RemedySpot.com

Fw: DailyOM: Remembering the Moment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Spiritual freedom is my birthright. I am a free thinker. I am able to rise above mentalprejudices and stereotypes of others. I am a free thinker. Nobody and nothing can manipulateme or deceive me. I am a free thinker. I freely choose truth and love. Today, I embrace a greater degree of spiritualfreedom.

From: DailyOM <today@...>Subject: DailyOM: Remembering the Momentstompingelk@...Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 8:50 AM

Today's DailyOM brought to you by:

July 21, 2008Remembering the MomentEnjoying Life Life, in all of its fullness, is happening right now. While our thoughts are sometimes elsewhere, beautiful opportunities and moments are being passed over and lost to the flow of time. And though we cannot possibly fully experience each leaf that falls to the ground, sometimes we get so attached to reaching our goals that we don¢t pay attention to the wonder all around us. When we do that, we live in a world that exists only in our heads, while we miss life itself. There is so much to be enjoyed and appreciated that we need to remember to pay attention to the present moment, because it is the only space in which we can experience being alive. We learn from our past, but dwelling on it keeps us from being fully present to life in the moment. We create our lives with our thoughts, but focusing so firmly on our imagined future keeps us from co-creating with the universe, so we might never allow ourselves to live our dreams as they

manifest. It¢s possible to be so happy and comfortable in our inner worlds that we lose touch with the business of life. We may enjoy spending large portions of time in meditation, or focused on our thoughts. Life must be attended to, and if we are wise, we can enjoy it at the same time. We can awaken ourselves to the moment we are living right now by taking a deep breath and simply looking around. In doing so, we refocus our attention to our location in the real world. Then we can learn to appreciate the process of working toward our goals as much as their attainment. Balancing ourselves between the present moment and eternity, we can experience and enjoy the full range of reality available to us as spiritual beings living on earth.

What do you think?Discuss this article and share your opinion Want more DailyOM?Register for your free email, or browse all articles

Share the OM:

Email this to a friend

Printable version

Save in My DailyOM

Discuss this article

Today's friend of OM:Request a FREE issue of Ode magazine! Ode is a song of praise to new ideas that can change the world. We invite you to become an intelligent optimist and experience a refreshing, international news magazine with our compliments! To get your FREE issue of Ode, click here Odemagazine.com

From the Library:Body Mind Masteryby Dan Millman

More DailyOM:Browse the Library Today's Horoscopes Shop the Marketplace Join the Community

Home | Gift Shop | My DailyOM | Marketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM | Contact Us Subscribe | Change Email | User Settings | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Gift Shop FAQ | Advertising Info Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us | Publish DailyOM On Your Website © 2004-08 DailyOM - No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permissionArtwork by Wang Chang-Ming