RemedySpot.com

Tonya RE How'd we Do on Goals for 2008; New Goals for 2009

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Tonya, I looked and I didn't write down any goals for 2008. I did however write down goals for 2007 and achieved my biggest goal (in a while, that is,) which was to get my state interpreting license. I ended up getting the highest state license so I was VERY happy about that! I will definitely write/type goals for this year along with how I plan to achieve them. Doing that helps me and Chalene recommends doing that in her motivation cd but she recommends handwriting them with pencil...but I'm going to type mine up and post them where I will see them EVERYDAY. JenSubject: How'd we Do on Goals for 2008; New Goals for 2009To: exercisevideos , CatheFans Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 12:24 PM

Are we getting close to finishing our 2008 goals? I just had to look since we just have a couple weeks left to finish these up. Here is where I am so far and what I think I'll actually get done this year.--Bench Press 200 pounds by December 31, 2008 Not sure if I can get to this, but I'm going to rededicate my training to trying. I probably won't get to 200 because I've had to take some time off from exercise, but I'm working on getting to at least 150.--Fit comfortably in my size 6 pants. I'm not there yet, but if I focus really hard on my training this next couple of weeks, I should make it.--Improve my Sit & Reach flexibility score by 5 inches. Haven't really focused on this as much as I had planned. Not sure I can improve that much in the 2 weeks we have left of the year.--Improve my heart rate score on the step test to between 100 and 115 beats. Haven't retested it this year so I'm not sure where I am right now. I'm going to hold out until the 31st to do the test to see where I am.--Do all of my exercise videos at least once in 2008. I'm getting close. I think I can, I think I can! LOL--Complete my Bachelors in Athletic Training/Sports Medicine (This is actually a long term goal to be completed in 2011. The part of it that is for 2008 is to complete my transfer to a college here and complete my Associates by Spring 2009.) **Revised to completing the bachelors in 2013 and the associates to Fall 2009 because of delays in getting started back and finding out the extra classes I'll have to retake since they didn't transfer.** This one got changed a couple of times this year. Did get the transfer done and I will have my associates in Spring 2009. Bachelors will be in Spring 2012.--Sell and Maintain 300 gym memberships by December 31, 2008. Well, the owners of the gym shut it down, so that one is completely out of the water.--Volunteer at Physical Therapy Program. Not going to happen this year. I'm in talks with the hospital to volunteer there, but it will all depend on how swamped I get with school.--Pay off my Jeep. **Revised to get rid of my old Jeep and get a new (not new new, but new to me) Jeep since I was having some problems with the old one (2 wrecks in 2007). This is actually completed!** Revised again to pay off the new Jeep.** This will be done by the end of December. --Pay off bank loans. This will be done by the end of December. --Find and purchase land. (This is for a future goal of custom building a house.) **Revised to buy a house because we found one we liked and could afford now. So this goal is completed too!** Done!

Not too bad, but I wish I had been able to finish them all.

Has anyone else set their goals for 2009 yet? As you know, I don't do resolutions but I set long term goals, so here are mine for 2009.

12% body fat

Bench Press 200 pounds

Improve cardiovascular endurance to below 100 bpm on 3 minute step test

Improve flexibility to 30+ inches on sit and reach test

Finish Associates Degree in Allied Health/Sports Medicine

Begin Bachelors Degree in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training

Complete pay off of all vehicles / Buy new car so I can give my Jeep to DH and DH's car to DS

Complete home remodel (master bath, new floors, ac, outside paint and landscaping)

Build gym out back

What are your goals?

Tonya