RemedySpot.com

Re: here at SLC with Q about cast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I wanted to fire off a quick response...I can give a more in depth one later....but as for the tummy hole... this was an issue for Jack (15months) as well. I found that using Mylicon drops after a meal helped. I found that he was not nearly as fussy. I was informed that the rib flaps are important to prevent rib deformities. They do sort of start to soften up and become easier to bend if you truly feel that they are too tight. Good luck and hang in. ~Krista

Subject: here at SLC with Q about castTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 3:36 AM

hi everyone - for those with experience, can you give me advise aboutthe tummy hole. has been pretty fussy today with his firstcast from SLC (cast #4 total), and we're trimming/petaling ittomorrow. We got good numbers and are so encouraged with the success- the staff is great! But, I'm here wondering if I should ask aboutexpanding the tummy hole if possible, as almost vomitted afterhaving the hiccups. The hiccups were very uncomfortable for him as hecries if upright. Definitely more reflux issues. Any feedback? Ohalso, he's still not crawling well...crying from discomfort quitefrequently. I'm assuming this is all normal...he' ll get used toit...and thankful for the great cast! But, any advice on how tohandle this would be helpful, esp. while I"m still here.Thank you!, mom to , age 2

Hi ,I would talk with the doctor tomorrow when he is looking at the cast and ask if he thinks the tummy hole should be expanded.Keira's tummy protrudes out in the cast especially when she eats.Hang in there and I am glad you got some good numbers!!LizSubject: here at SLC with Q about castTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 7:36 PM

hi everyone - for those with experience, can you give me advise about

the tummy hole. has been pretty fussy today with his first

cast from SLC (cast #4 total), and we're trimming/petaling it

tomorrow. We got good numbers and are so encouraged with the success

- the staff is great! But, I'm here wondering if I should ask about

expanding the tummy hole if possible, as almost vomitted after

having the hiccups. The hiccups were very uncomfortable for him as he

cries if upright. Definitely more reflux issues. Any feedback? Oh

also, he's still not crawling well...crying from discomfort quite

frequently. I'm assuming this is all normal...he' ll get used to

it...and thankful for the great cast! But, any advice on how to

handle this would be helpful, esp. while I"m still here.

Thank you!

, mom to , age 2

Yes, definately make sure the jacket is trimmed completely, before you

begin traveling home. Ask the surgeon if the chest expansion window

(mushroom shaped w/ rib flaps) & tummy hole can be more widely trimmed

without

effecting the integrity of the jacket. Also, ask about the hole in the

concavity in the back of the cast. If its not there, ask if the back

window would benefit in helping to correct s rotation and give a

little more comfort...Also, make sure the jacket is trimmed properly at

the bottom (in front),so he can travel, crawl & sit properly.

Hope all goes well today. Give us an update when you can.

HRH

> hi everyone - for those with experience, can you give me advise about

> the tummy hole. has been pretty fussy today with his first

> cast from SLC (cast #4 total), and we're trimming/petaling it

> tomorrow. We got good numbers and are so encouraged with the success

> - the staff is great! But, I'm here wondering if I should ask about

> expanding the tummy hole if possible, as almost vomitted after

> having the hiccups. The hiccups were very uncomfortable for him as he

> cries if upright. Definitely more reflux issues. Any feedback? Oh

> also, he's still not crawling well...crying from discomfort quite

> frequently. I'm assuming this is all normal...he'll get used to

> it...and thankful for the great cast! But, any advice on how to

> handle this would be helpful, esp. while I " m still here.

>

> Thank you!

> , mom to , age 2

>

>

Noelle has reflux too, and her doc made the stomach opening as wide and big as he possibly could.... She still had 3 days of gagging and making throw up noises occassionally until she adjusted. Good luck!! Steph

Subject: here at SLC with Q about castTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 3:36 AM

hi everyone - for those with experience, can you give me advise aboutthe tummy hole. has been pretty fussy today with his firstcast from SLC (cast #4 total), and we're trimming/petaling ittomorrow. We got good numbers and are so encouraged with the success- the staff is great! But, I'm here wondering if I should ask aboutexpanding the tummy hole if possible, as almost vomitted afterhaving the hiccups. The hiccups were very uncomfortable for him as hecries if upright. Definitely more reflux issues. Any feedback? Ohalso, he's still not crawling well...crying from discomfort quitefrequently. I'm assuming this is all normal...he' ll get used toit...and thankful for the great cast! But, any advice on how tohandle this would be helpful, esp. while I"m still here.Thank you!, mom to , age 2

Noelle has reflux too, and her doc made the stomach opening as wide and big as he possibly could.... She still had 3 days of gagging and making throw up noises occassionally until she adjusted. Good luck!! Steph