RemedySpot.com

Re: skating LATE reply due to the stomach flu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I forgot about the skating at the Silverdome! I don't think I ever got a chance to go. Rollerblading is a great workout, but so is any kind of skating I think. The one or two times I bladed though it did feel like I was working harder than on roller skates. I found some on freecycle just as it was getting really cold so I haven't used them yet. They're a little big on me too so I'll have to wear big socks with them. Hopefully they'll work!

skating LATE reply due to the stomach flu

I took a couple of skating lessons as well but I was never very good. Someday I would like to take more lessons at a rink near my home and I would like to get some roller blades. Remember when they used to have rollerblading at the Silverdome? I went there a couple of times and had fun but I need my own skates (roller blades) to really improve. Rollerblading is suppose to be a great workout. I also ice skated outside near my home. Actually it was at the bottom of a sledding hill. One side was for sledding the other for ice skating, it was a lot of fun. Jen> Oh! Ice skating is a TOUGH workout! Are you going to a rink or is> there a place outside near you where you can do it? I've never done> it outside, only at a rink, but I'd love to try it outside someday.> Please report in!hi pinky! so sorry for this late reply... we did go skating as a family a week ago (on friday the 5th).it was ok, despite both dh and i not being on ice skates for, oh, 35 years!this was skating in an indoor rink... i like the indoor rink better than an outdoor one because the indoor rink has sides that you can hang on to, or smash in to, etc... lolanyway, dh gets his skates on, hops on the ice and skates around like he last did it yesterday... .grrrr!i started out very rusty, clung to the sides for about 5 times around. then i found that it was coming back to me and i could skate on my own and i eventually got going really well !! i made it for 45 mins, and then, well, i guess that i got too over-confident, or i lost my concentration, i dont really know what happened... but i took a bad fall :( i actually hit the back of my head on the ice and i was out of commission for three days with a headache and a really sore neck and shoulders (normally these are sore spots for me, but i was surprised that my neck muscles hurt so much, and all around the front of my neck as well as the back). it seems that the extra padding that i have on my butt saved that area from injury.oh well... im all recovered now, but i will definitely skate alot slower and stick close to the walls from here on out! im kind of scared of falling again and really messing myself up. hopefully by the end of the winter, i will be good on my skates again.:*carolyn.