RemedySpot.com

RE: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to autism-aspergers. Visit today!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi My name is , My son Aiden, 8, has cerebral palsy (spastic diplegia) and has been taking risperdal and strattera to stabilize his mood, although they were hesitant to label him as bipolar at his age the Dr. said that is most likely what we are dealing with. I suspected aspergers when he was around 3 (we adopted him at age 28 mos from Korea) but it has been difficult to get people to listen to me because he is so engaging, charming, cute, intelligent etc when we are around others and even at school but then if there is one misstep at home it just sets him off or doing homework etc... it gets baaaaaaad. holes in the wall, knocked a hole in the BATHTUB of our new house, bites himself, bangs his head. We felt like we had to walk on eggshells. I really do want him to be happy and i love him more than the sun and the moon but im coming to realize that even if i put forth 110% he is still going to be unhappy when we are the ones that have to make him deviate from the thoughts that are playing over and over in his head.

=( correction seems to make him escalate. happy as punch if you leave him alone or listen to his monologue... finally someone at school is listening and we have a therapist that is not fooled by his superficial novelties.... so i am hopeful, but a little sad. if he was just being 'bad' there was hope that he would decide to be 'good' but if its an actual diagnosis its going to be this way or worse for the long haul. he has to deal with cp and this... i try to prevent him from feeling sorry for himself or use his special needs as excuses but dang it i feel really bad for the little guy... thanks for listening

> Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 00:54:16 +0000> From: autism-aspergers-owner > To: seoultrainonanairplane@...> Subject: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to autism-aspergers. Visit today! > > > Hello,> > Welcome to the autism-aspergers group at eGroups, a > free, easy-to-use email group service. Please > take a moment to review this message.> > To start sending messages to members of this group, > simply send email to > > autism-aspergersegroups> > If you do not wish to belong to autism-aspergers, you may > unsubscribe by sending an email to > > autism-aspergers-unsubscribeegroups> > You may also visit the eGroups web site to modify your > subscriptions:> > /mygroups> > > Regards,> > Moderator, autism-aspergers> > > > >