Fw: Regional Gardening News

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Regional Gardening News

Upper SouthJune 19, 2008 By Maggie Oster, Borden, IN

Support NGA & receive great benefits,including 10% off at our online stores! GO

In My Garden

New Regional Blogs!Post your comments at the end of each column.

What Price Glory?

Don't you hate it when something goes wrong and there's nobody to blame but yourself? That's how I feel about my gardening efforts right now. Among my more serious failings is being somewhat of an obsessive/perfectionist nature. What this does to my...more Resources

Web Finds

Heat-Related Illnesses To better understand heat-related illnesses, including heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and heat...

Tool or Gardening Product

Berry Bucket Look to the children's toy department for small plastic sandbox buckets. These make great...

more Regional Reminders

Cut Off Spring Bulb Foliage Use Edible Flowers Water Slowly and Deeply Preserve Berries Keep Roses Healthy and Vigorous more

National News

From NGA Editors

Tomatoes Found to Protect Against Sunburn Many gardeners use sunscreen while outdoors to shield their skin from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. According to new research, eating tomatoes may...

Bushy Cordyline for Tropical Gardens

Tropical plants continue to be the rage, especially in container gardens. One of the most popular tropicals is best loved for its leaves, not flowers....

Lantanas That Attract the Most Butterflies

Butterfly gardening is one of the most popular types of flower gardening, and one of the most popular nectar plants for adults is Lantana camara . But...

New Stool Saves Your Back

Midsummer is weeding and harvesting time in the garden. Unfortunately, this work can be backbreaking. Now there is a new tool that allows you to sit down...

more

**************************************************************************Contact NGA:1100 Dorset Street, South Burlington, VT 05403802-863-5251