RemedySpot.com

Transform Your Leftover Bird into A Lovely Rich Stock

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/05/29/transform-your-leftover-bird-into-a-lovely-rich-stock.aspx?source=nl At this link above there is a video as well... Today, I'll show you how to make a very **simple turkey stock. So, next time you roast a whole turkey (or a chicken), don't throw it out. By all means, use it to make a stock that will enhance whatever dish you use it in later. Just follow these simple steps, and you'll be so glad you did. After picking all the meat from your turkey or chicken, place whole carcass in a stock pot. Cover completely with water. Over a high flame, bring to boil. Lower flame to simmer. Simmer at least one hour, or if time permits, several hours. Allow to cool about 30 minutes and strain. May refrigerate or freeze in smaller containers. **Some like to add celery, carrots, onions, herbs, etc. to bring out more flavor dimensions in the stock. I like to keep it plain though, and add flavors later when I make my soups. There you have it! A wonderful, rich stock, the beginning of delicious soups. Enjoy!