RemedySpot.com

Namaste To You (((((LUNA))))), Chris & Liane

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Luna,

Hope that U R feeling better now?

Thank you for being such a nice & kind compassionate person, encouraging & uplifting all the members here, as well as all your wonderful messages to me and not to mention from other Members here also.

Just FYI, i am sending all these little Motivational Inspirations b'cos years back, i was in a major depression and one day, i came out of this doldrum, after reading, just a single motivational article in a newspaper.

Therefore, to pay back the Universe <so as to say>, or so as to help others, i am sharing all these motivationals with this HH group.

Last but not least, thanx for being a great friend, which is made possible, by the owners of this HH group, if which i am not mistaken <by reading all the posts so far>, are & Liane...So Thank Both of U Very Much.

With Lurve,

Alice

P/S:-I would like to apologize for not responding to each and every email.

Just trying to keep up & read all the HH emails everyday, takes up much of my time.

Anyway, to complicate matters, i am a very slow typist, so usually i download all the emails and read them or to reply to them, offline, as i am using DialUp and not BroadBand...Hope All of U Members here, will understand.

BTW, i think that there are some emails being not delivered, as per suggested by Liane, so please do not mind if i did not answer your posts, if they had been missed out either by or by my ISP.

If it is , then if you are reading from your Mail, please check out your "Spam" Mail, as i have experienced many of my other groups messages, being sorted or sent into there.

Then there other times, that i had checked that my post, that has been posted into the Group WebSite itself, but not delivered to my private email address....Just for your information only.

--------------------------------------------------

NamasteWikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cite This SourceNamasté or Namaskar (नमसà¥à¤¤à¥‡ [nÊŒmÊŒsˈteË] in Nepali and Hindi (from internal sandhi between and ) is an Indian greeting or parting phrase as well as a gesture. Taken literally, it means "I bow to you". The word is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you" . When spoken to another person, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upwards, in front of the chest. The gesture can also be performed wordlessly and carry the same meaning. Uses in South Asian culture

In everyday life, "namaste" is not consciously considered a religious gesture. However, many believe it has a spiritual basis, in recognizing a common divinity within the other person. When greeting a peer, a "namaste" with hands in front of chest and a slight bow is considered polite. The gesture is also intensified when a lower-status person performs it for a higher-status person. To indicate deep respect, one may place the hands in front of the forehead, and reverence for a god or the holiest of persons may be indicated by placing the hands completely above the head. Namaste is also used as a friendly greeting in written communication. In some parts of India (for example, Punjabi-speaking areas), Namaste is used only to greet Hindus. The proper greeting for Muslims and Sikhs being Assalamu Alaikum and Sat Sri Akaal respectively. Symbolism in Hinduism

The gesture used when bowing in Namaste or Gassho is the bringing of both hands together, palms touching, in front of the person -- usually at the chest, or a higher level such as below the chin, below the nose, or above the head. This gesture is a mudra; a well-recognized symbolic hand position in eastern religions. One hand represents the higher, spiritual nature, while the other represents the worldly self. By combining the two, the person making the gesture is attempting to rise above their differences with others, and connect themself to the person they bow to. The bow is a symbolic bow of love and respect. Particularly in Hinduism, when one worships or bows in reverence, the symbolism of the two palms touching is of great significance. It is the joining together of two extremities -- the feet of the Divine, with the head of the devotee. The right palm denotes the feet of the Divine and the left palm denotes the head of the devotee. The Divine feet constitute the ultimate solace for all sorrows -- this is a time-honoured thought that runs through the entire religious ethos. Similar gestures around the world

Gassho is the term used in Japanese contexts for the same hand-gesture, and is used in a Buddhist context. Japanese culture bows from the waist in a secular context, but in a Buddhist context uses gassho. In Chinese speaking places, the term åˆå (Mandarin: héshí; Cantonese: hahp- sahp-) is used. In Thailand, the gesture is known as ไหว้ wai (pronounced "why" with a falling tone). Meanings in Western culture

Namaste is one of the few Sanskrit words commonly recognized by English speakers. In the West, it is often used to indicate South Asian culture in general. "Namaste" is particularly associated with aspects of South Asian culture such as vegetarianism, yoga, ayurvedic healing or Hinduism. Westerners who learn about "namaste" from yoga often believe that the word is part of yogic and tantric practice, and that it has a multitude of very complicated and poetic meanings. Some examples:

"I honor the Spirit in you which is also in me". -- attributed to author Deepak Chopra "I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace, When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One." "I salute the God within you." “I recognize that we are all equal.†“The entire universe resides within you.†“The divine light in me salutes the divine light in you.†"Your spirit and my spirit are ONE." -- attributed to Lilias Folan's shared teachings from her journeys to India "That which is of God in me greets that which is of God in you" -- "I honor the Holy One that lives in you." "I bow to the divine in you" "The Light of God in Me recognizes and honours The Light of God in You and in that recognition is our Oneness."