RemedySpot.com

Re: Need an autism friendly place to get professional photos taken.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

She offering Santa specials here at my studio November 22nd from 10-4. 20% of the proceeds will be donated to the Joy Ministry at Graceview .

Please give her a call if you would like to schedule a session with Santa.

Thank you!

Popiel Photographywww.laurapopielphotography.com

Subject: Need an autism friendly place to get professional photos taken.To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 10:31 PM

Does anyone know of a place that will work well with children with autism in taking prof. photos? Getting my 4 year old to cooperate and look at the camera takes some pretty special skills. Are there any places in the DFW area that are used to working with our kids and will take the time to do so?

Try The Picture People. I know my son (age 5)went to one in Dallas (not

sure which mall) when he was visiting relatives. I was shocked at the

way they came out because they are not used to dealing with him and I

usually have to be around for him to take good pictures. I love this

place..I've been to various locations and have always been pleased.

Remember to tell them the situation when you make the appointment..they

have a big bag of tricks(bubble machines etc)to get their attention.

Good luck!

>

I went there last week for our pictures, and they were wonderful. As a said, explain the situation when you make the appointment, try to go when is less crowded. They are very patient and the pictures came out really good. For the first time in 4 years we got 2 beautiful smiles from my daughter.Try The Picture People. I know my son (age 5)went to one in Dallas (not sure which mall) when he was visiting relatives. I was shocked at the way they came out because they are not used to dealing with him and I usually have to be around for him to take good pictures. I love this place..I've been to various locations and have always been pleased. Remember to tell them the situation when you make the appointment..they have a big bag of tricks(bubble machines etc)to get their attention. Good luck!>

you can also try portrait innovations... we just went this past sunday. i just tell them no screaming or yelling, don't hollar out his name, get ready to shoot & i'll do the rest. i'll post the new pictures under nolan's photo album so you can a few.

Subject: Re: Need an autism friendly place to get professional photos taken.To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 2:48 AM

Try The Picture People. I know my son (age 5)went to one in Dallas (not sure which mall) when he was visiting relatives. I was shocked at the way they came out because they are not used to dealing with him and I usually have to be around for him to take good pictures. I love this place..I've been to various locations and have always been pleased. Remember to tell them the situation when you make the appointment. .they have a big bag of tricks(bubble machines etc)to get their attention. Good luck!>

Meeker Photographers in Sugarland does an outstanding job!

One of the coordinators has a child on the spectrum. They are also

hosting a Holiday Market to benefit Autism on December 6.