RemedySpot.com

RE: pegasys and free treatment update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Super! I keep my meds in the fridge in a

Lock & Lock container (Tupperware type) so that everything is all together……prefilled

syringes, alcohol wipes, my Procrit vials & syringes (hopefully, you won’t

be needing those!)

Did they send you the nice bag too with

the “sharps” container, DVD, literature?

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of joyceann

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008

2:00 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject:

pegasys and free treatment update

ok guys, got the deliverly today from fed express the

medication was

pkg and in a cold pack so im allready to begin next friday 10am appt

with dr for first injection and instructions,,,,oh and p.s i to was put

on antidepressant 2 weeks now celexa 10mg and i sleep with no problem

thanks to the medication

thats great hon ,, we'll ALL be pulling for ya here and hoping you have an easier time on tx and that you reach SVR!!! I used celexa too and I really swear it helped me through tx! good choice! lol joyceann wrote: ok guys, got the deliverly today from fed express the medication was pkg and in a cold pack so im allready to begin next friday 10am appt with dr for first injection and instructions,,,,oh and p.s i to was put on antidepressant 2 weeks now celexa 10mg and i sleep with no problem thanks to the medication Jackie

I only use Tylenol when it is absolutely needed. Asprin can be a big help, but it doesn't work as fast as tylenol. I take one 500mg capsule about an hour before the shot and then I wait for the headache that always follows. I take another 500mg and go to bed. My dr told me that Tylenol was safe as long as it was not abused. He said I could take up to 2000 mg per day but he did not recommend I do so. He said I would know when I needed to take something for pain and if the pain became too bad there were other alternatives. Steve B...

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

thats right Steve,, no one would want to take 2000 mg every day, thats for sure, but on shot day, its very helpful Did your doc say that Aspirin is ok? Most dont like it because it thins the blood out and if you are anemic, thinning the blood out wouldnt be a good idea,, AND.. if you have low platelets, that could really be a problem,, but we're all different and if you can tolerate it, well ya gotta have pain relief, thats for sure! Steve Bridgers

wrote: I only use Tylenol when it is absolutely needed. Asprin can be a big help, but it doesn't work as fast as tylenol. I take one 500mg capsule about an hour before the shot and then I wait for the headache that always follows. I take another 500mg and go to bed. My dr told me that Tylenol was safe as long as it was not abused. He said I could take up to 2000 mg per day but he did not recommend I do so. He said I would know when I needed to take something for pain and if the pain became too bad there were other

alternatives. Steve B... Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie

Jackie, I take 81mg of asprin every morning. The ribo caused me a lot of chest pain so the dr suggested it. I told him I had always taken asprin for pain and he said it was Ok but like everything else don't abuse it. I have a low platelet count now because I'm on the tx, but before tx my count was around 110,000 almost normal... (evil laugh) everyone says I've never been normal... As with any change in drugs or treatment while your battling the dragon, check with your dr. I discuss everything with mine and if he doesn't have an answer, he will find out and get back to me. If you are near Emory in Atlanta and are being treated for HepC, Drs Spivey and Parekh are as good as they get... Steve...

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

'Thank you Steve for answering this,, I agree, if your doc is watching you closely, then taking aspirin is probably ok, unless you were allergic to it or something,.., And with chest pains, it probably over rides the risk of taking it and so the benefits do outweigh the risk,, Are you having chest pains because you are anemic and dont have enough red blood cells and are not able to carry enough hemoglobin? Maybe they need to give you procrit if you are anemic,, I agree with you that you have to trust your doc and if you feel that your doc is one you like , that is a good thing,, so you should follow your docs advice, thanks again for answering my

questions about the aspirin,, jackie Steve Bridgers wrote: Jackie, I take 81mg of asprin every morning. The ribo caused me a lot of chest pain so the dr suggested it. I told him I had always taken asprin for pain and he said it was Ok but like everything else don't abuse it. I have a low platelet count now

because I'm on the tx, but before tx my count was around 110,000 almost normal... (evil laugh) everyone says I've never been normal... As with any change in drugs or treatment while your battling the dragon, check with your dr. I discuss everything with mine and if he doesn't have an answer, he will find out and get back to me. If you are near Emory in Atlanta and are being treated for HepC, Drs Spivey and Parekh are as good as they get... Steve... Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie