RemedySpot.com

Grouply is tapping lists

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Grouply is tapping lists and reposting themessages to Grouply members. As soon as ONE listmember joins this service, all of our messages willthen be archived by Grouply.This is illegal.Grouply changes your email address to(yourname)@grouply. com for the purpose of your list mail only. They will also go into your account and changeall of your preferences regarding how you view yourmail, whether you get individual posts or digests, andwhether you can be directly added to any of a millionother .In order to do this, Grouply requires that you givethem

your ID and password. I am truly hoping that most of our members are smartenough not to hand over that information toANYONE--especially to another web service! There is noguarantee that this information that Grouply isaggregating is secure, thus leaving your sign-in infoavailable to spammers and hackers ... including all ofour list files and photos.Spiritual freedom is my birthright. I am a free thinker. I am able to rise above mentalprejudices and stereotypes of others. I am a free thinker. Nobody and nothing can manipulateme or deceive me. I am a free thinker. I freely choose truth and love. Today, I embrace a greater degree of spiritualfreedom.

Guest guest

didnt understand what this was.. so i looked it up... http://answers./question/index?qid=20080208152833AA9F660 Best Answer - Chosen by Voters Grouply is under serious scrutiny (appalled scrutiny) by list owners for a wide variety of security and list violation reasons. (I know, I'm one of them and am involved in the discussions.) It IS a problem that they require your ID and password - anyone who's been on the internet for more than three seconds knows not to give out that information to anyone who asks for it uninvited and to look askance at anyone who does. Many list owners are banning/removing people who access their lists through Grouply, and are working with the Grouply founders to fix the serious

security problems that were discovered by list owners testing the system out of necessity because their lists' integrity was being compromised. The problems are legion, are being worked on (albeit with some reluctance in the case of some, and not addressed at all in the case of the inquiry as to whether it would be possible for Grouply to work WITHOUT the necessity of providing ID and password - resounding silence there), However, I, for one, as a responsible list owner, won't be allowing Grouply members to be on my lists until all the problems are satisfactorily resolved. 4 months ago Source(s): Various list owner/moderators' discussion lists, some of which have open archives if anyone not a member wants to get the real skinny on the problems that have surfaced and are being worked on. 57% 4 Votes Marty Cline <stompingelk@...> wrote: Grouply is tapping lists and reposting themessages to Grouply members. As soon as ONE listmember joins this service, all of our messages willthen be archived by Grouply.This is

illegal.Grouply changes your email address to(yourname)@grouply. com for the purpose of your list mail only. They will also go into your account and changeall of your preferences regarding how you view yourmail, whether you get individual posts or digests, andwhether you can be directly added to any of a millionother .In order to do this, Grouply requires that you givethem your ID and password. I am truly hoping that most of our members are smartenough not to hand over that information toANYONE--especially to another web service! There is noguarantee that this information that Grouply isaggregating is secure, thus leaving your sign-in infoavailable to spammers and hackers ... including all ofour list files and photos.Spiritual freedom is my

birthright. I am a free thinker. I am able to rise above mentalprejudices and stereotypes of others. I am a free thinker. Nobody and nothing can manipulateme or deceive me. I am a free thinker. I freely choose truth and love. Today, I embrace a greater degree of spiritualfreedom.