Guest guest

Hey everyone,

Just an update on my Incivek, Ribovirin and Pegasys treatment. I got my blood

test today and my hemoglobin is 7.3 which is pretty bad. For those of you who

decide to start the medicine or are on it, please get with your doctor on your

weight.

I weigh 125lbs and they started me on Ribovirin, Pegasys and incivek for 160lb

person and it is really hurting my hemoglobin. We did drop the ribovirin from

1200mg a day to 1000mg a day in the last week and I have noticed a difference in

feeling better but my hemoglobin went from an 8.6 the last 2 Tuesdays to a 7.3

today. They have given me a shot of Procrit on 2/17 and 2/24 but didn't last

week since it didn't drop but now I have to go for a blood transfusion @ 7am

tomorrow morning. They are going to take a CBC differential first to make sure

my hemoglobin didn't go back up but if it hasn't then I will be getting units of

blood.

I have 3 weeks left on the Incivek and until December 24th on the Pegasys and

Ribovirin. We are going to try and not make any changes with the meds from here

on out and hopefully once the Incivek is done in 2 weeks, I won't have such a

hard problem with my hemoglobin. I will let you know and this isn't too scare

anyone, just make sure you pay attention to your body and let the doctor know

everything.

Love,

Sheila

Guest guest

Sheila

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. When i reduced my riba

it did make a difference. you will feel better after you finish Incivek. please

dont get discouraged! it is a long road and you will get bruised and beaten up a

bit but it is worth it. I have 14 days to go until EOT I never thought I would

make it but I did.You are a very brave slayer, it is an honor to share the field

of battle with you

Rick

>

> Hey everyone,

>

> Just an update on my Incivek, Ribovirin and Pegasys treatment. I got my blood

test today and my hemoglobin is 7.3 which is pretty bad. For those of you who

decide to start the medicine or are on it, please get with your doctor on your

weight.

>

> I weigh 125lbs and they started me on Ribovirin, Pegasys and incivek for 160lb

person and it is really hurting my hemoglobin. We did drop the ribovirin from

1200mg a day to 1000mg a day in the last week and I have noticed a difference in

feeling better but my hemoglobin went from an 8.6 the last 2 Tuesdays to a 7.3

today. They have given me a shot of Procrit on 2/17 and 2/24 but didn't last

week since it didn't drop but now I have to go for a blood transfusion @ 7am

tomorrow morning. They are going to take a CBC differential first to make sure

my hemoglobin didn't go back up but if it hasn't then I will be getting units of

blood.

>

> I have 3 weeks left on the Incivek and until December 24th on the Pegasys and

Ribovirin. We are going to try and not make any changes with the meds from here

on out and hopefully once the Incivek is done in 2 weeks, I won't have such a

hard problem with my hemoglobin. I will let you know and this isn't too scare

everything.

>

> Love,

> Sheila

>

Guest guest

I just started the 3 med combo. Riba,Peg and Incevik on Monday April 2nd. This is my third treatment for Hep C . Too early to tell,I will have a blood test next Monday. Just tired and headaches right after taking the pills. I hope this works. I'll keep you posted. Patsy Candebat

Patsy

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 11:18 AMSubject: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

SheilaSorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. When i reduced my riba it did make a difference. you will feel better after you finish Incivek. please dont get discouraged! it is a long road and you will get bruised and beaten up a bit but it is worth it. I have 14 days to go until EOT I never thought I would make it but I did.You are a very brave slayer, it is an honor to share the field of battle with youRick>> Hey everyone,> > Just an update on my Incivek, Ribovirin and Pegasys treatment. I got my blood test today and my hemoglobin is 7.3 which is pretty bad. For those of you who decide to start the medicine or are on it, please get with your doctor on your weight.

> > I weigh 125lbs and they started me on Ribovirin, Pegasys and incivek for 160lb person and it is really hurting my hemoglobin. We did drop the ribovirin from 1200mg a day to 1000mg a day in the last week and I have noticed a difference in feeling better but my hemoglobin went from an 8.6 the last 2 Tuesdays to a 7.3 today. They have given me a shot of Procrit on 2/17 and 2/24 but didn't last week since it didn't drop but now I have to go for a blood transfusion @ 7am tomorrow morning. They are going to take a CBC differential first to make sure my hemoglobin didn't go back up but if it hasn't then I will be getting units of blood. > > I have 3 weeks left on the Incivek and until December 24th on the Pegasys and Ribovirin. We are going to try and not make any changes with the meds from here on out and hopefully once the Incivek is done in 2 weeks, I won't have such a hard problem with my hemoglobin. I will let you know and

this isn't too scare anyone, just make sure you pay attention to your body and let the doctor know everything.> > Love,> Sheila>

Guest guest

You have made my day Rick by your sweet words. It is so great having people behind you that have experienced what yourself is going through with medication and a disease. Your words of sharing the battle with me made me smile and I thank you. I have a little over a week left with incivek and since my blood transfusion I am eating a bit better and I'm going to believe your words to me that I will feel a better once done with the incivek even though I know we are all different and it just depends on our bodies but I'm sure it has to be a postive feeling. God Bless you Rick and thanks again for being here for all of us!! Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:18 PM Subject: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

Sheila

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. When i reduced my riba it did make a difference. you will feel better after you finish Incivek. please dont get discouraged! it is a long road and you will get bruised and beaten up a bit but it is worth it. I have 14 days to go until EOT I never thought I would make it but I did.You are a very brave slayer, it is an honor to share the field of battle with you

Rick

>

> Hey everyone,

>

> Just an update on my Incivek, Ribovirin and Pegasys treatment. I got my blood test today and my hemoglobin is 7.3 which is pretty bad. For those of you who decide to start the medicine or are on it, please get with your doctor on your weight.

>

> I weigh 125lbs and they started me on Ribovirin, Pegasys and incivek for 160lb person and it is really hurting my hemoglobin. We did drop the ribovirin from 1200mg a day to 1000mg a day in the last week and I have noticed a difference in feeling better but my hemoglobin went from an 8.6 the last 2 Tuesdays to a 7.3 today. They have given me a shot of Procrit on 2/17 and 2/24 but didn't last week since it didn't drop but now I have to go for a blood transfusion @ 7am tomorrow morning. They are going to take a CBC differential first to make sure my hemoglobin didn't go back up but if it hasn't then I will be getting units of blood.

>

> I have 3 weeks left on the Incivek and until December 24th on the Pegasys and Ribovirin. We are going to try and not make any changes with the meds from here on out and hopefully once the Incivek is done in 2 weeks, I won't have such a hard problem with my hemoglobin. I will let you know and this isn't too scare anyone, just make sure you pay attention to your body and let the doctor know everything.

>

> Love,

> Sheila

>

Guest guest

The main thing that has helped me is drinking ensure plus (it has 11 grams of fat) and it is good for you. Drink non caffiene if you can for the meds do dehydrate something wicked and at times I take a bath in the oatmeal for it assists the body in moisture. Good luck Patsy and we are behind you all the way!! Sheila To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:08 PM Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

I just started the 3 med combo. Riba,Peg and Incevik on Monday April 2nd. This is my third treatment for Hep C . Too early to tell,I will have a blood test next Monday. Just tired and headaches right after taking the pills. I hope this works. I'll keep you posted. Patsy Candebat

Patsy

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Guest guest

The main thing that has helped me is drinking ensure plus (it has 11 grams of fat) and it is good for you. Drink non caffiene if you can for the meds do dehydrate something wicked and at times I take a bath in the oatmeal for it assists the body in moisture. Good luck Patsy and we are behind you all the way!! Sheila To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:08 PM Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

Patsy

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Guest guest

Patsy welcome to the battle! The new drugs work great you WILL be UND at 4 weeks

and you will be on your way to SVR(I have a way of knowing these things). I wont

lie it will be uncomfortable but you can do it. If I can do it anybody can (I

have 9 days 1 hour 54 mins until end of treatment)

wish you no SX and SVR

Rick

>

> The main thing that has helped me is drinking ensure plus (it has 11 grams of

fat) and it is good for you.  Drink non caffiene if you can for the meds do

dehydrate something wicked and at times I take a bath in the oatmeal for it

assists the body in moisture.  Good luck Patsy and we are behind you all the

way!!

>  

> Sheila

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: " Hepatitis_C_Central "

<Hepatitis_C_Central > 

> Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:08 PM

> Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

>

>

>

>  

>

> I just started the 3 med combo. Riba,Peg and Incevik on Monday April 2nd. This

is my third treatment for Hep C . Too early to tell,I will have a blood test

next Monday. Just tired and headaches right after taking the pills. I hope this

works. I'll keep you posted. Patsy Candebat

>

> Patsy

> Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

>

>

>

> .

>

Guest guest

Patsy welcome to the battle! The new drugs work great you WILL be UND at 4 weeks

and you will be on your way to SVR(I have a way of knowing these things). I wont

lie it will be uncomfortable but you can do it. If I can do it anybody can (I

have 9 days 1 hour 54 mins until end of treatment)

wish you no SX and SVR

Rick

>

> The main thing that has helped me is drinking ensure plus (it has 11 grams of

fat) and it is good for you.  Drink non caffiene if you can for the meds do

dehydrate something wicked and at times I take a bath in the oatmeal for it

assists the body in moisture.  Good luck Patsy and we are behind you all the

way!!

>  

> Sheila

>

>

>

> To: " Hepatitis_C_Central "

<Hepatitis_C_Central > 

> Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:08 PM

> Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

>

>

>

>  

>

> I just started the 3 med combo. Riba,Peg and Incevik on Monday April 2nd. This

is my third treatment for Hep C . Too early to tell,I will have a blood test

next Monday. Just tired and headaches right after taking the pills. I hope this

works. I'll keep you posted. Patsy Candebat

>

> Patsy

> Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

>

>

>

> .

>

Guest guest

I have 4 more days of Riba and then i'm done. Went to dr yesterday and found out

that I am UND at 24 weeks. I know you will receive the same news as I did at 24

weeks. Keep up the battle and I will see you at the finish line.

Rick

> >

> > Hey everyone,

> >

> > Just an update on my Incivek, Ribovirin and Pegasys treatment. I got my

blood test today and my hemoglobin is 7.3 which is pretty bad. For those of you

who decide to start the medicine or are on it, please get with your doctor on

your weight.

> >

> > I weigh 125lbs and they started me on Ribovirin, Pegasys and incivek for

160lb person and it is really hurting my hemoglobin. We did drop the ribovirin

from 1200mg a day to 1000mg a day in the last week and I have noticed a

difference in feeling better but my hemoglobin went from an 8.6 the last 2

Tuesdays to a 7.3 today. They have given me a shot of Procrit on 2/17 and 2/24

but didn't last week since it didn't drop but now I have to go for a blood

transfusion @ 7am tomorrow morning. They are going to take a CBC differential

first to make sure my hemoglobin didn't go back up but if it hasn't then I will

be getting units of blood.

> >

> > I have 3 weeks left on the Incivek and until December 24th on the Pegasys

and Ribovirin. We are going to try and not make any changes with the meds from

here on out and hopefully once the Incivek is done in 2 weeks, I won't have such

a hard problem with my hemoglobin. I will let you know and this isn't too scare

everything.

> >

> > Love,

> > Sheila

> >

>

Guest guest

I have 4 more days of Riba and then i'm done. Went to dr yesterday and found out

that I am UND at 24 weeks. I know you will receive the same news as I did at 24

weeks. Keep up the battle and I will see you at the finish line.

Rick

> >

> > Hey everyone,

> >

> > Just an update on my Incivek, Ribovirin and Pegasys treatment. I got my

blood test today and my hemoglobin is 7.3 which is pretty bad. For those of you

who decide to start the medicine or are on it, please get with your doctor on

your weight.

> >

> > I weigh 125lbs and they started me on Ribovirin, Pegasys and incivek for

160lb person and it is really hurting my hemoglobin. We did drop the ribovirin

from 1200mg a day to 1000mg a day in the last week and I have noticed a

difference in feeling better but my hemoglobin went from an 8.6 the last 2

Tuesdays to a 7.3 today. They have given me a shot of Procrit on 2/17 and 2/24

but didn't last week since it didn't drop but now I have to go for a blood

transfusion @ 7am tomorrow morning. They are going to take a CBC differential

first to make sure my hemoglobin didn't go back up but if it hasn't then I will

be getting units of blood.

> >

> > I have 3 weeks left on the Incivek and until December 24th on the Pegasys

and Ribovirin. We are going to try and not make any changes with the meds from

here on out and hopefully once the Incivek is done in 2 weeks, I won't have such

a hard problem with my hemoglobin. I will let you know and this isn't too scare

everything.

> >

> > Love,

> > Sheila

> >

>

Guest guest

That's awesome! Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerrySender: Hepatitis_C_Central Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 16:37:07 -0000To: <Hepatitis_C_Central >ReplyTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: Update on Med use and blood results I have 4 more days of Riba and then i'm done. Went to dr yesterday and found out that I am UND at 24 weeks. I know you will receive the same news as I did at 24 weeks. Keep up the battle and I will see you at the finish line.Rick> >> > Hey everyone,> > > > Just an update on my Incivek, Ribovirin and Pegasys treatment. I got my blood test today and my hemoglobin is 7.3 which is pretty bad. For those of you who decide to start the medicine or are on it, please get with your doctor on your weight. > > > > I weigh 125lbs and they started me on Ribovirin, Pegasys and incivek for 160lb person and it is really hurting my hemoglobin. We did drop the ribovirin from 1200mg a day to 1000mg a day in the last week and I have noticed a difference in feeling better but my hemoglobin went from an 8.6 the last 2 Tuesdays to a 7.3 today. They have given me a shot of Procrit on 2/17 and 2/24 but didn't last week since it didn't drop but now I have to go for a blood transfusion @ 7am tomorrow morning. They are going to take a CBC differential first to make sure my hemoglobin didn't go back up but if it hasn't then I will be getting units of blood. > > > > I have 3 weeks left on the Incivek and until December 24th on the Pegasys and Ribovirin. We are going to try and not make any changes with the meds from here on out and hopefully once the Incivek is done in 2 weeks, I won't have such a hard problem with my hemoglobin. I will let you know and this isn't too scare anyone, just make sure you pay attention to your body and let the doctor know everything.> > > > Love,> > Sheila> >>

Guest guest

Good news to hear Rick and thanks for keeping me updated on your health, please continue. I'm so glad there are others like you online that help those of us going through the same thing you have. The last few days have been pretty hard for me and I would like to share this with everyone who is on Incivek, Rib and Peg. I have stayed away from caffeine for it dehydrates you and have pretty much stayed with water intake. I spoke to my doctor yesterday for Thursday night was a terrible night for sleep and my stomach has been upset (I actually got sick last night for the first time). I have drank water most of the time and we think my body had too much water and not enough electrolytes. So as of yesterday morning I went out and bought some Gatorade

and bananas and I do feel better today. I'm not sure anyone would drink just water as I have (sometimes I take things to extreme, lol) but just water is a no no. I speak to the Incivek company often and they thanked me for giving them that information for they always spoke of water intake is a must but I guess they didn't think of electrolytes as I didn't.I only have 4 days left on incivek and felt so bad I wanted to quit and my doctor did say I'm pretty much 99% done with incivek and there could be that 1% chance that stopping it early could affect the outcome. Thank God I called him and he told me about the extreme water and not enough electrolytes for I do feel better today and will finish the incivek (I know it sounds crazy but I felt that miserable). I am getting a full blood test Tuesday and should find out in 2

weeks what the reading is for my viral load and then I have the rest of the year on Peg and Rib. I hope everyone is doing well.Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:37 PM Subject: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

I have 4 more days of Riba and then i'm done. Went to dr yesterday and found out that I am UND at 24 weeks. I know you will receive the same news as I did at 24 weeks. Keep up the battle and I will see you at the finish line.

Rick

Guest guest

Good news to hear Rick and thanks for keeping me updated on your health, please continue. I'm so glad there are others like you online that help those of us going through the same thing you have. The last few days have been pretty hard for me and I would like to share this with everyone who is on Incivek, Rib and Peg. I have stayed away from caffeine for it dehydrates you and have pretty much stayed with water intake. I spoke to my doctor yesterday for Thursday night was a terrible night for sleep and my stomach has been upset (I actually got sick last night for the first time). I have drank water most of the time and we think my body had too much water and not enough electrolytes. So as of yesterday morning I went out and bought some Gatorade

and bananas and I do feel better today. I'm not sure anyone would drink just water as I have (sometimes I take things to extreme, lol) but just water is a no no. I speak to the Incivek company often and they thanked me for giving them that information for they always spoke of water intake is a must but I guess they didn't think of electrolytes as I didn't.I only have 4 days left on incivek and felt so bad I wanted to quit and my doctor did say I'm pretty much 99% done with incivek and there could be that 1% chance that stopping it early could affect the outcome. Thank God I called him and he told me about the extreme water and not enough electrolytes for I do feel better today and will finish the incivek (I know it sounds crazy but I felt that miserable). I am getting a full blood test Tuesday and should find out in 2

weeks what the reading is for my viral load and then I have the rest of the year on Peg and Rib. I hope everyone is doing well.Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:37 PM Subject: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

I have 4 more days of Riba and then i'm done. Went to dr yesterday and found out that I am UND at 24 weeks. I know you will receive the same news as I did at 24 weeks. Keep up the battle and I will see you at the finish line.

Rick

Guest guest

I agree, you can get too much water and wash away your electrolytes but gatoraid would be my last choice altho I know Liz relies on it, but it has sugar in it and the molecules are too large to be absorbed directly across the blood barrier ( osmotic pressure), pedialyte is a better choice or LowOz.. the bananas are good tho.. just my 2 centshugs,jax To:

"Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:23 PM Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

Good news to hear Rick and thanks for keeping me updated on your health, please continue. I'm so glad there are others like you online that help those of us going through the same thing you have. The last few days have been pretty hard for me and I would like to share this with everyone who is on Incivek, Rib and Peg. I have stayed away from caffeine for it dehydrates you and have pretty much stayed with water intake. I spoke to my doctor yesterday for Thursday night was a terrible night for sleep and my stomach has been upset (I actually got sick last night for the first time). I have drank water most of the time and we think my body had too much water and not enough electrolytes. So as of yesterday morning I

went out and bought some Gatorade

Rick

Guest guest

Thank you so much for your your 2 cents Jackie for that is what we are all here for. If you could, can you explain the suger again and the molecules being too large to absorb (i'm not sure what that means). Love,Sheila From: Jackie on

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:00 PM Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

I agree, you can get too much water and wash away your electrolytes but gatoraid would be my last choice altho I know Liz relies on it, but it has sugar in it and the molecules are too large to be absorbed directly across the blood barrier ( osmotic pressure), pedialyte is a better choice or LowOz.. the bananas are good tho.. just my 2 centshugs,jax To:

"Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:23 PM Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

Good news to hear Rick and thanks for keeping me updated on your health, please continue. I'm so glad there are others like you online that help those of us going through the same thing you have. The last few days have been pretty hard for me and I would like to share this with everyone who is on Incivek, Rib and Peg. I have stayed away from caffeine for it dehydrates you and have pretty much stayed with water intake. I spoke to my doctor yesterday for Thursday night was a terrible night for sleep and my stomach has been upset (I actually got sick last night for the first time). I have drank water most of the time and we think my body had too much water and not enough electrolytes. So as of yesterday morning I

weeks what the reading is for my viral load and then I have the rest of the year on Peg and Rib. I hope everyone is doing well.Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:37 PM Subject: Re: Update on Med use

and blood results

Rick

Guest guest

Thank you so much for your your 2 cents Jackie for that is what we are all here for. If you could, can you explain the suger again and the molecules being too large to absorb (i'm not sure what that means). Love,Sheila From: Jackie on

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:00 PM Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

weeks what the reading is for my viral load and then I have the rest of the year on Peg and Rib. I hope everyone is doing well.Sheila To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:37 PM Subject: Re: Update on Med use

and blood results

Rick

Guest guest

What is LowOz? I have never heard of this? Iam drinking a LOT of water, so this info helps. I'm not big on Garorade tho. I will take my 3rd Peg Injection tonite. So far labs have been what the Doc calls STABLE. Had labs done this morning, so we will see. The side effects so far with the Incivek have been ok, but still too early

to jump up and down. From what I can remember the last time around and that was in 2008, the anemia and severe fatigue took a while to kick in but it was the major factor in having to stop along with the fact that I did not drop a Log. It was not working.The last time 1/28/08 my HCV RNA Ultraquant Cop/ml was 2640000.....this time it is 2763381 and that was on 3/8/12. By IU/ml last time it was 1320000. I'm really hoping this works. I'll keep you posted.

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:00 PMSubject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

I agree, you can get too much water and wash away your electrolytes but gatoraid would be my last choice altho I know Liz relies on it, but it has sugar in it and the molecules are too large to be absorbed directly across the blood barrier ( osmotic pressure), pedialyte is a better choice or LowOz.. the bananas are good tho.. just my 2 cents

hugs,

jax

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:23 PMSubject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

Good news to hear Rick and thanks for keeping me updated on your health, please continue. I'm so glad there are others like you online that help those of us going through the same thing you have.

The last few days have been pretty hard for me and I would like to share this with everyone who is on Incivek, Rib and Peg. I have stayed away from caffeine for it dehydrates you and have pretty much stayed with water intake. I spoke to my doctor yesterday for Thursday night was a terrible night for sleep and my stomach has been upset (I actually got sick last night for the first time). I have drank water most of the time and we think my body had too much water and not enough electrolytes. So as of yesterday morning I went out and bought some Gatorade and bananas and I do feel better today. I'm not sure anyone would drink just water as I have (sometimes I take things to extreme, lol) but just water is a no no. I speak to the Incivek company often and they thanked me for giving them that information for they always spoke of water intake is a must but I guess they didn't think of electrolytes as I

didn't.

I only have 4 days left on incivek and felt so bad I wanted to quit and my doctor did say I'm pretty much 99% done with incivek and there could be that 1% chance that stopping it early could affect the outcome. Thank God I called him and he told me about the extreme water and not enough electrolytes for I do feel better today and will finish the incivek (I know it sounds crazy but I felt that miserable).

I am getting a full blood test Tuesday and should find out in 2 weeks what the reading is for my viral load and then I have the rest of the year on Peg and Rib. I hope everyone is doing well.

Sheila

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:37 PMSubject: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

I have 4 more days of Riba and then i'm done. Went to dr yesterday and found out that I am UND at 24 weeks. I know you will receive the same news as I did at 24 weeks. Keep up the battle and I will see you at the finish line.Rick

Guest guest

LowOz is a product made my Unicity which used to be the old Rexall company. Its osmolity is lower than blood so it can cross the barrier in your mouth, down your esophagus and in your stomach and does not have to be digested like Gatoraid. Just type in LOWOZ in your search engine and you should be able to find it,, if you get stuck, let me know, and Ill try to see if I can find somewhere to get it ..best of luckhugs,jax From: Patsy Candebat

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 9:47 AM Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

What is LowOz? I have never heard of this? Iam drinking a LOT of water, so this info helps. I'm not big on Garorade tho. I will take my 3rd Peg Injection tonite. So far labs have been what the Doc calls STABLE. Had labs done this morning, so we will see. The side effects so far with the Incivek have been ok, but still too early

to jump up and down. From what I can remember the last time around and that was in 2008, the anemia and severe fatigue took a while to kick in but it was the major factor in having to stop along with the fact that I did not drop a Log. It was not working.The last time 1/28/08 my HCV RNA Ultraquant Cop/ml was 2640000.....this time it is 2763381 and that was on 3/8/12. By IU/ml last time it was 1320000. I'm really hoping this works. I'll keep you posted.

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:00 PMSubject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

I agree, you can get too much water and wash away your electrolytes but gatoraid would be my last choice altho I know Liz relies on it, but it has sugar in it and the molecules are too large to be absorbed directly across the blood barrier ( osmotic pressure), pedialyte is a better choice or LowOz.. the bananas are good tho.. just my 2 cents

hugs,

jax

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:23 PMSubject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

Good news to hear Rick and thanks for keeping me updated on your health, please continue. I'm so glad there are others like you online that help those of us going through the same thing you have.

The last few days have been pretty hard for me and I would like to share this with everyone who is on Incivek, Rib and Peg. I have stayed away from caffeine for it dehydrates you and have pretty much stayed with water intake. I spoke to my doctor yesterday for Thursday night was a terrible night for sleep and my stomach has been upset (I actually got sick last night for the first time). I have drank water most of the time and we think my body had too much water and not enough electrolytes. So as of yesterday morning I went out and bought some Gatorade and bananas and I do feel better today. I'm not sure anyone would drink just water as I have (sometimes I take things to extreme, lol) but just water is a no no. I speak to the Incivek company often and they thanked me for giving them that information for they always spoke of water intake is a must but I guess they didn't think of electrolytes as I

didn't.

I only have 4 days left on incivek and felt so bad I wanted to quit and my doctor did say I'm pretty much 99% done with incivek and there could be that 1% chance that stopping it early could affect the outcome. Thank God I called him and he told me about the extreme water and not enough electrolytes for I do feel better today and will finish the incivek (I know it sounds crazy but I felt that miserable).

I am getting a full blood test Tuesday and should find out in 2 weeks what the reading is for my viral load and then I have the rest of the year on Peg and Rib. I hope everyone is doing well.

Sheila

To: Hepatitis_C_Central Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:37 PMSubject: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

I have 4 more days of Riba and then i'm done. Went to dr yesterday and found out that I am UND at 24 weeks. I know you will receive the same news as I did at 24 weeks. Keep up the battle and I will see you at the finish line.Rick

Guest guest

LowOz is a product made my Unicity which used to be the old Rexall company. Its osmolity is lower than blood so it can cross the barrier in your mouth, down your esophagus and in your stomach and does not have to be digested like Gatoraid. Just type in LOWOZ in your search engine and you should be able to find it,, if you get stuck, let me know, and Ill try to see if I can find somewhere to get it ..best of luckhugs,jax From: Patsy Candebat

To: "Hepatitis_C_Central " <Hepatitis_C_Central > Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 9:47 AM Subject: Re: Re: Update on Med use and blood results

hugs,

jax

didn't.

Sheila