>My older boys want a dog, too...good point about it being a source of

>compansionship as they get older and don't fit in...we'll have to keep

>it in mind.

>

>Our problem is allergies...mom, dad, all three boys (even the baby

>sneezed all night after sitting outside for an hour before bed last

>night)... sneezing is one thing but when they cause asthma attacks its

>another. Do they train turtles to be assistive? (just kidding...its the

>only kind of pet our allergist thinks we could consider)

>

>

>

Guest guest

What's this, Kim? No snakes & lizards, just turtles? If you can keep the

room cool, I'll bet a snake or lizard could be convinced to cuddle. They're

not so much on playing fetch, though.

We did try raising frogs from eggs. Someone gave the kids a kit for

Christmas. They fell down on the job there - I ended up doing all the

feedings and water changes, then just as they were about to conquer dry

land, we went from 20 leggy tadpoles to 20 tiny floaters. I was

distraught; the kids were fine.

>

>Reply-To: autism-aspergers

>To: autism group <autism-aspergers >

>Subject: dogs

>Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 05:20:39 -0500

>

>My older boys want a dog, too...good point about it being a source of

>compansionship as they get older and don't fit in...we'll have to keep

>it in mind.

>

>Our problem is allergies...mom, dad, all three boys (even the baby

>sneezed all night after sitting outside for an hour before bed last

>night)... sneezing is one thing but when they cause asthma attacks its

>another. Do they train turtles to be assistive? (just kidding...its the

>only kind of pet our allergist thinks we could consider)

>

>

>

Guest guest

You might want to contact the AKC's to find out if they make a dog that

doesn't give off dander because I know their is a cat that doesn't give

off dander he was mr. biggles on theose mike myers movies it was the cat

the bad guy had if there are cats like that I'm sure they have dogs that

way too

Kim Maag wrote:

> My older boys want a dog, too...good point about it being a source of

> compansionship as they get older and don't fit in...we'll have to keep

> it in mind.

>

> Our problem is allergies...mom, dad, all three boys (even the baby

> sneezed all night after sitting outside for an hour before bed last

> night)... sneezing is one thing but when they cause asthma attacks its

> another. Do they train turtles to be assistive? (just kidding...its the

> only kind of pet our allergist thinks we could consider)

>

>

>

• 6 years later...
Guest guest

Stacie, This would be a good business to begin in our own area. Alot of these are far away. I know of one in hinsdale. Let me know if you want more info. Their dogs are owned by this company and it is like you borrow them and they come to your house unannounced to check up on you once you have their dog. I want to own my own dog.

> You can ask for a new CSE meeting to ammend the IEP through your > school district at any time. You can also sign a waiver of > notification (here it's a 5 day waiver) which pretty much means that > they MUST meet ASAP. Usually within days. I have signed the waiver on > a Monday and had the meeting on Tuesday. It is up to the district and > the team (which parents are a part of) to write the IEP. Just keep > pushing the fact that it is a safety issue. was a runner, and > extremely fast. If you turned your back for a second he was gone, and > that is how I got what he needed and still has.

> >

> >

> >

> > Kathy,

> > My son used to throw fits and throw his shoes, while being in a > harness on the school bus. What changed his behavior was switching > him to a regular seatbelt. Now, he is very happy on the bus. He is > also a runner (and extremely fast). > > > > p.s. you have to get the teacher to change the wording on your > child's I.E.P. and it's up to her/him to get around to doing it.

> > > > Sara

> > > > bus behavior

> > > > > > I am looking for help on bus behavior. My 6 year old keeps > getting out > > of his harness and is throwing his shoes on the bus. I understand > that > > he doesnt want to be restrainted. But I need to teach the right > > behavior. My school district next year will not give him a aid > since > > the aid this year is only because there is a wheel chair child. I > was > > told that they will wait till somthing happens till they will > consider > > it. My opinion, my son is a runner, he is going to get out of his > > harness and possibley interupt the bus driver and there will be a > > accident. I need to teach him to sit and behave before the > harness > > comes off. I do know that as long as I keep him on the special ed > bus > > he cant be kicked off. DO I let other parents know that their > children > > are at risk with my son? I am sick of the wait till somthing > happens > > and my health is taking a toll with worry. Does anyone have a > social > > story that could help me? This is only a portion of my concerns > of a > > mother with a runner with autism. I know he is not the only child > like > > this. HOW DO PEOPLE AFFORD PRIVATE PEOPLE TO HELP THEM? kathy

> >

> > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

>

----------------

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

----------------

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

> ------------------------------------

Guest guest

I would love some more info. Thanks!

Stacie B

Aurora IL

Stacie, This would be a good business to begin in our own area. Alot of these are far away. I know of one in hinsdale. Let me know if you want more info. Their dogs are owned by this company and it is like you borrow them and they come to your house unannounced to check up on you once you have their dog. I want to own my own dog.

> You can ask for a new CSE meeting to ammend the IEP through your > school district at any time. You can also sign a waiver of > notification (here it's a 5 day waiver) which pretty much means that > they MUST meet ASAP. Usually within days. I have signed the waiver on > a Monday and had the meeting on Tuesday. It is up to the district and > the team (which parents are a part of) to write the IEP. Just keep > pushing the fact that it is a safety issue. was a runner, and > extremely fast. If you turned your back for a second he was gone, and > that is how I got what he needed and still has.

> >

> >

> >

> > Kathy,

> > My son used to throw fits and throw his shoes, while being in a > harness on the school bus. What changed his behavior was switching > him to a regular seatbelt. Now, he is very happy on the bus. He is > also a runner (and extremely fast). > > > > p.s. you have to get the teacher to change the wording on your > child's I.E.P. and it's up to her/him to get around to doing it.

> > > > Sara

> > > > bus behavior

> > > > > > I am looking for help on bus behavior. My 6 year old keeps > getting out > > of his harness and is throwing his shoes on the bus. I understand > that > > he doesnt want to be restrainted. But I need to teach the right > > behavior. My school district next year will not give him a aid > since > > the aid this year is only because there is a wheel chair child. I > was > > told that they will wait till somthing happens till they will > consider > > it. My opinion, my son is a runner, he is going to get out of his > > harness and possibley interupt the bus driver and there will be a > > accident. I need to teach him to sit and behave before the > harness > > comes off. I do know that as long as I keep him on the special ed > bus > > he cant be kicked off. DO I let other parents know that their > children > > are at risk with my son? I am sick of the wait till somthing > happens > > and my health is taking a toll with worry. Does anyone have a > social > > story that could help me? This is only a portion of my concerns > of a > > mother with a runner with autism. I know he is not the only child > like > > this. HOW DO PEOPLE AFFORD PRIVATE PEOPLE TO HELP THEM? kathy

> >

> > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

>

----------------

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

----------------

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

> ------------------------------------