RemedySpot.com

Introducing myself, Tyler, Texas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello! My name is Tomeka and I am the mother of a beautiful 22 month old son, Donovan. Donovan has always been a very happy, independent toddler. My husband and I have just relocated to the Tyler, Texas area after traveling all over with the military for 21 years. We thought that Donovan was developing fine, with the exception of delayed speech. He was learning new words so we figured he was just taking his time. A few days ago I noticed how he interacted with other people while we out at a family function. After doing some research, I was devastated to read that he had many signs of autism. For example, ignoring the call of his name, rolling his eyes back in his head, his fascination of wheels, restlessness at night, a sudden squealing noise instead of saying his normal words, and his dislike of going

outside to ride Big Wheel. I knew then that it was time to make him an appt with the doctor because this was his absolute favorite thing to do. This is extremely hard for us because we are new to the area and finding help seem to be so far out of reach. We are now awaiting an appointment with a pediatric neurologist and a developmental pediatrician. I welcome all of your comments and advice. What should be my next step?

Tomeka