RemedySpot.com

Fw: DailyOM: Hovering Around The Sun

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Spiritual freedom is my birthright. I am a free thinker. I am able to rise above mentalprejudices and stereotypes of others. I am a free thinker. Nobody and nothing can manipulateme or deceive me. I am a free thinker. I freely choose truth and love. Today, I embrace a greater degree of spiritualfreedom.

From: DailyOM <today@...>Subject: DailyOM: Hovering Around The Sunstompingelk@...Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 7:21 PM

Today's DailyOM brought to you by:

June 25, 2008Hovering Around The SunAvoiding The Center It¢s funny to imagine our lives as something we spend a lot of time avoiding, because it seems like that would be impossible to do. Our lives consist of everything we engage in, from showering to sleeping, but also a lot of busy work that distracts us and keeps us from looking at our lives. Experiencing our life from the inside means taking time each day to simply be alone and quiet in the presence of our soul. Many of us are so out of practice that it¢s almost unnerving to have a moment to ourselves. As a result, we may have stopped trying to carve out that time to take a seat at the center of our lives. One of the reasons it can be uncomfortable to sit with ourselves is because when we do, we tend to open ourselves to an inner voice, which might question the way we¢re living or some of the choices we¢re making. Sometimes the voice reminds us of our secret, inner yearnings, dreams we thought we had forgotten. When we

already feel overwhelmed by our busy schedules, the idea of hearing this voice can be exhausting. However, its reflections are the chords that connect us to our authentic selves, and they are the very things that make our lives worth living. When we continually avoid connecting with our life, we risk losing out on the very purpose of our existence. To begin the process of being more present and less absent in your life, you might want to set aside just a few minutes each day to simply sit with yourself. This doesn't mean watching a movie or reading a book, but taking time each day for self-examination to avoid the avoidance, to be with yourself in an open way. After a while, you may start to enjoy this part of the day so much that you make less busy work for yourself, so that you can spend more time at the center of your own life, rather than hovering like a planet around the sun.

What do you think?Discuss this article and share your opinion Want more DailyOM?Register for your free email, or browse all articles

Share the OM:

Email this to a friend

Printable version

Save in My DailyOM

Discuss this article

Today's friend of OM:DailyOM Soul Readings are a unique means of accessing the profound awareness that exists in all human beings. These unique readings are presented by DailyOM where you can ask up to three questions related to your concerns, and our intuitive readers will respond in 24 hours with a reply channeled by spirit specifically for you. For more information visit DailyOM.com/Readings

From the Library:Isis Magicby M. Isidora Forest

More DailyOM:Browse the Library Today's Horoscopes Shop the Marketplace Join the Community

Home | Gift Shop | My DailyOM | Marketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM | Contact Us Subscribe | Change Email | User Settings | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Gift Shop FAQ | Advertising Info Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us | Publish DailyOM On Your Website © 2004-08 DailyOM - No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permissionArtwork by Wang Chang-Ming