RemedySpot.com

Re: Help with fleas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Garlic, Garlic, Garlic. Fleas and tics hate it. At Petsmart I buy a dog and cat treat with Brewers Yeast and Garlic. Both my dog and cat love it. I give it to them daily as a treat. It does not make their breath smell either.

From: Eleanor Hickey <elly.erika@...>Subject: [ ] Help with fleas Date: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 8:50 PM

Hey all,Hope someone can help. My boyfriends sister has fleas due to her catsare usually outside... and guess what has piggy-backed home with us??Yep, you got it. We also have animals (indoor only). Does anyone knowwhat is safe but effective so I can treat my house, cats & dog? Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.Thank youElly

Guest guest

I have in door cats and birds. Yet, every now and then, Dad or I will bring a flea into the house on us. Fleas are going to look for anything that is walking meat. A good diet will prevent them from biting us and our animals.

I refuse to use the bombs or sprays. The bombs are toxic to plants, us and our animals, even if we leave the house, taking our animals with us, the toxins can kill our plants and get into our food.

Here is what I do:

Vacuum everything thoroughly, and empty the bag outside. Shampoo all materials (upholstery, carpet, wash bed linens, ect.), the animals and of course yourself. I found fleas do not like tea tree oil and/or lavender, so I use shampoo with tea tree oil and drop a few lavender oil drops in it, to bathe myself and my animals in. And in 3 days, you will have to repeat it all, because the eggs will hatch out. Nothing will kill the eggs, unless you happen to vacuum them up and throw them away.

I also, use a flea comb. They are wonderful for catching the fleas. When I get one on the comb, I dip the comb into a jar of water and drown the flea, then I go back to combing. I did a test once, I put a live flea in the bathtub, to see how high it could jump. They can jump over 12 inches high!!!

Hope this helps. Blessings, Joy

[ ] Help with fleas

Hey all,Hope someone can help. My boyfriends sister has fleas due to her catsare usually outside... and guess what has piggy-backed home with us?? Yep, you got it. We also have animals (indoor only). Does anyone knowwhat is safe but effective so I can treat my house, cats & dog? Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.Thank youElly------------------------------------

Guest guest

Garlic is a good preventive for both humans and pets, against all kinds of insects. It can make the body smell, only if the intake is too high. If the fleas are in the house, it won't kill them.

Brewers Yeast is also, good. The combination treat for pets is wonderful. But it won't kill the fleas in the house.

[ ] Help with fleas Date: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 8:50 PM

Hey all,Hope someone can help. My boyfriends sister has fleas due to her catsare usually outside... and guess what has piggy-backed home with us??Yep, you got it. We also have animals (indoor only). Does anyone knowwhat is safe but effective so I can treat my house, cats & dog? Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.Thank youElly