RemedySpot.com

Reason my nerves are shot.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello again, well as most of you know by now I have a son Marty who has had autism all of his life, he is 47 now and has had a lot of problems including seizures, doesn’t talk, is on a food tube, wears Depends, can’t do a thing for himself so I care for him.

Well about 6 weeks ago he started throwing up one night. Got up and he had vomit all over the front of him. I thought it must be the new food tube he got just a week before. As it got worse we took him to the ER, and went there a total of 4 times since he got dehydrated and had to get IVs. They had prescribed some anti-vomit pills for him to give with water but he could not hold them down, then on one of the trips said there was a form that would melt on your tongue so they tried one of them, and they worked, and we went home to get a prescription.

The stuff is called Zofran and is usually used for people after they get chemotherapy.

So over the weeks the throwing up has been pretty well control and I cut the medication down from 4 times a day, to only 2 times. At bedtime and early morning. Then on Mon I decided to cut back the early morning, and he threw up by noon. Aaaa! It took till the next day to get it under control again with the medication.

So this morning we took him to his regular Personal Care Physician just to check bases with him, since his gastroenterologist always seems a little spacy, and he said to keep him on the Zofran for a couple more weeks, then cut it down again, and if he throws up he will need a scope to see what is going on in his stomach. He’s been taking 40 mg a day of Prilosec in hopes whatever it is will heal.

Oh yes he had a test at the hospital where they put dye in his food tube and watched it pass through his intestines and we learned there was no blockage there, so that was good. Don’t know why but all this vomiting has made me a wreck. Plus he had a really bad seizure on Mon. right after he vomited. I think it freaked him out, and me too.

But we are doing better now.

That’s it.

Carolyn