Guest guest

Guest guest

Note: forwarded message attached.

Spiritual freedom is my birthright.

I am a free thinker. I am able to rise above mental

prejudices and stereotypes of others.

I am a free thinker. Nobody and nothing can manipulate

me or deceive me.

I am a free thinker. I freely choose truth and love.

Today, I embrace a greater degree of spiritual

freedom.

Today's DailyOM brought to you by:

May 27, 2008

Spiritual Being--Physical Experience

Physical Bodies on Earth

We are on this earth, in our physical bodies, because our souls have things to learn that we could not learn in any other way. It is through our physical body and the physical world that we can experience life. Purely spiritual beings are just that - they are in a state of being rather than doing – in a place that is beyond the limitations of time and space. But when we incarnate on the physical plane, we are automatically subject to the laws of physics and the world of dualities. In this place, we know what happiness is because we have experienced sadness, and we understand the value and power of light because we have known darkness. Knowing this, we have the opportunity to let ourselves be spiritual beings having a physical experience.

There is no pain in the spiritual realm, because we know we are one with the limitless source of the universe. But here, in the material realm, our sense of limitation and separation allows us to feel our emotions and to learn about love, forgiveness, and compassion. We go from a spiritual state of oneness to learning how to be in relationship with people who are different and distinct individuals. We learn to understand ourselves through our relationships with the world around us—its seasons and landscapes, challenges and opportunities. And through our journey to find our place among so many others, we begin to recognize our own glimmer of light in a constellation of stars.

Once we remember that we are spiritual beings, we can revel in the experience of being human while knowing we are all connected. We can live from the place of oneness while truly appreciating the beauty of diversity, the bittersweet feel of love and loss, and the elation of triumph over challenges and adversity. It is through these opposites that we experience life itself, and we can ride through the dark times with the understanding that it will help us to appreciate the light of life and love and spirit more fully. We are here now because we made the choice to experience an earth life, so now we can choose to enjoy the journey as completely as possible.

Have you read the DailyOM Book?

Click here to post a review of it, or read what other people have to say

What do you think?

Discuss this article and share your opinion

Want more DailyOM?

Register for your free email,

or browse all articles

Share the OM:

Email this to a friend

Printable version

Save in My DailyOM

Discuss this article

Today's friend of OM:

DailyOM Soul Readings are a unique means of accessing the profound awareness that exists in all human beings. These unique readings are presented by DailyOM where you can ask up to three questions related to your concerns, and our intuitive readers will respond in 24 hours with a reply channeled by spirit specifically for you.

For more information visit DailyOM.com/Readings

From the Library:

Rock Your World With The Divine Mother

by Sondra Ray

More DailyOM:

Browse the Library

Today's Horoscopes

Shop the Marketplace

Join the Community

Home | Gift Shop | My DailyOM | Marketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM |

Contact Us

Subscribe | Change Email | User Settings | Unsubscribe |

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Gift Shop FAQ | Advertising Info

Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us |

Publish DailyOM On Your Website

© 2004-08 DailyOM - No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission

Artwork by Wang Chang-Ming