Life Is A Do-It-Yourself Project

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Spiriteacher

Date:

Aug 27, 2007 10:02 AM

Subject:

Life is a do-it-yourself project

Start Living for Today!One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living.We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.--Dale CarnegieStart living, and make the most of this wonderful day!______________________________Puppy For Sale A store owner was tacking a sign above his door that read, "Puppies for sale." Signs like that have a way of attracting small children, and sure enough, a little boy appeared under the store owner's sign. "How much are you going to sell the puppies for ?" he asked. The store owner replied," Anywhere from $30.00 to $ 50.00." The little boy reached in his pocket and pulled out some change. " I have $2.37," he said. Can I please look at them?" The store owner smiled and whistled and out came Lady, who ran down the aisle of his store followed by five teeny, tiny balls of fur. One puppy was lagging behind. Immediately the little boy singled out the lagging, limping puppy and said, " What's wrong with that little dog?" The store owner explained that the vet had examined the little puppy and had discovered it didn't have a hip socket. It would always be lame. The little boy became excited. " That is the little puppy I want to buy!" The store owner said: " No you don't want to buy that little dog. If you really want him, I'll give him to you." The little boy got quite upset. He looked straight into the store owner's eyes, pointing his finger and said, " I don't want you to give him to me. That little dog is worth every bit as much as all the other dogs and I'll pay full price." In fact I'll give you $2.37 now and 50 cents a month until I have him paid for. "The store owner countered, "You really don't want to buy this little dog. He is never going to be able to run and jump and play with you like the other pu ppies." To this the little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted, crippled left leg supported by a big metal brace. He looked up at the store owner and softy replied, "Well I don't run so well myself, and the little puppy will need someone who understands!"______________________________One Final Job An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. He told his employer Contractor of his plans to leave the house-building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife, enjoying his extended family. He would miss the pay check, but he needed to retire. They could get by. The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favor. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end a dedicated career. When the carpenter finished his work, the employer came to inspect the house. He handed the front-door key to the carpenter. "This is your house," he said, "my gift to you." The carpenter was shocked! What a shame! If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently. So it is with us. We build our lives, a day a t a time, often putting less than our best into the building. Then with shock we realize we have to live in the house we have built. If we could do it over, we'd do it much differently. But we cannot go back. You are the carpenter. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, and erect a wall. "Life is a do-it-yourself project," someone has said. Your attitudes and the choices you make today, build the "house" you live in tomorrow. Build wisely!______________________________UPLIFTED DAY May your day be uplifted filled with sunshine and warmth the shining rainbows of hope the white clouds of dreams the gentle softness of breeze, the sweet smell of fresh air, May your day be uplifted from start to end, filled with joy and happiness untroubled and serene May your day be uplifted in all that you do. Crystal Palace EmporiumPO Box 5185Sun City WestArizona 85376United States