RemedySpot.com

Volunteer Translators

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

i noticed recently throuhg myspace that the group is looking for volunteer translators. I couldn't help but think of the following email that was sent to me recently and after reading Randy's ever beautiful poetry on nature, I thought I would share this with you all.

I don't speak languages other than english, but if anyone ever needs help translating the (often) unintelligible Australian "Ockerisms", Id be glad to help.

Love & Light

Rhonda

RURAL AUSTRALIAN THESAURUS OF COMPUTER TERMINOLOGY>> * Log On - Make the barbecue hotter>> * Log Off - The barbecue is too hot>> * Monitor - Keeping an eye on the barbecue>> * Download - Get the firewood off the Ute (4X4)>> * Hard drive - Trip back home without any cold tinnies>> * Floppy Disc - What you get lifting too much firewood at once>> * Keyboard - Where you hang the Ute and bike keys>> * Window - What you shut when it's cold>> * Screen - What you shut in the mosquito

season>> * Byte - What mosquitoes do>> * Bit - What mosquitoes did>> * Mega Byte - What Townsville mosquitoes do>> * Chip - A bar snack>> * Micro Chip - What's left in the bag after you have eaten the chips>> * Modem - What you did to the lawns>> * Dot Matrix - Old Dan Matrix's wife>> * Laptop - Where the cat sleeps>> * Software - Plastic knives and forks you get at KFC>> * Hardware - Real stainless steel knives and forks from

Target>> * Mouse - What eats the grain in the shed>> * Mainframe - What holds the shed up>> * Web - What spiders make>> * Web Site - The shed or under the verandah>> * Cursor - The old bloke who swears a lot>> * Search Engine - What you do when the Ute won't go>> * - What you say when the Ute does go>> * Upgrade - A steep hill>> * Server - The person at the pub who brings out the counter lunch>> * Mail Server - The bloke at the pub that brings out the

counter > lunch>> * User - The neighbour who keeps borrowing things>> * Network - When you have to repair your fishing net>> * Internet - Complicated fish net repair method>> * Netscape - When fish manoeuvres out of reach of net>> * Online - When you get the laundry hung out>> * Off Line - When the pegs don't hold the washing up.

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.