RemedySpot.com

Re: stuffed toy/ friend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes, myself and my two boys, all on the spectrum have had a stuffed animal that we are attached to.  If it cannot be found by bedtime, all heck breaks loose until it is located.  My preference was a stuffed donkey that I still have but no longer sleep with (I am 44 after all lol), my youngest has a teddy that he chewed the ears off of long ago, that I've stitched together many times, restuffed it.  He cannot function without it, he has it right now on the couch with him. He is 7 years old. I have to remind him to put it in his sleep area (he doesn't sleep on a mattress, he sleeps under it for the compression. No other animal or teddy will comfort him when he cannot find teddy (he didn't name the teddy, he calls it what it is. He never names any stuffed animal or his favorite, pillow pets.)  The pillow pets he sleeps on but they are not THE focus toy that Teddy is.

For my oldest who is now 18, until he was 13 he slept with 2 sock monkey's, but one of them (Alice, named after Grandma, at my insistence, otherwise it would have just been sock monkey lol), he took her everywhere until he decided he was too old and no longer needed it.

Teddy and sock monkeys have been lost many times and lost sleep more than I care to remember, but I will not try to take away his security, or try to tell him when it's time to let go of it, they seem to do that on their own eventually. I did, my oldest did, and my youngest will too someday. I figure, he's not hurting anyone, and comfort helps him keep calm, so why not.

Ashton

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy that they are severely attached to?  Like all heck will break loose if they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever).  My son is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog.  He can't go to bed without it.  He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed or taken away.  It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have it.  He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise), etc.  Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed dog!!!  It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's about the ONLY object that he plays pretend with which I think is the

only totally AWESOME part of the whole scenario!!  Anybody else have a similar issue? 

Guest guest

Yes, mine had "birthday cat" from aged 2 onward. (This was a little black and white stuffed cat with a pink "birthday hat" on its head) He finally put it aside (left it on his dresser top) around age 8. But it was very comforting to him. I was always afraid he might lose it as it went everywhere, but he didn't. Now he carries "squishes" around and always needs one --these are great for sensory issues and calming anxiety. (cheap rubbery caterpillars filled with air) From: R.

Tucker To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:49 PM Subject: stuffed toy/ friend

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy that they are severely attached to? Like all heck will break loose if they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go to bed without it. He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed or taken away. It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have it. He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise), etc. Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's about the ONLY object that he

plays pretend with which I think is the

only totally AWESOME part of the whole scenario!! Anybody else have a similar issue?

Guest guest

My son is 10 and is just obsessed with all plushes! He has hundreds! Everywhere we go he MUST buy a plush! Aside from computers, DS, Wii and drawing, it is one of the few things he actually plays with! He looks like one of his plushes when he goes to bed because several must be surrounding him!Sent from my iPhone

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy that they are severely attached to? Like all heck will break loose if they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go to bed without it. He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed or taken away. It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have it. He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise), etc. Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's about the ONLY object that he plays pretend with which I think is the

only totally AWESOME part of the whole scenario!! Anybody else have a similar issue?

=

Guest guest

My son had a bunny that he had to sleep with. We went on vacation and forgot it once. It was hell -- I called a friend at home and had her fed ex it to us! There was no relief from his perserverative anxiety over it. He's fifteen now, I think the bunny stopped being an issue somewhere around sixth grade. The funny thing -- I can't remember what he did that was so unbearable. I just remember this awful urgency, all of us, husband, three siblings, could not stand another day without that bunny.I also remember relief that it was a cute cuddly pretend animal rather than a toaster or some other random autistic fetish thing. I agree that the pretend games with the stuffed dog are wonderful and would be grateful for that aspect of things. So much of what we dealt with then is behind us now. Amazing that progress was ever made. It used to seem that we'd never escape the bad times. Now if we can just get through some semblance of high school math... My son is 10 and is just obsessed with all plushes! He has hundreds! Everywhere we go he MUST buy a plush! Aside from computers, DS, Wii and drawing, it is one of the few things he actually plays with! He looks like one of his plushes when he goes to bed because several must be surrounding him!Sent from my iPhone Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy that they are severely attached to? Like all heck will break loose if they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go to bed without it. He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed or taken away. It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have it. He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise), etc. Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's about the ONLY object that he plays pretend with which I think is the only totally AWESOME part of the whole scenario!! Anybody else have a similar issue? =

Guest guest

This is so interesting because my kids have always been so attatched to multiple stuffed toys and my friends have always said how their kids don't even care about their stuffed animals. I find it interesting that this seems to be a trend with ASD. Funny story, my oldest (9) has a giant stuffed dog (thanks, mom) that she was in a panick over about not being able to take with us on an airplane...thank God I have a dear friend who found the exact dog in a mini size and we were able to get on the plane. I was worried we would have to buy the large stuffed dog a plane ticket, or cancel the trip! :) So, uh, yes, we have a similar problem. :)

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy that they are severely attached to?  Like all heck will break loose if they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever).  My son is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog.  He can't go to bed without it.  He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed or taken away.  It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have it.  He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise), etc.  Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed dog!!!  It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's about the ONLY object that he plays pretend with which I think is the

only totally AWESOME part of the whole scenario!!  Anybody else have a similar issue? 

Guest guest

Thanks to all that responded. I no longer feel alone in this scenario!! And thanks to whomever said my question wasn't dumb!! Love all of your stories!! To: autism-aspergers Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:44 PM Subject: Re:

stuffed toy/ friend

This is so interesting because my kids have always been so attatched to multiple stuffed toys and my friends have always said how their kids don't even care about their stuffed animals. I find it interesting that this seems to be a trend with ASD. Funny story, my oldest (9) has a giant stuffed dog (thanks, mom) that she was in a panick over about not being able to take with us on an airplane...thank God I have a dear friend who found the exact dog in a mini size and we were able to get on the plane. I was worried we would have to buy the large stuffed dog a plane ticket, or cancel the trip! :) So, uh, yes, we have a similar problem. :)

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy that they are severely attached to? Like all heck will break loose if they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go to bed without it. He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed or taken away. It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have it. He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise), etc. Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's about the ONLY object that he plays pretend with which I think is the

Guest guest

Yep, my DD still sleeps with a stuffed dragon. She is 15 now. I'm not too worried. I have a girl scout troop and they usually bring a 'lovie' to our overnight activities. My daughter would meltdown if she didn't have it. She isn't too bad anymore since she is older.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you;

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

-- stuffed toy/ friend

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy that they are severely attached to? Like all heck will break loose if they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go to bed without it. He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed or taken away. It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have it. He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise), etc. Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's about the ONLY object that he plays pretend with which I think is the only totally AWESOME part of the whole scenario!! Anybody else have a similar issue?

Guest guest

I'm hoping by 15 that being without his dog doesn't cause a panic attack! To: autism-aspergers Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 5:33 PM Subject: Re: stuffed toy/ friend

Yep, my DD still sleeps with a stuffed dragon. She is 15 now. I'm not too worried. I have a girl scout troop and they usually bring a 'lovie' to our overnight activities. My daughter would meltdown if she didn't have it. She isn't too bad anymore since she is older.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you;

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

-- stuffed toy/ friend

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy that they are severely attached to? Like all heck will break loose if they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go to bed without it. He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed or taken away. It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have it. He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise), etc. Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's about the ONLY object that he plays pretend with which I think is the only totally AWESOME part of the whole scenario!! Anybody else have a similar issue?

Guest guest

I still have the bunny (called "Bunny" :) ) my dad bought me when I

was still in hospital after being born.  I will be fifty later this

year, so it doesn't look as good as it used to.  I slept with it

every night until I was about 12, then it sat on the table watching

me.  He still sits on the end of my bed - despite my wife's pleas to

'put it out of sight'.  The things that Bunny went through, it's

surprising he is still in one piece :)

My son had a bunny that he had to sleep with.  We went on

vacation and forgot it once.  It was hell -- I called a

friend at home and had her fed ex it to us!  There was no

relief from his perserverative anxiety over it.  He's

fifteen now, I think the bunny stopped being an issue

somewhere around sixth grade.  The funny thing -- I can't

remember what he did that was so unbearable.  I just

remember this awful urgency, all of us, husband, three

siblings, could not stand another day without that bunny.

I also remember relief that it was a cute cuddly

pretend animal rather than a toaster or some other random

autistic fetish thing.  I agree that the pretend games

with the stuffed dog are wonderful and would be grateful

for that aspect of things.  

So much of what we dealt with then is behind us now.

Amazing that progress was ever made.  It used to seem

that we'd never escape the bad time! s.  Now if we can

just get through some semblance of high school math...

My son is 10 and is just obsessed with all

plushes!  He has hundreds!  Everywhere we go he

MUST buy a plush!  Aside from computers, DS, Wii

and drawing, it is one of the few things he

actually plays with!  He looks like one of his

plushes when he goes to bed because several must

be surrounding him!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 14, 2012, at 7:49 PM, " R. Tucker"

wrote:

Ok, dumb question, but do any of

your children have a stuffed toy that

they are severely attached to?  Like all

heck will break loose if they don't go

to bed with stuffed (whatever).  My son

is 9 going on 10 soon and is extremely

attached to a stuffed dog.  He can't go

to bed without it.  He cries and freaks

out if for some reason it's been washed

or taken away.  It's a full on panic/

anxiety attack if he doesn't have it. 

He also talks for this dog and he'll ask

me to say goodnight to it, pet it, give

it a hug and he'll have the dog give me

a goodnight lick (he'll make the noise),

etc.  Just never expected my almost 10

yr. old to be so attached to a stuffed

dog!!!  It talks, does tricks, gives

kisses, it's about the ONLY object that

he plays pretend with which I think is

the only totally AWESOME part of the

whole scenario!!  Anybody else have a

similar issue?

Sha! nnon

=

No virus

found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2411/4939 - Release Date:

04/15/12

Guest guest

I was traveling on the freeway the other day and was passing a ute

(don't know the American term) with a caravan behind.  In the back

of the ute were four very muddy mountain bikes and there was a

father with three boys about 9-12 in the ute.  What amused me was

that in the window of the caravan were three teddy bears all looking

out.  Seeing a father taking his boys off for a rugged weekend in

the bush for some 'male bonding' and including the teddies told me

that not everything is wrong with the world :)

Yep, my DD still sleeps with a stuffed

dragon. She is 15 now. I'm not too worried.

I have a girl scout troop and they usually

bring a 'lovie' to our overnight activities.

My daughter would meltdown if she didn't

have it. She isn't too bad anymore since she

is older.

Only two defining forces have

ever offered to die for you;

Jesus Christ and the American

Soldier.

One died for your soul; the

other for your freedom.

-------Original

Message-------

R. Tucker

Date:

4/14/2012 7:49:49 PM

To:

autism-aspergers

Subject:

stuffed toy/ friend

Ok, dumb question, but do any

of your children have a stuffed toy

that they are severely attached to? 

Like all heck will break loose if they

don't go to bed with stuffed

(whatever).  My son is 9 going on 10

soon and is extremely attached to a

stuffed dog.  He can't go to bed

without it.  He cries and freaks out

if for some reason it's been washed or

taken away.  It's a full on panic/

He also talks for this dog and he'll

ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it,

give it a hug and he'll have the dog

give me a goodnight lick (he'll make

the noise), etc.  Just never expected

my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached

to a stuffed dog!!!  It talks, does

tricks, gives kisses, it's about the

ONLY object that he plays pretend with

which I think is the only totally

AWESOME part of the whole scenario!! 

Anybody else have a similar issue?

No virus

found in this message.

04/15/12

Guest guest

,Your story made me smile!LoriSent from my iPhone

was still in hospital after being born. I will be fifty later this

year, so it doesn't look as good as it used to. I slept with it

me. He still sits on the end of my bed - despite my wife's pleas to

'put it out of sight'. The things that Bunny went through, it's

My son had a bunny that he had to sleep with. We went on

vacation and forgot it once. It was hell -- I called a

friend at home and had her fed ex it to us! There was no

relief from his perserverative anxiety over it. He's

somewhere around sixth grade. The funny thing -- I can't

remember what he did that was so unbearable. I just

autistic fetish thing. I agree that the pretend games

Amazing that progress was ever made. It used to seem

that we'd never escape the bad time! s. Now if we can

plushes! He has hundreds! Everywhere we go he

MUST buy a plush! Aside from computers, DS, Wii

actually plays with! He looks like one of his

be surrounding him!

Sent from my iPhone

wrote:

they are severely attached to? Like all

to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son

attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go

to bed without it. He cries and freaks

or taken away. It's a full on panic/

etc. Just never expected my almost 10

dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives

whole scenario!! Anybody else have a

similar issue?

Sha! nnon

=

No virus

found in this message.

04/15/12

Guest guest

My son is 14 and doesn't have a favourite toy but he does still sleep with his baby blanket! It is threadbare now after having been washed a million times - but he still takes it to bed and sleeps with it every night. He also takes it when we go away overnight and also takes it to Scout camp. He keeps it hidden from all the boys except his best friend with whom he shares a tent. That boy would never tell anyone about the blanket.

He doesn't meltdown without it anymore, although it does upset him if he doesn't have it.

Estevan, SK

Canada

-- stuffed toy/ friend

FREE Animations for your email by IncrediMail

Click Here!

Guest guest

,Oh, I had so hoped we'd lose (his dog) in the puberty years. I guess not. LOL..... To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:36 PM Subject: Re:

stuffed toy/ friend

,Your story made me smile!LoriSent from my iPhone

was still in hospital after being born. I will be fifty later this

year, so it doesn't look as good as it used to. I slept with it

me. He still sits on the end of my bed - despite my wife's pleas to

'put it out of sight'. The things that Bunny went through, it's

My son had a bunny that he had to sleep with. We went on

vacation and forgot it once. It was hell -- I called a

friend at home and had her fed ex it to us! There was no

relief from his perserverative anxiety over it. He's

somewhere around sixth grade. The funny thing -- I can't

remember what he did that was so unbearable. I just

autistic fetish thing. I agree that the pretend games

Amazing that progress was ever made. It used to seem

that we'd never escape the bad time! s. Now if we can

plushes! He has hundreds! Everywhere we go he

MUST buy a plush! Aside from computers, DS, Wii

actually plays with! He looks like one of his

be surrounding him!

Sent from my iPhone

wrote:

they are severely attached to? Like all

to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son

attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go

to bed without it. He cries and freaks

or taken away. It's a full on panic/

etc. Just never expected my almost 10

dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives

whole scenario!! Anybody else have a

similar issue?

Sha! nnon

=

No virus

found in this message.

04/15/12

Guest guest

Ashton:I hear ya, but keeping calm and security isn't what he has when he loses it! (or it gets taken away). My husband wants to take it away due to the over the top outbursts he has when he cannot find it, etc. He screams and does this high pitched throat noise....I don't even know what to call it. I seriously think he's so angry sometimes when he loses his dog that my neighbors are going to call 911!! (We live in a town home---shared walls). No one can comfort him when he's like this. It's scary!! To: autism-aspergers Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:34 PM Subject: Re: stuffed toy/ friend

Yes, myself and my two boys, all on the spectrum have had a stuffed animal that we are attached to. If it cannot be found by bedtime, all heck breaks loose until it is located. My preference was a stuffed donkey that I still have but no longer sleep with (I am 44 after all lol), my youngest has a teddy that he chewed the ears off of long ago, that I've stitched together many times, restuffed it. He cannot function without it, he has it right now on the couch with him. He is 7 years old. I have to remind him to put it in his sleep area (he doesn't sleep on a mattress, he sleeps under it for the compression. No other animal or teddy will comfort him when he cannot find teddy (he didn't name the teddy, he calls it what it is. He never names any stuffed animal or his favorite, pillow pets.) The pillow pets he sleeps on but they are not THE focus toy that Teddy is.

For my oldest who is now 18, until he was 13 he slept with 2 sock monkey's, but one of them (Alice, named after Grandma, at my insistence, otherwise it would have just been sock monkey lol), he took her everywhere until he decided he was too old and no longer needed it.

Teddy and sock monkeys have been lost many times and lost sleep more than I care to remember, but I will not try to take away his security, or try to tell him when it's time to let go of it, they seem to do that on their own eventually. I did, my oldest did, and my youngest will too someday. I figure, he's not hurting anyone, and comfort helps him keep calm, so why not.

Ashton

Guest guest

LOL. I'm sorry. This whole chain is cracking me up. My 9 yr old boy loves anything "fluffy" and perseverates using that word constantly. Or else he meows. His character on Club Penguin is named Fluffy something. :) To: "autism-aspergers " <autism-aspergers > Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 9:17

AM Subject: Re: stuffed toy/ friend

It's not so much that he has a friend but that this friend is so close to him that it causes a panic attack/ rage when he doesn't have it!! I guess that's my main problem. I think it's also (and I know this is stereotyping) but it's more acceptable for a girl to have a fluffy something that she's attached to on her flower girly bed then for a boy to have this dog that talks, licks, barks, and whimpers!! From:

Riley

To: autism-aspergers Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:48 PM Subject: Re: stuffed toy/ friend

I was traveling on the freeway the other day and was passing a ute

(don't know the American term) with a caravan behind. In the back

of the ute were four very muddy mountain bikes and there was a

father with three boys about 9-12 in the ute. What amused me was

that in the window of the caravan were three teddy bears all looking

out. Seeing a father taking his boys off for a rugged weekend in

the bush for some 'male bonding' and including the teddies told me

that not everything is wrong with the world :)

Yep, my DD still sleeps with a stuffed

dragon. She is 15 now. I'm not too worried.

I have a girl scout troop and they usually

bring a 'lovie' to our overnight activities.

My daughter would meltdown if she didn't

have it. She isn't too bad anymore since she

is older.

Only two defining forces have

ever offered to die for you;

Jesus Christ and the American

Soldier.

One died for your soul; the

other for your freedom.

-------Original

Message-------

R. Tucker

Date:

4/14/2012 7:49:49 PM

To:

autism-aspergers

Subject:

stuffed toy/ friend

Ok, dumb question, but do any

of your children have a stuffed toy

that they are severely attached to?

Like all heck will break loose if they

don't go to bed with stuffed

(whatever). My son is 9 going on 10

soon and is extremely attached to a

stuffed dog. He can't go to bed

without it. He cries and freaks out

if for some reason it's been washed or

taken away. It's a full on panic/

He also talks for this dog and he'll

ask me to say goodnight to it, pet it,

give it a hug and he'll have the dog

give me a goodnight lick (he'll make

the noise), etc. Just never expected

my almost 10 yr. old to be so attached

to a stuffed dog!!! It talks, does

tricks, gives kisses, it's about the

ONLY object that he plays pretend with

which I think is the only totally

AWESOME part of the whole scenario!!

Anybody else have a similar issue?

No virus

found in this message.

04/15/12

Guest guest

LOL I remember my son's turtle lin (yes the one from the books) getting into "trouble" for not going to bed! It has been a few years, but as frustrating as it could be sometimes, I still remember these times as sweet, treasured memories. Amazing how when they get older the things that drove you bonkers is something you smile about now!To: autism-aspergers Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 11:49:04 AMSubject: Re: stuffed toy/ friend

,Ha ha....I can relate. (my son's dog friend) has been in time out too for not going to bed!! :) To: autism-aspergers Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 11:55 AM Subject: RE: stuffed

toy/ friend

My daughter who is 8 has a stuffed cat

called Hayden (he’s a boy). She dresses him up (Build a Bear sees a

lot of business from her) and he talks to everyone and gets into trouble.

We’ve actually had to ban him from play therapy because “Haydenâ€

is distracting Mya. She loves Hayden so much that after another child

wouldn’t give him back for a bit she started having nightmares. We

finally took Hayden to the pet store and got him a collar and a custom engraved

tag that has her name and number in case Hayden gets lost. We’re

actually thinking about getting a dog even though we’re cat people so she

has a live “friend.†I really need to do something as I have

found myself putting Hayden on the top step for misbehaving!!

From: autism-aspergers [mailto: autism-aspergers ] On Behalf Of R. Tucker

Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012

9:50 PM

To: autism-aspergers

Subject:

stuffed toy/ friend

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy

that they are severely attached to? Like all heck will break loose if

they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son is 9 going on 10

soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go to bed

without it. He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed

or taken away. It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have

it. He also talks for this dog and he'll ask me to say goodnight to it,

pet it, give it a hug and he'll have the dog give me a goodnight lick (he'll

make the noise), etc. Just never expected my almost 10 yr. old to be so

attached to a stuffed dog!!! It talks, does tricks, gives kisses, it's

about the ONLY object that he plays pretend with which I think is the only

totally AWESOME part of the whole scenario!! Anybody else have a similar

issue?

Guest guest

LOL I remember my son's turtle lin (yes the one from the books) getting into "trouble" for not going to bed! It has been a few years, but as frustrating as it could be sometimes, I still remember these times as sweet, treasured memories. Amazing how when they get older the things that drove you bonkers is something you smile about now!To: autism-aspergers Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 11:49:04 AMSubject: Re: stuffed toy/ friend

,Ha ha....I can relate. (my son's dog friend) has been in time out too for not going to bed!! :) To: autism-aspergers Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 11:55 AM Subject: RE: stuffed

toy/ friend

My daughter who is 8 has a stuffed cat

called Hayden (he’s a boy). She dresses him up (Build a Bear sees a

lot of business from her) and he talks to everyone and gets into trouble.

We’ve actually had to ban him from play therapy because “Haydenâ€

is distracting Mya. She loves Hayden so much that after another child

wouldn’t give him back for a bit she started having nightmares. We

finally took Hayden to the pet store and got him a collar and a custom engraved

tag that has her name and number in case Hayden gets lost. We’re

actually thinking about getting a dog even though we’re cat people so she

has a live “friend.†I really need to do something as I have

found myself putting Hayden on the top step for misbehaving!!

From: autism-aspergers [mailto: autism-aspergers ] On Behalf Of R. Tucker

Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012

9:50 PM

To: autism-aspergers

Subject:

stuffed toy/ friend

Ok, dumb question, but do any of your children have a stuffed toy

that they are severely attached to? Like all heck will break loose if

they don't go to bed with stuffed (whatever). My son is 9 going on 10

soon and is extremely attached to a stuffed dog. He can't go to bed

without it. He cries and freaks out if for some reason it's been washed

or taken away. It's a full on panic/ anxiety attack if he doesn't have