital blips, the human contact element is becoming more crucial. I predict that the businesses that offer humanity as well as technology will be on the leading edge of service and success. For example, I recently phoned a computer business to order a part. I was greeted by a typical "all of our agents are busy" message, but then this message took a (welcome) left turn. A pleasant voice added, "So why not take a deep breath and relax and we'll be with you shortly." I was delighted to hear this human note in a highly technical arena. I, for one, will phone that company again. The most powerful spirituality is to bring light to the world right where you stand. My friends Sylvan and Suzie Schwab direct the East Maui Animal Refuge, a sanctuary for injured and unwanted animals. The refuge houses about 600 critters, cats, dogs,

deer, geese, pigs, birds, you name it. The Schwabs and their volunteer staff are up before dawn and work until dusk feeding, medicating, bandaging and loving their honored animal guests. When a local magazine interviewed Sylvan, the reporter concluded that Sylvan was something of a saint and told him that he would surely go to heaven when he dies. Sylvan's response: "I don't need to wait until I die to go to heaven. I am already there." I used to venerate yogis and saints who sat on mountaintops and meditated for world peace. I still do. But now I also venerate those who transform the world from within it. If you are searching for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, look again – you may be sitting in it. I have been doing a new and deeper work with my coaching clients, based on looking within for the stuff that you are chasing without. For example, I was working with a woman who requested guidance

to help her manifest her dream home. When I invited her to tell me about it, she drew this picture: "It's on a high hill surrounded by tall trees, with a broad ocean view." "Great," I affirmed. "Now please tell me what is the primary feeling that the house gives you?" "Security," she answered. "Having that house would help me feel secure." "And the trees?" "Trees represent growth and expansion to me." "What is the feeling of being on a hill?" "Perspective" "And what does seeing the ocean tap you into?" "Depth," she answered resolutely. "So it's not the house on the hill you are seeking, but security, growth, perspective and depth. "Maybe so." "And if you could feel all those good things without having the house, would you still need the house?" "Maybe not." I was not trying to talk my client out of her dream house; indeed I would be

thrilled to know that she manifested it. I just wanted to point out to her that while she seems to be on an outer journey to collect these goodies, she is really on an inner journey. I told her that if she could get the feelings of security, growth, perspective and depth right where she stands, two things would likely happen: (1) she would feel fabulous; and (2) the house on the hill would likely come quickly and effortlessly. That's the power of claiming your good rather than struggling for it. You cannot personally transform the entire world. But you can transform your portion of it. Connect with yourself, spirit and others right where you stand and the rest will take care of itself. Then people will be lined up for your station and the quotes you drop into their bags will be made not of paper, but gold. Alan Cohen is the author of many popular inspirational books, including "The Dragon Doesn't Live Here

Anymore" and "Relax into Wealth." Join Alan next March 9-15 in Maui for a life-changing Mastery Training. For information on this program or others or to receive Alan's free daily inspirational quote and monthly newsletter, visitwww.alancohen.com, email infoalancohen or phone (800) 568-3079. Much love to you, http://www.myspace.com/rarebreeze http://www.myspace.com/asundayinjune http://www.myspace.com/dnjazz http://www.intentionalone.com http://intentionalone.com/yabb/YaBB.pl *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ "Breathe deep, walk slow, hold tight to those you love, for

the sun is setting and it will be over so fast." -- Ken Pierpont

Thank you so much for posting this little "blurb"! I'm not familiar with Alan Cohen, his writings or his teachings... but i really like what you presented here for us! =)

I wanted to share some of my comments and feelings as i read this... there seems to be a lot of wisdom here that really spoke to me. Firstly how we can so easily get so overwhelmed with the enormity of the lives we live these days that i for one forget how much can be accomplished by the simple little things... a daily quote in a bag of groceries. AND what impact those simple little things really can and do have upon outhers and the world. We feel them when they are given and we like what we feel but so often i think we forget to put thought into the effortless ways that we can give and provide for outhers. I really needed to be reminded of that!!

In addition the part of the article that reveals what the client is really seeking in the large hill top home made me cry... very touching. I'm going to practice that exercise with the things i am seeking currently in my life and see what i come up with... i have a feeling it will only make me cry more but in a healing way and in a revealing way. This section made the point to me how the world as we know it these days is soo amazingly disconnected from itself that even when we have a fundamental need that is not being met we somehow lack the ability to identify it appropriately... no wonder we are constantly striving and pushing and working for more... maybe if we identify what it is we are REALLY after in the first place we could conquer it and and slow our lives down and struggle less and have more.

Just my two cents for what it's worth...

Love for you and Thank You so much for giving me these words of insight!

Jus me ~ C

>> Right Where You Stand> by Alan Cohen> > I saw an inspiring video about a young man with Downs Syndrome who> worked as a bagger in a supermarket. In addition to enjoying> connecting with customers, wanted to contribute to their day.> So he wrote down his favorite inspiring quotations, had them> photocopied and each day he slipped a different quote in each> customer's bag as they were checking out.> > After a while the supermarket manager noticed that the line for> checkout at 's station was three times the length of the other> lines. The manager dispatched more clerks to equalize the lines, but> the customers in 's line refused to move. They wanted their> daily quote. (Some of them came into the store daily just to get it.)> > In a world that is become increasingly dehumanized, people are craving> connection. As technology has reduced most business interactions to> digital blips, the human contact element is becoming more crucial. I> predict that the businesses that offer humanity as well as technology> will be on the leading edge of service and success. For example, I> recently phoned a computer business to order a part. I was greeted by> a typical "all of our agents are busy" message, but then this message> took a (welcome) left turn. A pleasant voice added, "So why not take a> deep breath and relax and we'll be with you shortly." I was delighted> to hear this human note in a highly technical arena. I, for one, will> phone that company again.> > The most powerful spirituality is to bring light to the world right> where you stand. My friends Sylvan and Suzie Schwab direct the East> Maui Animal Refuge, a sanctuary for injured and unwanted animals. The> refuge houses about 600 critters, cats, dogs, deer, geese, pigs,> birds, you name it. The Schwabs and their volunteer staff are up> before dawn and work until dusk feeding, medicating, bandaging and> loving their honored animal guests. When a local magazine interviewed> Sylvan, the reporter concluded that Sylvan was something of a saint> and told him that he would surely go to heaven when he dies. Sylvan's> response: "I don't need to wait until I die to go to heaven. I am> already there."> > I used to venerate yogis and saints who sat on mountaintops and> meditated for world peace. I still do. But now I also venerate those> who transform the world from within it. If you are searching for the> pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, look again – you may be sitting> in it.> > I have been doing a new and deeper work with my coaching clients,> based on looking within for the stuff that you are chasing without.> For example, I was working with a woman who requested guidance to help> her manifest her dream home. When I invited her to tell me about it,> she drew this picture: "It's on a high hill surrounded by tall trees,> with a broad ocean view."> > "Great," I affirmed. "Now please tell me what is the primary feeling> that the house gives you?"> > "Security," she answered. "Having that house would help me feel secure."> > "And the trees?"> "Trees represent growth and expansion to me."> > "What is the feeling of being on a hill?"> > "Perspective"> "And what does seeing the ocean tap you into?"> > "Depth," she answered resolutely.> > "So it's not the house on the hill you are seeking, but security,> growth, perspective and depth.> > "Maybe so."> > "And if you could feel all those good things without having the house,> would you still need the house?"> > "Maybe not."> > I was not trying to talk my client out of her dream house; indeed I> would be thrilled to know that she manifested it. I just wanted to> point out to her that while she seems to be on an outer journey to> collect these goodies, she is really on an inner journey. I told her> that if she could get the feelings of security, growth, perspective> and depth right where she stands, two things would likely happen: (1)> she would feel fabulous; and (2) the house on the hill would likely> come quickly and effortlessly. That's the power of claiming your good> rather than struggling for it.> > You cannot personally transform the entire world. But you can> transform your portion of it. Connect with yourself, spirit and others> right where you stand and the rest will take care of itself. Then> people will be lined up for your station and the quotes you drop into> their bags will be made not of paper, but gold.> > > Alan Cohen is the author of many popular inspirational books,> including "The Dragon Doesn't Live Here Anymore" and "Relax into> Wealth." Join Alan next March 9-15 in Maui for a life-changing Mastery> Training. For information on this program or others or to receive> Alan's free daily inspirational quote and monthly newsletter,> visitwww.alancohen.com, email info@... or phone (800) 568-3079.> > Much love to you,> > > http://www.myspace.com/rarebreeze> http://www.myspace.com/asundayinjune> http://www.myspace.com/dnjazz> http://www.intentionalone.com> http://intentionalone.com/yabb/YaBB.pl> > *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~> "Breathe deep, walk slow, hold tight to those you love, for the sun is> setting and it will be over so fast." > -- Ken Pierpont>

Thank you so much for posting this little "blurb"! I'm not familiar with Alan Cohen, his writings or his teachings... but i really like what you presented here for us! =)

I wanted to share some of my comments and feelings as i read this... there seems to be a lot of wisdom here that really spoke to me. Firstly how we can so easily get so overwhelmed with the enormity of the lives we live these days that i for one forget how much can be accomplished by the simple little things... a daily quote in a bag of groceries. AND what impact those simple little things really can and do have upon outhers and the world. We feel them when they are given and we like what we feel but so often i think we forget to put thought into the effortless ways that we can give and provide for outhers. I really needed to be reminded of that!!

In addition the part of the article that reveals what the client is really seeking in the large hill top home made me cry... very touching. I'm going to practice that exercise with the things i am seeking currently in my life and see what i come up with... i have a feeling it will only make me cry more but in a healing way and in a revealing way. This section made the point to me how the world as we know it these days is soo amazingly disconnected from itself that even when we have a fundamental need that is not being met we somehow lack the ability to identify it appropriately... no wonder we are constantly striving and pushing and working for more... maybe if we identify what it is we are REALLY after in the first place we could conquer it and and slow our lives down and struggle less and have more.

Just my two cents for what it's worth...

Love for you and Thank You so much for giving me these words of insight!

Jus me ~ C

>> Right Where You Stand> by Alan Cohen> > I saw an inspiring video about a young man with Downs Syndrome who> worked as a bagger in a supermarket. In addition to enjoying> connecting with customers, wanted to contribute to their day.> So he wrote down his favorite inspiring quotations, had them> photocopied and each day he slipped a different quote in each> customer's bag as they were checking out.> > After a while the supermarket manager noticed that the line for> checkout at 's station was three times the length of the other> lines. The manager dispatched more clerks to equalize the lines, but> the customers in 's line refused to move. They wanted their> daily quote. (Some of them came into the store daily just to get it.)> > In a world that is become increasingly dehumanized, people are craving> connection. As technology has reduced most business interactions to> digital blips, the human contact element is becoming more crucial. I> predict that the businesses that offer humanity as well as technology> will be on the leading edge of service and success. For example, I> recently phoned a computer business to order a part. I was greeted by> a typical "all of our agents are busy" message, but then this message> took a (welcome) left turn. A pleasant voice added, "So why not take a> deep breath and relax and we'll be with you shortly." I was delighted> to hear this human note in a highly technical arena. I, for one, will> phone that company again.> > The most powerful spirituality is to bring light to the world right> where you stand. My friends Sylvan and Suzie Schwab direct the East> Maui Animal Refuge, a sanctuary for injured and unwanted animals. The> refuge houses about 600 critters, cats, dogs, deer, geese, pigs,> birds, you name it. The Schwabs and their volunteer staff are up> before dawn and work until dusk feeding, medicating, bandaging and> loving their honored animal guests. When a local magazine interviewed> Sylvan, the reporter concluded that Sylvan was something of a saint> and told him that he would surely go to heaven when he dies. Sylvan's> response: "I don't need to wait until I die to go to heaven. I am> already there."> > I used to venerate yogis and saints who sat on mountaintops and> meditated for world peace. I still do. But now I also venerate those> who transform the world from within it. If you are searching for the> pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, look again – you may be sitting> in it.> > I have been doing a new and deeper work with my coaching clients,> based on looking within for the stuff that you are chasing without.> For example, I was working with a woman who requested guidance to help> her manifest her dream home. When I invited her to tell me about it,> she drew this picture: "It's on a high hill surrounded by tall trees,> with a broad ocean view."> > "Great," I affirmed. "Now please tell me what is the primary feeling> that the house gives you?"> > "Security," she answered. "Having that house would help me feel secure."> > "And the trees?"> "Trees represent growth and expansion to me."> > "What is the feeling of being on a hill?"> > "Perspective"> "And what does seeing the ocean tap you into?"> > "Depth," she answered resolutely.> > "So it's not the house on the hill you are seeking, but security,> growth, perspective and depth.> > "Maybe so."> > "And if you could feel all those good things without having the house,> would you still need the house?"> > "Maybe not."> > I was not trying to talk my client out of her dream house; indeed I> would be thrilled to know that she manifested it. I just wanted to> point out to her that while she seems to be on an outer journey to> collect these goodies, she is really on an inner journey. I told her> that if she could get the feelings of security, growth, perspective> and depth right where she stands, two things would likely happen: (1)> she would feel fabulous; and (2) the house on the hill would likely> come quickly and effortlessly. That's the power of claiming your good> rather than struggling for it.> > You cannot personally transform the entire world. But you can> transform your portion of it. Connect with yourself, spirit and others> right where you stand and the rest will take care of itself. Then> people will be lined up for your station and the quotes you drop into> their bags will be made not of paper, but gold.> > > Alan Cohen is the author of many popular inspirational books,> including "The Dragon Doesn't Live Here Anymore" and "Relax into> Wealth." Join Alan next March 9-15 in Maui for a life-changing Mastery> Training. For information on this program or others or to receive> Alan's free daily inspirational quote and monthly newsletter,> visitwww.alancohen.com, email info@... or phone (800) 568-3079.> > Much love to you,> > > http://www.myspace.com/rarebreeze> http://www.myspace.com/asundayinjune> http://www.myspace.com/dnjazz> http://www.intentionalone.com> http://intentionalone.com/yabb/YaBB.pl> > *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~> "Breathe deep, walk slow, hold tight to those you love, for the sun is> setting and it will be over so fast." > -- Ken Pierpont>

Dear ,

How I loved this post for I am right there with you dear. The

world has been overwraught with technology that we forget those

wonderful " Random Acts of Kindness " *wide grin*. I loved the part

where you shared your feelings on the young man in the video and how

there was a very peaceful voice, even if it was not a " live " person

at the moment, it made you feel great and even better, it made me

feel happy that there is hope for us humans, hehe Thank you again,

my dear! Namaste, LUNA

--- In , " " <ASundayInJune@...>

wrote:

>

> Right Where You Stand

> by Alan Cohen

>

> I saw an inspiring video about a young man with Downs Syndrome who

> worked as a bagger in a supermarket. In addition to enjoying

> connecting with customers, wanted to contribute to their

day.

> So he wrote down his favorite inspiring quotations, had them

> photocopied and each day he slipped a different quote in each

> customer's bag as they were checking out.

>

> After a while the supermarket manager noticed that the line for

> checkout at 's station was three times the length of the

other

> lines. The manager dispatched more clerks to equalize the lines, but

> the customers in 's line refused to move. They wanted their

> daily quote. (Some of them came into the store daily just to get

it.)

>

> In a world that is become increasingly dehumanized, people are

craving

> connection. As technology has reduced most business interactions to

> digital blips, the human contact element is becoming more crucial. I

> predict that the businesses that offer humanity as well as

technology

> will be on the leading edge of service and success. For example, I

> recently phoned a computer business to order a part. I was greeted

by

> a typical " all of our agents are busy " message, but then this

> took a (welcome) left turn. A pleasant voice added, " So why not

take a

> deep breath and relax and we'll be with you shortly. " I was

delighted

> to hear this human note in a highly technical arena. I, for one,

will

> phone that company again.

>

> The most powerful spirituality is to bring light to the world right

> where you stand. My friends Sylvan and Suzie Schwab direct the East

> Maui Animal Refuge, a sanctuary for injured and unwanted animals.

The

> refuge houses about 600 critters, cats, dogs, deer, geese, pigs,

> birds, you name it. The Schwabs and their volunteer staff are up

> before dawn and work until dusk feeding, medicating, bandaging and

> loving their honored animal guests. When a local magazine

interviewed

> Sylvan, the reporter concluded that Sylvan was something of a saint

> and told him that he would surely go to heaven when he dies.

Sylvan's

> response: " I don't need to wait until I die to go to heaven. I am

> already there. "

>

> I used to venerate yogis and saints who sat on mountaintops and

> meditated for world peace. I still do. But now I also venerate those

> who transform the world from within it. If you are searching for the

> pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, look again – you may be

sitting

> in it.

>

> I have been doing a new and deeper work with my coaching clients,

> based on looking within for the stuff that you are chasing without.

> For example, I was working with a woman who requested guidance to

help

> her manifest her dream home. When I invited her to tell me about it,

> she drew this picture: " It's on a high hill surrounded by tall

trees,

> with a broad ocean view. "

>

> " Great, " I affirmed. " Now please tell me what is the primary feeling

> that the house gives you? "

>

> " Security, " she answered. " Having that house would help me feel

secure. "

>

> " And the trees? "

> " Trees represent growth and expansion to me. "

>

> " What is the feeling of being on a hill? "

>

> " Perspective "

> " And what does seeing the ocean tap you into? "

>

> " Depth, " she answered resolutely.

>

> " So it's not the house on the hill you are seeking, but security,

> growth, perspective and depth.

>

> " Maybe so. "

>

> " And if you could feel all those good things without having the

house,

> would you still need the house? "

>

> " Maybe not. "

>

> I was not trying to talk my client out of her dream house; indeed I

> would be thrilled to know that she manifested it. I just wanted to

> point out to her that while she seems to be on an outer journey to

> collect these goodies, she is really on an inner journey. I told her

> that if she could get the feelings of security, growth, perspective

> and depth right where she stands, two things would likely happen:

(1)

> she would feel fabulous; and (2) the house on the hill would likely

> come quickly and effortlessly. That's the power of claiming your

good

> rather than struggling for it.

>

> You cannot personally transform the entire world. But you can

> transform your portion of it. Connect with yourself, spirit and

others

> right where you stand and the rest will take care of itself. Then

> people will be lined up for your station and the quotes you drop

into

> their bags will be made not of paper, but gold.

>

>

> Alan Cohen is the author of many popular inspirational books,

> including " The Dragon Doesn't Live Here Anymore " and " Relax into

> Wealth. " Join Alan next March 9-15 in Maui for a life-changing

Mastery

> Training. For information on this program or others or to receive

> Alan's free daily inspirational quote and monthly newsletter,

> visitwww.alancohen.com, email info@... or phone (800) 568-3079.

>

> Much love to you,

>

>

> http://www.myspace.com/rarebreeze

> http://www.myspace.com/asundayinjune

> http://www.myspace.com/dnjazz

> http://www.intentionalone.com

> http://intentionalone.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

>

> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

> " Breathe deep, walk slow, hold tight to those you love, for the sun