RemedySpot.com

Why is it so hard for him to remember

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Our daughter is 15 yrs old and has NEVER been able to transition well. Last night my husband politely told our daughter to go clean her room for 30 minutes before they went to the movies. He was surprised when she melted down. Seriously? When has that ever worked!? Then he gets mad and raises his voice at her because she she is crying. Huh? How does that help? Anyway, she was busy watching cartoons and couldn't just stop in the middle so she was frustrated that he was making her. Duh! Yes, I'd love it if we could just ask her to do something and she would do it but I'm not delusional, it will probably never happen. It's really easy to get her to clean her room. 1. State what has to be done. 2. Give a timeframe that it has to be done in. 3. State the consequences that will happen if it is not done. 4. Leave her alone to do it. It is SO easy why can't he remember?! "You need to clean your room by bedtime tonight. If it's not done then you will loose all electronics until it is done." Simple. Easy. Effective. No arguments...just compliance. She finishes doing what she is doing and then cleans her room. Done peacefully.

I reminded him that she doesn't transition like that and yada yada yada. So now he feels like the south end of a north bound donkey. I wouldn't be so irritated but I had a massive migraine so I couldn't even leave the dark, (kind of) quiet bedroom. I had to listen to it through the walls and couldn't do much about it.

Sorry, just had to vent a little!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you;

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.