RemedySpot.com

Re: Trampolines

Rate this topic

Guest guest

my son loves his he walks around in it more that jumping i guess it is more like a bounce jump he is out their for hours at a time. warwick51197 wrote: Hello - I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large

trampoline?Thanks,Debbie

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Depending on your sons age. By an 8 foot tramp. My sons are 4 and 3. It is not a big tramp and it only sits about 30 inches off the ground both of my sons can easily climb on and off it without a ladder. Since it is smaller the can not bounce really high so it prevents injuries also since it is short they can not get hurt anymore then falling off the couch in the living room. You can also dig a hole for it and place it at ground level. My son did not like safety nets because they made them clastrophobic (sp?) It has been great for our autistic son because he lacks cordination and it helps with his body awareness. We purchased ours from Amazon. They have free ship they had a special and it was $64.00 I believe they are now around a $100.00 We did buy the plastic cover for it though since we live where it snows so they can still use it in the winter. Also if you have a basement that has higher ceilings you can also

place it in the basement and surround it by gym mats. It has been wonderful and I would highly recomend getting one. Hollywarwick51197 wrote: Hello - I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience

with a large trampoline?Thanks,Debbie

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

We have had one since my son was 2 1/2. It has been great for us. Our DS is very hyper and had/has impulse control issues....so EVERYTHING has the potential to be a danger :-) Our safety net did not last long....he tended to try to 'BE' Spiderman.......and he is big for his age....so we are going to have to replace ours. DS is now almost 9 and still uses the tramp. almost daily....

Everyone of our neighbors also have trampolines and all the children just rotate from house to house....it gets quite comical at times......10-20 children ages 10 & under moving up and down the street as a 'herd'. Oh, by the way....they are ALL BOYS! Most of us homeschool as well...our poor childless neighbors never get a rest from Boy Noise. hahaha. We do have a great little neighborhood though. It is us 5 families with children and the rest are all retired folks......a neighborhood full of children & grandparents.....yeah, we are pretty lucky.

Anyway, if your son enjoys spinning, jumping, repetitive stims......a tramp can be a great asset! We HAD to get one...to save the beds! hahaha

Good luck!

April

To: AutismBehaviorProblems From: dmwarwick@...Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 04:30:14 +0000Subject: Trampolines

Hello - I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large trampoline?Thanks,Debbie i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more

Debbie,

We have a trampoline and my son (8, was 5 when we got it) enjoys it. We usually have to be out there, but he'll go out there on his own. He'll play longer if we're out there with him. On one hand, yes, you need to be careful about injuries. However, my son doesn't try crazy stuff, just bouncing, and not very high at that, so we've not had too many issues. The bigger issue is when he's in there with his sister, because they have bumped into each other. That's my biggest worry, supervising both of them. But alone, the only other big issue was keeping him from holding the netting while he jumped. It had the tendency to make him bounce toward the edge of the trampoline when he'd pull against it. But overall he's enjoyed it and likes playing on it.

Hello - I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large trampoline?Thanks,Debbie

I recommend to help get rid of the energy,

Helps with OT and sensory issues & etc.

Great for social and playing w/others.

We make up games on the trampoline too.

A guarrantee smile on a childs face

and to help w/self esteem.

If child is afraid at first. Let the child make

up their mind when they are ready.

At the beginning having another person

in w/them because of the weight of the

other person may make them uneasy.

Just feel out the child and let them decide.

Debbie you are super!

Thanks,

J.I.

Trampolines

Hello - I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large trampoline?Thanks,Debbie

We do the small round jogging trampoline, low to the ground less than 12 inches, legs can be taken off and tucked away. We learned how to count and do abc's on them...since she is so kinesthetic and tactile. Happy New Year! MarieHolly wrote: Depending on your sons age. By an 8 foot tramp. My sons are 4 and 3. It is not a big tramp and it only sits about 30 inches off the ground both of my sons can easily climb on and off it without a ladder. Since it is

smaller the can not bounce really high so it prevents injuries also since it is short they can not get hurt anymore then falling off the couch in the living room. You can also dig a hole for it and place it at ground level. My son did not like safety nets because they made them clastrophobic (sp?) It has been great for our autistic son because he lacks cordination and it helps with his body awareness. We purchased ours from Amazon. They have free ship they had a special and it was $64.00 I believe they are now around a $100.00 We did buy the plastic cover for it though since we live where it snows so they can still use it in the winter. Also if you have a basement that has higher ceilings you can also place it in the basement and surround it by gym mats. It has been wonderful and I would highly recomend getting one. Hollywarwick51197 <dmwarwickverizon (DOT) net> wrote: Hello - I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large trampoline?Thanks,Debbie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Hi Debbie, My son has had a small to medium size trampoline since he was three. He is now nearing five and the trampoline has been a great source of enjoyment as well as excellent exercise for him. Good luck, Lynne Hoffman wrote: Debbie, We have a trampoline and my son (8, was 5 when we got it) enjoys it. We usually have to be out there, but he'll go out there on his own. He'll play longer if we're out there with

him. On one hand, yes, you need to be careful about injuries. However, my son doesn't try crazy stuff, just bouncing, and not very high at that, so we've not had too many issues. The bigger issue is when he's in there with his sister, because they have bumped into each other. That's my biggest worry, supervising both of them. But alone, the only other big issue was keeping him from holding the netting while he jumped. It had the tendency to make him bounce toward the edge of the trampoline when he'd pull against it. But overall he's enjoyed it and likes playing on it. On 12/30/07, warwick51197 <dmwarwickverizon (DOT) net> wrote: Hello - I am thinking about

buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large trampoline?Thanks,Debbie

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

It a kid-magnetic too. It draws the kids in the neighborhood to

your house which is good for socializing. We enjoyed it until my

child developed acid reflux. The bouncing made it worse.

Eventually we had to get rid of it because of the reflux.

>

> Hello -

> I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard,

with a

> safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I

know

> they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the

other

> side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as

some

> OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a

large

> trampoline?

>

> Thanks,

> Debbie

>

I bought a trampoline for my son for his birthday last year and it was by far the best purchase I've ever made. He loves it and so does my daughter. Plus it's great OT for him. His therapists work with him all the time on the trampoline because that's where my son is most compliant. hopsalotnfrankey wrote: It a kid-magnetic too. It draws the kids in the neighborhood to your house which is good for socializing. We enjoyed it until my child developed acid reflux. The

bouncing made it worse. Eventually we had to get rid of it because of the reflux. >> Hello - > I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a > safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know > they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other > side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some > OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large > trampoline?> > Thanks,> Debbie>

We bought one a couple of years ago, the best thing we could have bought. Our son, who has autism and sensory problems, loved it. It really helped him with his sense of balance, and since he wants to be moving all the time, it's great for him to jump on. He is hyposensitive and needs deep pressure, so he loves to jump up and land with his whole body extended. And I agree with the last post, it is a huge kid magnet, which has been great for both kids since my daughter is stuck in the backyard a lot with her brother, since he runs once he gets out of the gate. Now the neighborhood kids come and play at our house, and it is good for both kids. I don't know what we would do without our trampoline - and I lost 10 pounds without noticing it, just from playing with the kids when we got it! Lynnhopsalotnfrankey wrote: It a kid-magnetic too. It draws the kids in the neighborhood to your house which is good for socializing. We enjoyed it until my child developed acid reflux. The bouncing made it worse. Eventually we had to get rid of it because of the reflux. >> Hello - > I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a > safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know > they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other > side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some > OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large > trampoline?> > Thanks,> Debbie>

Oh and one more plus - my son loves to draw with chalk so when he is tired of jumping, the trampoline becomes one big canvas for him to draw on!Lynn Grantz wrote: We bought one a couple of years ago, the best thing we could have bought. Our son, who has autism and sensory problems, loved it. It really helped him with his sense of balance, and since he

wants to be moving all the time, it's great for him to jump on. He is hyposensitive and needs deep pressure, so he loves to jump up and land with his whole body extended. And I agree with the last post, it is a huge kid magnet, which has been great for both kids since my daughter is stuck in the backyard a lot with her brother, since he runs once he gets out of the gate. Now the neighborhood kids come and play at our house, and it is good for both kids. I don't know what we would do without our trampoline - and I lost 10 pounds without noticing it, just from playing with the kids when we got it! Lynnhopsalotnfrankey wrote: It a kid-magnetic too. It draws the kids in the neighborhood to your house which is good for socializing. We enjoyed it until my child developed

acid reflux. The bouncing made it worse. Eventually we had to get rid of it because of the reflux. >> Hello - > I am thinking about buying my son a trampoline for the backyard, with a > safety net, and was wondering if anyone else has done this? I know > they need to be used with caution to prevent injuries, but on the other > side, I think it could offer some exercise for my son as well as some > OT benefits. Does anyone have any comments or experience with a large > trampoline?> > Thanks,> Debbie>

>

> Debbie,

> J had one for a long time. he loved it! Go for it! <smile> Lois

> Trampolines

>

Hey- my son who will be 5 in Jan loves to jumo on one too! We do not

have one but our neighbors do and we have to watch our little guy

while outside because he always makes a mad dash over to their yard to

the trampoline!! He also has a small one in his special pre K for

autistic children and it is one of those small one used forexercising

and he loves that just as much! I think you should go for it!!!!

I'm also thinking about purchasing an 8 ft trampoline for my grandson

who I am raising. He has Autism. He use to jump on the furniture, jump

off the furniture hitting the floor hard enought to make the house

vibrate. He's only 5 now. After going to OT and jumping at least twice

a week he stopped that behavior because his sensory needs were being

met. Over the Holidays he's had to miss a lot of therapy session and

the behavior has started up again. The 8 ft trampoline at Walmart sits

20 " off the ground and is only $119.00. I'm going to go for. I feel he

will need this sensory input for a long time and I think it will be one

of the best investments I'll ever make.

Barbara, I think that's a great idea. Karac takes gymnastics and that helps him a lot. His dad won't let him have a trampoline at home, and granddaddy is against it too; so I bought the little rebounder for his room upstairs and that seems to serve the purpose, but I would love to have one like the one you are planning on getting. Let me know how it works out. Pat K**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

We have one of the big trampolines and my

son’s ABA therapist has told me on multiple occasions that she gets so

many more words out of him when he is jumping.

Julee

Huy

http://www.discoveringnathan.blogspot.com

[mailto:AutismBehaviorProblems ] On Behalf Of pkuenstler@...

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008

5:31 PM

To:

AutismBehaviorProblems

Subject: Re: Re:

Trampolines

Barbara, I think that's a great idea. Karac takes

gymnastics and that helps him a lot. His dad won't let him have a

trampoline at home, and granddaddy is against it too; so I bought the little

rebounder for his room upstairs and that seems to serve the purpose, but I

would love to have one like the one you are planning on getting. Let me

know how it works out. Pat K

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

That's great to know...it sounds like there are so many benefits! Thanks, Debbie huyones wrote: We have one of the big trampolines and my son’s ABA therapist has told me on multiple occasions that she gets so many more words out of him when he is jumping. Julee Huy http://www.discoveringnathan.blogspot.com From: AutismBehaviorProblems [mailto:AutismBehaviorProblems ] On Behalf Of pkuenstleraolSent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 5:31 PMTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Subject: Re: Re: Trampolines Barbara, I think that's a great idea. Karac takes gymnastics and that helps him a lot. His dad won't let him have a trampoline at home, and granddaddy is against it too; so I bought the little rebounder for his room upstairs and that seems to serve the purpose, but I would love to have one like the one you are planning on getting. Let me know how it works out. Pat K**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

i like the fact that it can if that is possible to wear them out or at least wear them down some DEBORAH WARWICK wrote: That's great to know...it sounds like there are so many benefits! Thanks, Debbie huyones <huyonesgmail> wrote: We have one of the big trampolines and my son’s ABA therapist has told me on multiple occasions that she gets so many more words out of him when he is jumping. Julee Huy http://www.discoveringnathan.blogspot.com From: AutismBehaviorProblems [mailto:AutismBehaviorProblems ] On Behalf Of pkuenstleraolSent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 5:31 PMTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Subject: Re: Re: Trampolines Barbara, I think that's a great idea. Karac takes gymnastics and that helps him a lot. His dad won't let him have a trampoline at home, and granddaddy is against it too; so I bought the little rebounder for his room upstairs and that seems to serve the purpose, but I would love to have one like the one you are planning on getting. Let me know how it works out. Pat K**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489