RemedySpot.com

Update on my DSL problem.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Everyone!

I am finally back on DSL. My Ethernet went out Sunday evening. Monday, my provider set me up for dial up. However, with our phone being soooo busy during the day, I could only get on the internet, late at night. Using dial up was so much of a hassle, there were times, I just didn't feel like doing it! I had one email that took 30 minutes to down load into my system. Now, I remember, why I detest dial up!!!

AT & T came out and hooked up a new phone line for us, yesterday. It seemed our old one had 4 splices in it, and that right there would make it difficult to get on DSL. But I still had problems. Last night, after the phone company left, I went out and purchased a new ethernet card. I installed it into my computer when I got home. DSL still didn't work!!!

I called my provider today and told them everything. They said, I either had a bad modem, which I purchased a little over a year ago, from them, or my XP program was corrupted. I told them I would have to get back with them, because I wanted to think about it.

Anyway, a few minutes ago, I discovered my ethernet was back on!!! Have no idea why, but I am sooo very happy! Now, I am way behind in replying to a lot of you, but I will be doing that today and tomorrow. Lots of Love.

Blessings All, Joy