RemedySpot.com

Re: Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am in the same situation. I saw the most amazing and understanding OB/GYN doctor the other day. She was so sensitive and understanding... I did not have to convince here that the periods were awful and that my daughter could not deal with it very well. She gave me what options where there and even called just yesterday (she called herself not her staff) to check on things. I have never had any doctor be so nice about our needs... Her name is Dr. Payne with Preferred Women's Healthcare the number is Her office would not take Medicare when I called but they did take Medicare for payment with a referral from her pediatrician. Subject: Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.To: autism-georgia Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 7:06 PM

Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.

My girl started her period 2 months ago. She is VERY distressed during

the PMS and actual period.

She is severely autistic, non-verbal, and she is attacking me, the

furniture, windows, everything!! I've been giving her Midol every 6

hours but I want to know if there are any other medicines or options

available.

I can't handle her when she starts attacking; she is a good size and I

can't Physically handle her and she is going to hurt me and/or herself

if I can't figure something out.

Please offer any advice,

Thank you,

Cammy

Hi Cammy

My heart goes out to you. Cammy your not alone I can fill you pain and fear.all tho my daughter is not there yet she's getting there really fast and just like you I'm so scarred and under so much stress because she's a big and strong beautifully girl but when she's under stress she becomes very aggressive towards her self and others. and the fact is that I'm a small lady and each day gets harder and harder and she's getting stronger and stronger.she's never been on any meds but know at this time we are considering meds .her psychiatrist recommended lexapro for anxiety.the fact is that we are very scarred about any meds due to the side effects.do u or anyone on this group know anything about that medication any information would be appreciated.Cammy may god bless you and your family stay Strong and have faith.our children are a great beautiful gift from god and I know that he has everything under control.

Tina

Subject: Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.To: autism-georgia Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 7:06 PM

Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.My girl started her period 2 months ago. She is VERY distressed during the PMS and actual period.She is severely autistic, non-verbal, and she is attacking me, the furniture, windows, everything!! I've been giving her Midol every 6 hours but I want to know if there are any other medicines or options available.I can't handle her when she starts attacking; she is a good size and I can't Physically handle her and she is going to hurt me and/or herself if I can't figure something out.Please offer any advice,Thank you,Cammy

• 1 month later...

Talk with your OB/GYN first, then possibly a DAN Physician.

Subject: Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.To: autism-georgia Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 10:06 PM

Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.My girl started her period 2 months ago. She is VERY distressed during the PMS and actual period.She is severely autistic, non-verbal, and she is attacking me, the furniture, windows, everything!! I've been giving her Midol every 6 hours but I want to know if there are any other medicines or options available.I can't handle her when she starts attacking; she is a good size and I can't Physically handle her and she is going to hurt me and/or herself if I can't figure something out.Please offer any advice,Thank you,Cammy

I don't know where you live but I found a wonderful Doctor that has been very understanding about my daughter. She suggested the shot to make the periods stop and she also helped me brian storm about other options to help with the mood swings and discomfort. The doctor is in Hamilton Mill area.. is this something that is close for you? If so, I can send you her contact information.

From: cammy_shelton <cammy_shelton@ yahoo.com>Subject: Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.To: autism-georgia@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 10:06 PM

I worked with a teenage girl with PDD and the dr. recommended putting her on the depoprovera shot (birth control) when she started her period. For a lot of women, it stops their period. It worked ok for her - she couldn't distinguish between her period and going to the bathroom so she had completely regressed to urinating in her pants during her period.

From: cammy_shelton <cammy_shelton@ yahoo.com>Subject: Please Help! Advice needed on how to handle PMS for autistic girl.To: autism-georgia@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 10:06 PM