RemedySpot.com

Re: Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Josh,Welcome! Our daughter is currently being casted in SLC. If you go to the CAST webpage there is a list under database that listed Mehta trained doctors. On that list is the number for the Care Coordinator, Angie Livingston for SLC. I would contact her and tell her you are interested in casting and she can fill you in on what materials to submit so the doctor and evaluate your daughter and if she is a candidate for casting. Don't call the 800 number for Shriners as they will tell you to apply to your local Shriners and this can take months, time you don't want to waste.If you can't locate the info for Angie, send me a message off the group, at c-morrison@... and I can give you the info directly. I am also happy to talk with you about SLC if you would like.Good luck,Liz---b On Thcu, 12/4/08, g

wrote:Subject: HelloTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 11:58 AM

Hi my Name is Josh,

My baby, , is 14 months. I think she has had her curve since she was at least 6 months.

Her PT person she see, , saw it at 9 months when we starting to see her. I asked her Pediatrician to see ortho, but she told me that baby was fine and not to worry. SO we waited, finally her heart doc told us to go to nero, and then pediatrician gave a referral. Nero sent us

for back x ray and mri, mri clear, back at 30 degrees. I feel like I have lost so much time, and

reading about casting, it seems that I should go see a doc that can do it right away, the only

problem is that I am in New Mexico and have no idea what to do. I have heard Shiners in Salt

Lake City is the place to go, no idea if this is right or not. I relay want get her help, but do not

know how. ANy help I would appreciated it.

Thanks

Josh

Josh- My son, Jack is also being treated at SLC. Liz is correct, your next move is to call Angie Livingston, she is the care coordinator for SLC. She can help you with the application process and getting an appointment. If you are not able to locate her number on the web site or need any help, then you can email me directly at kristam@.... I understand that there is a feeling that you have "lost" time, but I really feel that the Dr. at SLC will assure you that your daughter is at a good window for care. I discovered my son's scoliosis when he was 7 months old. I was aware of the casting process, but because the MD's wanted to see if his curve improved we did wait. He was casted at SLC, for the 1st time just this past October at 15 months old. Once

we submitted the application Jack had an appointment for a cast in less than a month. They understand the importance of time. Take Care, Krista

Subject: HelloTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 7:58 PM

Hi my Name is Josh,My baby, , is 14 months. I think she has had her curve since she was at least 6 months. Her PT person she see, , saw it at 9 months when we starting to see her. I asked her Pediatrician to see ortho, but she told me that baby was fine and not to worry. SO we waited, finally her heart doc told us to go to nero, and then pediatrician gave a referral. Nero sent us for back x ray and mri, mri clear, back at 30 degrees. I feel like I have lost so much time, and reading about casting, it seems that I should go see a doc that can do it right away, the only problem is that I am in New Mexico and have no idea what to do. I have heard Shiners in Salt Lake City is the place to go, no idea if this is right or not. I relay want get her help, but do not know how. ANy help I would appreciated it.

ThanksJosh

Hi Josh,

Welcome to our group... First of all, SLC is a fantastic facility and will give your family excellent treatment. My daughter, Noelle, has had her scoliosis from birth. It was diagnosed when she was 11 months old at 39 degrees and she was finally casted at 18 months with a curve between 45 and approx 50 degress. She is in cast number 4 now and down to 17 degrees and doing great!!! We leave in about a week for cast number 5. You have caught this in time and it seems like the curve is not too severe.... I'm so glad you have a handle on this and are getting the help he needs..... I really believe you will have a very positive outcome. Chin up and good luck! Please keep us posted and let me know how I can help.... Steph

Subject: HelloTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 7:58 PM

Hi my Name is Josh,My baby, , is 14 months. I think she has had her curve since she was at least 6 months. Her PT person she see, , saw it at 9 months when we starting to see her. I asked her Pediatrician to see ortho, but she told me that baby was fine and not to worry. SO we waited, finally her heart doc told us to go to nero, and then pediatrician gave a referral. Nero sent us for back x ray and mri, mri clear, back at 30 degrees. I feel like I have lost so much time, and reading about casting, it seems that I should go see a doc that can do it right away, the only problem is that I am in New Mexico and have no idea what to do. I have heard Shiners in Salt Lake City is the place to go, no idea if this is right or not. I relay want get her help, but do not know how. ANy help I would appreciated it. ThanksJosh