RemedySpot.com

Re: Moving to Florida

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would put this post out to yahoo autism in florida. They have there own groupSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "dwall42" Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:35:08 -0000To: <autism-georgia >Subject: Moving to Florida Does anybody have experience with services available in Central Florida/Orlando? My husband is being transferred and we don't have much choice but to move. I have no idea if they have a Beckett equivalent, or any other cost assisted programs. I know about McKay scholarships like our SB10 but need some way to maintain my son's ABA and speech services. Any contacts anybody can provide would be much appreciated and I guess my home therapists will soon be available. Thanks Jill

The Florida partners with CARD for services in Florida. Contact the CARDS office for the area you are moving to - possibly through University of South Florida or University of Central Florida.

Subject: Re: Moving to FloridaTo: "Autism Yahoo Group " <autism-georgia >Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:39 AM

I would put this post out to yahoo autism in florida. They have there own group

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

From: "dwall42" Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:35:08 -0000To: <autism-georgia@ yahoogroups. com>Subject: Moving to Florida

Does anybody have experience with services available in Central Florida/Orlando? My husband is being transferred and we don't have much choice but to move. I have no idea if they have a Beckett equivalent, or any other cost assisted programs. I know about McKay scholarships like our SB10 but need some way to maintain my son's ABA and speech services.Any contacts anybody can provide would be much appreciated and I guess my home therapists will soon be available.Thanks Jill

Hello Jill,

We just moved here to Lake Co. in Fl. in Aug.

We love the area. There are services here for Autism

but they throw them all together in one classroom.

If your child can handle being resourced in a typical

class than I recommend it. I do not see them using

a Research based Methodology Program yet.

I am pushing that now for my son. CARDS is the

big thing in this state. http://card-usf.fmhi.usf.edu/

I highly recommend look for the school before you

settle on the area and home. There are lots of

private schools through out the state if you could

narrow the area of where you wish to move I can

send you a list. I do not recommend Polk Co.

Seminole and Orange Co. they say to use private

schools and not their public.

Princeton Charter House is a great school

right in Orlando and free if you live in Orange or

Lake co.

Subject: Moving to FloridaTo: autism-georgia Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 11:35 AM

Does anybody have experience with services available in Central Florida/Orlando? My husband is being transferred and we don't have much choice but to move. I have no idea if they have a Beckett equivalent, or any other cost assisted programs. I know about McKay scholarships like our SB10 but need some way to maintain my son's ABA and speech services.Any contacts anybody can provide would be much appreciated and I guess my home therapists will soon be available.Thanks Jill

• 1 month later...

We actually drive to Melbourne, FL which is an hour from Orlando, FL to see Dr. Dan Rossignol with the Creations Own DAN practice. We live in North GA and drive this distance for the biomedical treatment since they could get us in earlier than any where else in the Southeast. We loved the entire practice and will be continuing to see them by phone and visits every 6 months.

Dana

Subject: Moving to FloridaTo: autism-georgia Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 2:35 PM