RemedySpot.com

New

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello my name is and I found out I have hepatitis C in April of 2001. I am glad I found this group. There is a lot that I need to learn. I was put on the interferon and pill for about 3 months and I took myself of of it because I could not afford it. It was costing me 150 dollars a week. I am seeing a different doctor now and he is talking about putting me back on the treatmemts again. My insurance will cover it now. He tells me the treatment s are a lot different now then what they were 7 years ago. They will not put me on the treatments until they know for sure that I am getting counsiling since I suffer from depression already. I have moved to a different city and I have to start all over in getting counsiling. I have some questions. First, what does tx mean? If u ask for pain medication while u are on the treatments will the doc give it to u or will the meds interfer with the treatments? I currently take celexa for depression , elivil and I was

taking adavan for anxiety, I have to get back on it when I find me a counselor. Does anybody have any advice? I have never had a liver biopsy done, I have had blood drawn and i have had ultrsounds done, but should I ask my doctor to do a biopsy? I have had hep c for 7 years now and I feel like I don't know anything after reading some of the members entry. I am glad I found this group.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi ,, Welcome to the group! Im glad you found us too and I hope we will be able to help you find the answers you need in order to decide about treating again. Tx = treatment. bx=biopsy, INF=interferon, Riba=ribavirin, LFT's= Liver Function tests, etc,, if you come across anything else you dont understand, please please just ask.. I cannot imagine how awful that had to feel to HAVE to stop tx just because of the cost. Were you responding to tx? Yes, you WILL probably need pain meds while on tx, but some docs wont give them, some will, so that is one thing you want to clear up BEFORE you start tx.. I was on Celexa when I

found out I had HCV so my doc just upped my dose and I didnt have any tx issues with depression. so maybe speak to your doc about upping your dose before you start tx.. Pain meds, along with Sleeping meds, anxiety meds etc will NOT interfere with tx , neither will Milk Thistle or alpha lipoic acid. Just make sure you run everything by your doc to make sure that YOU PERSONALLY dont have any reason not to take a particular thing. The one thing NOT to take is cymbalta as its very hard on the liver, altho some docs do prescribe it for some with hep c which is really crazy,, but that is just my opinion,, but the box has that black box warning on it,, You really SHOULD get a biopsy as that is the ONLY real way to see how much damage you have or do not have.. the newer labs that are 'trying' to replace the biopsy are not accurate yet, and an ultrasound will only show if you have a liver tumor or something, it cannot tell you what is going on at the

cellular level, only the biopsy can, so I'd recommend one so that you know what your 'baseline' is. You have only had hep c for 7 years, thats great,, you 'may' not have a lot of damage yet, especially if you dont consume alcohol or lots of tylenol etc,, Well just ask questions if you have any and we will try to help you find the answers! once again, welcome to the group! jax STEPHANIE COFFEE wrote: Hello my name is and I found out I have hepatitis C in April of 2001. I am glad I found this group. There is a lot that I need to learn. I was put on the interferon and pill for about 3 months and I took myself of of it because I could not afford it. It was costing me 150 dollars a week. I am seeing a different doctor now and he is talking about putting me back on the treatmemts again. My insurance will cover it now. He tells me the treatment s are a lot different now then what they were 7 years ago. They will not put me on the treatments until they know for sure that I am getting counsiling since I suffer from depression already. I have moved to a different city and I have to start all over in getting counsiling. I have some questions. First, what does tx mean? If u ask for pain medication while u are on the treatments will the doc give it to u

or will the meds interfer with the treatments? I currently take celexa for depression , elivil and I was taking adavan for anxiety, I have to get back on it when I find me a counselor. Does anybody have any advice? I have never had a liver biopsy done, I have had blood drawn and i have had ultrsounds done, but should I ask my doctor to do a biopsy? I have had hep c for 7 years now and I feel like I don't know anything after reading some of the members entry. I am glad I found this group. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

My name is Tracey and I live in Chicago. We just found out our 14

year old son has OCD. We are all still trying to digest this info but

I do have a few questions.

1) Anyone else here have a child with OCD symptoms just surfacing at

puberty?

2) As we are just starting our journey - any advice as to things you

wish you had done or not done when you first found out?

3) Has anyone had luck decreasing symptoms by changing diet or using

holistic approaches?

Anyone know a good Cognitive Behavioral Therapist in the Chicago Area?

Thank you for your time.

Tracey