RemedySpot.com

Re: RE: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to autism-aspergers. Visit today!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Welcome .You sound like a really good mom. Give yourself the freedom to mourn your son's non-typical issues with others who understand. Your son's special attributes will shine through, they always do.Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerrySender: autism-aspergers Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 08:54:21 -0500To: <autism-aspergers >ReplyTo: autism-aspergers Subject: RE: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to autism-aspergers. Visit today! Hi My name is , My son Aiden, 8, has cerebral palsy (spastic diplegia) and has been taking risperdal and strattera to stabilize his mood, although they were hesitant to label him as bipolar at his age the Dr. said that is most likely what we are dealing with. I suspected aspergers when he was around 3 (we adopted him at age 28 mos from Korea) but it has been difficult to get people to listen to me because he is so engaging, charming, cute, intelligent etc when we are around others and even at school but then if there is one misstep at home it just sets him off or doing homework etc... it gets baaaaaaad. holes in the wall, knocked a hole in the BATHTUB of our new house, bites himself, bangs his head. We felt like we had to walk on eggshells. I really do want him to be happy and i love him more than the sun and the moon but im coming to realize that even if i put forth 110% he is still going to be unhappy when we are the ones that have to make him deviate from the thoughts that are playing over and over in his head.=( correction seems to make him escalate. happy as punch if you leave him alone or listen to his monologue... finally someone at school is listening and we have a therapist that is not fooled by his superficial novelties.... so i am hopeful, but a little sad. if he was just being 'bad' there was hope that he would decide to be 'good' but if its an actual diagnosis its going to be this way or worse for the long haul. he has to deal with cp and this... i try to prevent him from feeling sorry for himself or use his special needs as excuses but dang it i feel really bad for the little guy... thanks for listening > Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 00:54:16 +0000> From: autism-aspergers-owner > To: seoultrainonanairplane@...> Subject: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to autism-aspergers. Visit today! > > > Hello,> > Welcome to the autism-aspergers group at eGroups, a > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please > take a moment to review this message.> > To start sending messages to members of this group, > simply send email to > > autism-aspergersegroups> > If you do not wish to belong to autism-aspergers, you may > unsubscribe by sending an email to > > autism-aspergers-unsubscribeegroups> > You may also visit the eGroups web site to modify your > subscriptions:> > /mygroups> > > Regards,> > Moderator, autism-aspergers> > > > >

Guest guest

Hello , you said it all, the anguish of a mother!

You said everything I have felt in waves off and on all of these years. These are our feelings alright. Just want you to know I am here for you, and feel as you do, maybe if we mothers band together at least we will feel stronger and give support to one another and not feel we are all alone. And we will help one another also to look for the bright and strong and good traits in our children and in ourselves, and to not dwell on the negative defeatism type of traits.

It is an ongoing battle as I well know and can very tough sometimes.

I have a little grandson almost 8 with what I think is Aspergers, but the developmental pediatrician has said “mild autism†so far. He is such a little sweetheart but can have some of the traits you have mentioned also. I also have a grown up son, age 47, who’s had many of them the over the years, biting himself, screaming, yelling, throwing things, breaking things. He doesn’t do that anymore though thank God.

Right now actually he is in the hospital fighting for his life. Since he cannot talk we were a little slow in taking him to the hospital with symptoms of acute pancreatitis! It is a very bad thing and as I write he is receiving a CT scan to see if he has plugs in his lungs from mucus, or possibly pleural effusion in his lungs, a side affect of the pancreatitis. Evidentially the pneumonia they at first thought he had is gone the x-ray yesterday showed yesterday, so that is good anyway.

He went in on Mother’s Day last Sun. so it has been a week now of both of us sleeping at the hospital, and the pancreatitis seemed to be resolving itself with IV fluids, bed rest, no food for seven days but now these complications.

What is sad is it took so long to get help, as he started throwing up in Feb. and we had him to ER four times in one week, but nothing was “acute†yet then from the blood tests, so we went home with Zofran, an anti nausea pill that melts on his tongue. Then I took him to his gastroenterologist who put in his stomach tube ten years ago, only to be told to keep him on the Zofran, and add a strong antacid pill as well. I called a couple of times the last three months because I just did not think he should be throwing up without a diagnosis. And the doctor never did order a stomach scope or in this case he could have used a CT scan for gall bladder disease.

Somewhere in there I believe we could have avoided this calamity which is very serious but the doctor denies it and blames it on my son’s inability to talk and tell what hurts, but I told him I TOLD HIM WHAT HURT, funny he didn’t buy it even with the throwing up. Doctors can be frustrating!

My little rant today too. Got to get back over there now and see what they found, my husband stays with him from about 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm, when I go back and sleep there all night. Not getting much sleep that is for sure!

Carolyn a mom and grandma in Oregon! ;o( today

Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:54 AM

To: autism-aspergers

Subject: RE: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to autism-aspergers. Visit today!

Hi My name is , My son Aiden, 8, has cerebral palsy (spastic diplegia) and has been taking risperdal and strattera to stabilize his mood, although they were hesitant to label him as bipolar at his age the Dr. said that is most likely what we are dealing with. I suspected aspergers when he was around 3 (we adopted him at age 28 mos from Korea) but it has been difficult to get people to listen to me because he is so engaging, charming, cute, intelligent etc when we are around others and even at school but then if there is one misstep at home it just sets him off or doing homework etc... it gets baaaaaaad. holes in the wall, knocked a hole in the BATHTUB of our new house, bites himself, bangs his head. We felt like we had to walk on eggshells. I really do want him to be happy and i love him more than the sun and the moon but im coming to realize that even if i put forth 110% he is still going to be unhappy when we are the ones that have to make him deviate from the thoughts that are playing over and over in his head.=( correction seems to make him escalate. happy as punch if you leave him alone or listen to his monologue... finally someone at school is listening and we have a therapist that is not fooled by his superficial novelties.... so i am hopeful, but a little sad. if he was just being 'bad' there was hope that he would decide to be 'good' but if its an actual diagnosis its going to be this way or worse for the long haul. he has to deal with cp and this... i try to prevent him from feeling sorry for himself or use his special needs as excuses but dang it i feel really bad for the little guy... thanks for listening

> Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 00:54:16 +0000> From: autism-aspergers-owner > To: seoultrainonanairplane@...> Subject: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to autism-aspergers. Visit today! > > > Hello,> > Welcome to the autism-aspergers group at eGroups, a > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please > take a moment to review this message.> > To start sending messages to members of this group, > simply send email to > > autism-aspergersegroups> > If you do not wish to belong to autism-aspergers, you may > unsubscribe by sending an email to > > autism-aspergers-unsubscribeegroups> > You may also visit the eGroups web site to modify your > subscriptions:> > /mygroups> > > Regards,> > Moderator, autism-aspergers> > > > >